Warner; time he walked/was pushed off the plank?

Remove this Banner Ad

He keeps on making these 20s and 30s, not enough to drop him, but he's been poor for a few years now. Really doesn't deserve a home summer retirement, try someone else instead. I don't think many Australians really care about his farewell, great cricketer, massive flog, move him on.
great cricketer? someone who barely averages 30 away from home over an extended period probably qualify as a 'great'. Being pedantic I know but he has been a very reliable batsman at home and a liability away for most of his career, with an inability to handle unfamiliar conditions.

There is a 0% chance of Warner being dropped.

Selectors have decided that they are comfortable with the 20-30 runs per innings they are getting. We've just won the WTC and retained the Ashes, as far as they are concerned, the selection of Warner has been vindicated.

Yep, one more test in England, we cant lose the series and they know we'll make plenty of runs over the home summer to get him to the SCG for his his farewell tour

With the prospect of two weak sides touring (one weak in general, the other weak on our pitches), it would be the perfect time to blood an opener.

But it will be the Warner farewell tour because Warner is more important than the team.

another opener will get an opportunity as warner this summer has stated he isn't playing the series against the west indies.

another opener will get an opportunity as warner this summer has stated he isn't playing the series against the west indies.

He shouldn't even be playing the other matches. Should be told you know what if you want the SCG farewell that's fine, but we are playing another opener the other two tests that series.

He shouldn't even be playing the other matches. Should be told you know what if you want the SCG farewell that's fine, but we are playing another opener the other two tests that series.

so hangon, you want someone else to play the first 2 tests and then drop them (or even maybe khawaja if the newcomer does well) just for warner to come back for a farewell match ?

so hangon, you want someone else to play the first 2 tests and then drop them (or even maybe khawaja if the newcomer does well) just for warner to come back for a farewell match ?

That is what I’d do personally yes. Why waste two tests, just have Warner 12th man for his farewell

That is what I’d do personally yes. Why waste two tests, just have Warner 12th man for his farewell

he either plays all 3 or gets dropped and there is no farewell.

end of the day he shouldnt have toured india and england where he hasn't even scored a ton, however he was hell bent on playing the WTC final.

Make him earn his spot playing shield beforehand. If he can score more runs/higher average than his competition, he gets his fairwell three tests.

He probably only has 1 or 2 games though with the World Cup on.

he either plays all 3 or gets dropped and there is no farewell.

end of the day he shouldnt have toured india and england where he hasn't even scored a ton, however he was hell bent on playing the WTC final.

Look I’d take the No farewell he had last summer to do his home farewell tour

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ed Cowan is fully in on the "They're keeping him in to delay him spilling the beans on Cape Town".

I say this every time but what beans? warners agent already came out and said CA higher ups told warner to cheat and nobody gave a s**t.

Warner has a cushy tv job lined up and he will tow the line as tv people need to have a close working relationship with current side, look how fast langer went from attack dog to kiss arse last summer when powers that be reminded him that in his tv role he kinda has to work with the players he was attacking non stop.

nice of Warner to name Renshaw as his heir apparent, so let's make his retirement (timing) decision for him.
He is acting like he is CEO of a company, i am retiring on this date, i want to be replaced with Renshaw, i feel sorry for Candace if/when they get divorced I want to be replaced by xxxx

Remove this Banner Ad

Back