WAFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
The WAFL Grand Final is currently being played. Subiaco and playing Swan Districts with Rich playing for Subiaco and Naitanui is playing for the swans. For old times sakes Phil Read is playing for Subi. This highly informative and detailed website has let me keep track of the scores - http://www.wafootball.com.au/GameDayLive/

Hopefully someone can let us know how the two young blokes go on the big stage, and someone could fill in for Super with a 'Philthy Watch'.

Re: WALF Grand Final

Philthy in a winning GF team?

For the record that would be

2004 - finals
2005 - finals
2006 - finals + VFL premiership
2007 - played in a VFL premiership side (yeah sure it was one game but go with me here)
2008 - WAFL premiership. No surprises, he got reported.

What a legend

Did Rich and NN just solidify Watts as our #1 pick?

By all reports, neither of the WA boys did much of note, which is disappointing. No doubt BP and the rest of the club recruiters had a keen eye on the game.

Did Rich and NN just solidify Watts as our #1 pick?

By all reports, neither of the WA boys did much of note, which is disappointing. No doubt BP and the rest of the club recruiters had a keen eye on the game.
Worth noting Rich and NN are playing men's, Watts has only pitted himself against boys.

NN played no better than you would expect from a kid playing against men, the glimpses are all you can really expect at this stage. I did like the bit about running Philthy down on a 40m chase, then running up the other end and kicking a goal.

Philthy in a winning GF team?

For the record that would be

2004 - finals
2005 - finals
2006 - finals + VFL premiership
2007 - played in a VFL premiership side (yeah sure it was one game but go with me here)
2008 - WAFL premiership. No surprises, he got reported.

What a legend
I think his WAFL team have just gone back to back haven't they?

So technically he must have doubled up in '07? And can he not take credit for Geelong's GF win last year in the AFL?

Worth noting Rich and NN are playing men's, Watts has only pitted himself against boys.
I'm so sick of this line.

Watts pitted himself against the best under 18's in the competition (and won the Larke Medal for best player in comp). Naitanui and Rich are playing in the WAFL, which is pretty poor standard football.

There's actually not much difference.

Watts pitted himself against the best under 18's in the competition (and won the Larke Medal for best player in comp). Naitanui and Rich are playing in the WAFL, which is pretty poor standard football.

Keep telling yourself that. How can you compare U-18s and grown men? Not to mention these are the two best sides in the WAFL.

Tom Hawkins is the best example of a kid who dominated at under-age level and cope with the sudden jump to AFL. Jack Watts wouldn't get a touch in a WAFL side at this moment, I can tell you that much.

You aren't serious?

Subiaco are a big, strong, mature team. They would easily challenge any team in the VFL or SANFL. It's laughable to compare the WAFL to the U18s.

Callan Chambers nearly won the league medal, that alone makes my own mind up as to how strong the WAFL is..
It sits a rung under the VFL and SANFL.

Rich is going to be a gun regardless, thats a cert, but he still should do more in the WAFL..

Callan Chambers nearly won the league medal, that alone makes my own mind up as to how strong the WAFL is..
It sits a rung under the VFL and SANFL.

Rich is going to be a gun regardless, thats a cert, but he still should do more in the WAFL..
Brett Johnson almost won the VFL Medal.

He's the curly haired nut who played a few games for Carlton before getting delisted....

In other words, yours is a crap argument.

Keep telling yourself that. How can you compare U-18s and grown men? Not to mention these are the two best sides in the WAFL.

Tom Hawkins is the best example of a kid who dominated at under-age level and cope with the sudden jump to AFL. Jack Watts wouldn't get a touch in a WAFL side at this moment, I can tell you that much.

What are you talking about?

Watts won the Larke Medal playing in the same comp as Rich and Nic Nat, So why would they be able to "get a touch" in the WAFL but not Watts?

and your example of Hawkins is pointless because he had a big physical advantage over every one his own age where as Watts doesn't....

And you say how can you compare U-18's to grown men? Well the U-18 Champs is made up of the best talent in the country and future AFL stars and the WAFL is mostly made up of Washed up AFL players(from WA), "grown men" who couldn't make it and a few AFL listed players in each team, I know wich one i would rather play in......

So in short my point is that your an idiot.:p

VFL is always going to be of a better standard, simply because there are more Victorian AFL sides, so a lot of VFL teams are filled with players of AFL standard, some of which are pushed out of strong AFL sides, also with the TAC cup being the strongest under 18s in aus, a lot of quality kids end up playing VFL in hope of still getting drafted..

Ive also lived in WA, watched WAFL and thought it was a fair bit behind VFL and SANFL..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

agree again whelan.

Rich running around aginst grown men give me a break. You see guys who are 15 yo's in country leagues playing aginst grown men does that mean they will be afl stars?? pfff

The wafl has about as much credibilty as afl nsw.

Its were former west coast and fremantle hacks and players drafted to victiorian clubs but werent good enough to make (eg:troy longmuir) see out their playing days.

Did Lance Franklin ever star playing in the wafl?? I highly doubt it

And Farren Ray was a wafl star when he was under 18's, that really turned out great didnt it.

What about west coast ? Why don't they play a local derby ?
West Coast are worse then us.

Let me put it this way. Not only did we beat them by 34 points, against us, only 5 times a team scored under 100 points against us this year.

Hawthorn - 97
Brisbane - 92
Bulldogs - 95
N Melb - 98

West Coast - 45

They are worse then us.

WAFL League Grand Final

Subiaco 3.5 9.9 15.13 22.16 (148)
Swan Districts 6.3 9.5 10.6 14.7 (91)

GOALS:
Subiaco: Smith 6, Maplestone 4, Read, Hildebrandt 3, Hall, Cossom 2, Schofield, Hayes
Swan Districts: Notte, Roberts 2, Taylor, M McKinlay, Garlett, Davis, Pullman, Yarran, Naitanui, Banfield, Wolfenden, Geappen

BEST:
Subiaco: Hall, Maplestone, Hildebrandt, Schofield, Smith, Read
Swan Districts: Notte, Roberts, Richardson, Naitanui, Spananderman, Wolfenden

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Subiaco: Read, Schofield
Swan Districts: Twomey

Simpson Medallist: Chris Hall (Subiaco)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Interesting to note Naitanui was in the best, as well as the fact Phil Read was reported :D

WAFL League Grand Final

Subiaco 3.5 9.9 15.13 22.16 (148)
Swan Districts 6.3 9.5 10.6 14.7 (91)

GOALS:
Subiaco: Smith 6, Maplestone 4, Read, Hildebrandt 3, Hall, Cossom 2, Schofield, Hayes
Swan Districts: Notte, Roberts 2, Taylor, M McKinlay, Garlett, Davis, Pullman, Yarran, Naitanui, Banfield, Wolfenden, Geappen

BEST:
Subiaco: Hall, Maplestone, Hildebrandt, Schofield, Smith, Read
Swan Districts: Notte, Roberts, Richardson, Naitanui, Spananderman, Wolfenden

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Subiaco: Read, Schofield
Swan Districts: Twomey

Simpson Medallist: Chris Hall (Subiaco)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Interesting to note Naitanui was in the best, as well as the fact Phil Read was reported :D

No way not our phillip!!!

Hes a god damn legend isnt he.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back