Moved Thread Was that the best officated Grand Final for the past 20 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

The free kick that stood out for me was Rioli's push in the back on Jetta.

How, THE heck, was that not downfield?

The free kick that stood out for me was Rioli's push in the back on Jetta.

How, THE ****, was that not downfield?
It was downfield.....

I assume you are thinking of the one on Suckling when he kicked and was then pushed and the free went back to the middle?

Swans were hard done by, by the umps. Hawks got pretty much all the 50/50s which is frustrating to watch. Some bad calls/non calls went the Swans way as well, but more bad went to the Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To pay 50m against Mitchell was fair enough not sure the 70m they actually paid was warranted. For comparison that 50m against Pyke (which was incorrect) was paid in an almost identical spot but the mark was outside 50, the other one was taken to about 25-30m out.

I thought we got some lucky holding the ball decisions but did miss out on the Suckling downfield free kick which would have resulted in a shot at goal.

Were the normal amount of mistakes, who cares it happens. Sydney lost the count but they were attacking the opposition harder all day. Makes sense they gave away extra free kicks.

That number 9 had money on the Hawks no doubt...

Matt Stevic (9) had an average game, as did the other debutant Simon Meredith (21). I was always worried about appointing two debutante to the Grand Final but I think that Stevic and Meredith pretty much proved me wrong.

Umpires were good I thought. Only real issues I had were a few holding the ball decisions and that's a problem with the rules rather than the umpiring imo.Ted Richards deliberate was the only real howler although I did think the 50 metre penalty against Mike Pike was harsh given a) he might not have heard the whistle or b) that he thought it was a Sydney free kick and was taking the advantage.LRT holding the ball was a bit dodgy but I think that has something to do with the rubbish rule they have at them moment where it's not holding the ball if it gets knocked out of their hand - kind of consistent with a non decision made when Roughead was tackled a few weeks ago anyway

Matt Stevic (9) had an average game, as did the other debutant Simon Meredith (21). I was always worried about appointing two debutante to the Grand Final but I think that Stevic and Meredith pretty much proved me wrong.
Honestly I dont care who they appointed just as long as it wasn't the bald bloke who appeared out of control in the Hawthorn v Adelaide final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back