Walker shirtfronts Mitchell, comes off worse, fox footy wanting Mitch rubbed out

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
cant even believe this is a thread - guy gets taken out way off the ball, fair bump, no complaints - and you guys want him rubbed out for being caught mid stride....??

sure, slow it down and his knee may hit him....but sheez, Tex initiates the contact...dont even think mitchell saw it coming

Deliberately? Youre having a laugh.

And then id even say - yes yes you can. If someone is tackling or bumping me i'll put my knee, shoulder or elbow into any part that I can. You want to bring the contact you can feel the pain.

Definitely brah. And after guys tackled me I used to get up and punch them in the face. They wanna bring the contact they can feel the pain.

cant even believe this is a thread - guy gets taken out way off the ball, fair bump, no complaints - and you guys want him rubbed out for being caught mid stride....??

sure, slow it down and his knee may hit him....but sheez, Tex initiates the contact...dont even think mitchell saw it coming

The trained reaponse is once aware, to turn side on to avoid a shirtfront. Looks like sams knee didnt make it all the way round !

Still can't believe the "this was intentional" thing

He may have lifted the knee to brace for contact last minute, but do people seriously think the cork was deliberate?

Still can't believe the "this was intentional" thing

He may have lifted the knee to brace for contact last minute, but do people seriously think the cork was deliberate?
How many bumping actions sees someone raise a knee to "brace" themselves for contact?
I've been bumped and have given out thousands of times playing footy and have never raised an knee nor had one raised at me as part of the collision.
Jon Brown, Alistair Lynch, Barry Hall, Gary Lyon, Danny Frawley all said that Mitchell deliberately raised his knee to cork Walker the only people who say he didn't strangely enough have a Hawthorn background but I'm sure that's purely conicidental

Mate, he was chasing a player, you show me how it's possible to run and not raise a knee.
You show me when Mitchell ever runs where his knees are up around someones hip area as part of his gait

You show me when Mitchell ever runs where his knees are up around someones hip area as part of his gait

I'll go out on a limb here and suggest you've never played the game, am I right? When chasing a player, and another comes in to block, what's your first reaction? That's right, to jump and turn to protect yourself. MRP was correct ... you were wrong ... deal with it.

How many bumping actions sees someone raise a knee to "brace" themselves for contact?
I've been bumped and have given out thousands of times playing footy and have never raised an knee nor had one raised at me as part of the collision.
Jon Brown, Alistair Lynch, Barry Hall, Gary Lyon, Danny Frawley all said that Mitchell deliberately raised his knee to cork Walker the only people who say he didn't strangely enough have a Hawthorn background but I'm sure that's purely conicidental

Wayne Carey, KB, Cameron Ling all thought there was nothing in it other than protecting himself - but I suppose there opinion means jack s**t. There was only one person with his eyes on the ball and it certainly wasn't Tex - he went to bump and came off second best - s**t happens

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Tex. A fav non Hawk. But he looks like a goose now saying he thinks Mitch did it on purpose.

You're the captain now mate. Put on a brave face and suck it up that you got injured. That was suck it up...........not sook it up.

I'll go out on a limb here and suggest you've never played the game, am I right? When chasing a player, and another comes in to block, what's your first reaction? That's right, to jump and turn to protect yourself. MRP was correct ... you were wrong ... deal with it.
Played for many many years an the first reaction is to plant your feet to give yourself a solid base to take the bump with, never jumped in the air to protect myself as the end result of doing that would be to end up on my arse and be out of the play.
I ask you have you ever played the game for if this was your method of taking contact I would suggest you didn't play very long

Leave it out mate.

Just looked at the current foxtel replay and our wronged hero tex really injured himself trying the same trick on the colossus that is Brad Hill. Mid third quarter

Im surprised our whiny media princesses havent tried to have him cited too

Hed kill himself if he charged someone his own size

And Sam Mitchell himself, you know, the guy who's mind you, lynch, hall and Lyon all claim to be able to read.

Still clinging to this, huh.

Common sense has prevailed.

To be honest, my perception is they both clashed in the spirit of the game. It looked intentional from first view but in reality, it wasn't as malicious as other collisions, I honestly believe that collision is just part of the game.

Let's move on before this game requires us to wear bubblewrap.

Played for many many years an the first reaction is to plant your feet to give yourself a solid base to take the bump with, never jumped in the air to protect myself as the end result of doing that would be to end up on my arse and be out of the play.
I ask you have you ever played the game for if this was your method of taking contact I would suggest you didn't play very long

Really can't believe this thread is still going...

Being such a veteran of the game, you'd see that he didn't have time to plant his feet.

The real question here is: what if it was Selwood?

If he intentionally corked him he's pretty good, seeing as he wasn't looking at him at the time.

What, you reckon you'd plant your feet mid stride?! Have another look at the footage. Mitchell's eyes are on the ball right up until the last second before Tex hits him. If he's going to plant his feet, he'd need to slow down a bit. Hence, his only option to protect himself is jumping and turning his body.

Jeez these Hawthorn supporters are embarrassing.

Gloating after your player gets cleared for raising a knee. Intentional or not, there's nothing to parade about.

Move on flogs.

Jeez these Hawthorn supporters are embarrassing.

Gloating after your player gets cleared for raising a knee. Intentional or not, there's nothing to parade about.

Move on flogs.

Im roasting certain media people einstein. Some of them absolute thugs when they played, and spouting absolut crap with an air of false authority

Eg jono brown is still saying walker was off for the rest of the game. Absolute crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back