Warner; time he walked/was pushed off the plank?

Remove this Banner Ad

one last chance for warner to ton up in england.

19 tests in england @ 26
10 tests in india @ 22

in england & india combined 29 tests (7 tours) - 1334 runs @ 24 100's - 0 , 50's - 11 55 innings

since sandpaper gate 35 tests @ 36 (4 tons)

Warner is probably the luckiest man in the team. If there was any other opener in the country not named Harris scoring runs at opener he'd be just about guaranteed to be gone, but as it is he's holding on due to the cupboard being bare.

Harris has been tried and failed, yes he's done everything he can at Shield level to warrant another go but considering the failures I get the reservations.

Hopefully Puc is able to have a run without being knocked on the bonce for a while and gets the home summer.

warner will have a record that no other aussie will achieve for some time (if at all) - 100 tests, 100 odi's and 100 T20's.

6 shield rounds for someone to put up their hand to be next cab off the rank.

one last chance for warner to ton up in england.

19 tests in england @ 26
10 tests in india @ 22

in england & india combined 29 tests (7 tours) - 1334 runs @ 24 100's - 0 , 50's - 11 55 innings

can't think of anyone else with a record that bad that was consistently picked. Amazing really. Can't imagine a single player from any nation who got such an extended run with such poor form.

I say this every time but what beans? warners agent already came out and said CA higher ups told warner to cheat and nobody gave a s**t.

Warner has a cushy tv job lined up and he will tow the line as tv people need to have a close working relationship with current side, look how fast langer went from attack dog to kiss arse last summer when powers that be reminded him that in his tv role he kinda has to work with the players he was attacking non stop.

are we seriously going to see Warner transition into the commentary box? Surely not for tests?

This last 2-3 years has really soured the public to him.

can't think of anyone else with a record that bad that was consistently picked. Amazing really. Can't imagine a single player from any nation who got such an extended run with such poor form.
Kohli tbf

From 2020 - prior to WIndies series (Home & Away)
23 matches, 1 100 ave 31

Last edited:
are we seriously going to see Warner transition into the commentary box? Surely not for tests?

its a done deal

Foxtel CEO Patrick Delany was delighted to have Warner, one of Australia’s greatest opening batsmen of all time, join the Fox Cricket team.

“I think it’s not possible to replace Shane (Warne) and Andrew (Symonds),” Delany told media at the SCG after the groundbreaking rights announcement.

“We’ve thought long and hard about what we might do with the coverage. When you’ve got names like Gilchrist and Guha, Hussey, Border, Waugh, Mel Jones, it’s a very, very big team.

“If you had one shot though at a commentator of the current crop to replace those two, you’d probably have to say Dave Warner is the name.

“He’s a brawler, he’s a fighter, he’s exciting. From the moment he stepped out on the patch, I remember in the Big Bash in 2011 when he first came to real dominance, we’re very glad that we’ve now signed him for now and the future.

“I think he’ll be a very, very good cricket commentator.”

thats why i dont buy all conspiracy theories with warner, warner is set either way another home summer or he starts his commentary career he doesn't need to torch anybody on his way out the door but he also knows CA are terrible at moving on senior players so why not try and squeeze another year out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

warner will have a record that no other aussie will achieve for some time (if at all) - 100 tests, 100 odi's and 100 T20's.

6 shield rounds for someone to put up their hand to be next cab off the rank.
put their hand up? try and be objective about it.
there's plenty of better options. Warner has been hopeless for 3 years.
No one needs to be averaging 60 at Shield Level, they just need to not be terrible.

A guy who has a hopeless away record, continunally picked for away tours, where he continues to completely suck.. what a surprise!
But the excuse is 'we don't have better options'... when the bar is ridiculously low we have many.

It honestly looks like they didn’t drop him because they are scared of what he and Candice will say. He should’ve been dropped before last summer
He was a gun opener for close to a decade (at home anyway) so has a lot of credit in the bank

Averaged 50 for a lot of his career, as an opener that is incredible

Pair that with no great options to replace him... I don't think it has anything to do with the sandpaper thing

He was a gun opener for close to a decade (at home anyway) so has a lot of credit in the bank

Averaged 50 for a lot of his career, as an opener that is incredible

Pair that with no great options to replace him... I don't think it has anything to do with the sandpaper thing
he was a good batsman at home for close to a decade. he doesn't have 'alot of credit in the bank'. It's unprecedented the level of ineptitude he has displayed for the period of time he has without getting dropped. He doesn't deserve his spot and should've been dropped a year ago - and that's with consideration to your 'credits in the bank'... without those he should've been dropped a lot earlier.

greater analysis of his batting is that he's the biggest flat track bully we have produced in the last 30 years.

It's not my view, I think he should have been dropped a year ago

But that's how I think the selectors see it
the way the selectors see it is what's confusing everyone.
Head was dropped before the India tour due to their reservations over him playing spin/record in the sub-continent over a very small sample size.
Meanwhile... Warner off the back of years of poor form and a horrible record against India retains his spot... Head replaces him as opener following his injury and does much better. Same with the England series - if they're suddenly looking into records overseas and unsuitability, why pick someone who hasn't and never will make runs in England? he doesn't have the technique to make runs anywhere other than roads.

I don't even dislike him like some do (he's just a bogan) but feel sorry for people like Green and Boland and others who have been dropped in the past few years as the same rules aren't applying to Warner. And I get a grace period is afforded to long term cricketers but he has already gone well beyond that, while at the same time dictating and continually stating when he'll be retiring.

Wow. Never will the mute button have been so popular

Ponting played on for years after he was cooked aussie selectors are terrified of moving on from long standing senior players this is a long running issue we are just making a bigger deal with warner because we dont respect him and we respected ponting but its still same s**t.

Ponting played on for years after he was cooked aussie selectors are terrified of moving on from long standing senior players this is a long running issue we are just making a bigger deal with warner because we dont respect him and we respected ponting but its still same s**t.
Except over the last 4 years Ponting averaged about 40…

Except over the last 4 years Ponting averaged about 40…

Warner averaged 35 last 4 years which is actually decent for an opener in this era, time ponting finished his career was pretty batting friendly compared to last 5 years i aslo think lack of quality options to replace warner has made this tougher as well we all want warner gone then we remember that means harris is the opener who looks even worse at this level.

Whatever happens next summer we are in some serious s**t with openers we need two new ones very soon and the options arent great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back