Strategy Welcome James Frawley to the HFC

Remove this Banner Ad

I think some people are forgetting what a good defender this guys has been particularly in 2010 & 2011 and I'm confident that he can re-capture this form at a quality team like Hawthorn.

I rule this year completely out of the equation as he has been played out of position in the worst attacking team in the comp.

Over the years, playing in defence he has always done really well on guys like Franklin, Reiwolt, Hawkins etc and can also play on small, mid sized forwards too.
He's durable, only one hamstring that I can remember, back in 2013 and is still only 25. Also averaged close to 19 possessions a game back in 2010 & 2011, so can also get his hands on the ball too.

I think he has just gone stale at Melbourne the last few years, which isn't a big surprise with all the drama's on and off the field.

Be more than happy for the Hawks to offer him around $2mil - $2.4mil over 4yrs and then it's up to him.

Hopefully staying in Melbourne not having to move down to Geelong will be an advantage to us as well.
North Ballarat boy

Chris Scott was asked on the couch if they think they got him......he had look on his face which suggested they had him, he topped it of with a dirty sfellowing smile.

Can we please start a new thread on Dylan Shiel to Hawthorn. Big Moose, I miss you!

Chris Scott was asked on the couch if they think they got him......he had look on his face which suggested they had him, he topped it of with a dirty sfellowing smile.

Can we please start a new thread on Dylan Shiel to Hawthorn. Big Moose, I miss you!

Heard BM became Unsociable!?! Any truth to this?

Hate Chris Scott!!! So expecting the Frawley to tell Dees this week if he is gone

Just remember this time last year everyone thought Buddy would be wearing Orange and Charcoal. Whilst I doubt Frawley is coming to us I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Collingwood based on what Buckley said on 360 a month or two back (or the way he responded when he was caught out by Robbo).

He posted right above you...

And then quoted you.

Often the team talked up to have their man do not end up getting them. I hope we drive up the price and have him land at the cattery

Damien Ferett used Hawthorn as the smokescreen to divert attention away from HIs Cats by his boss Fat Tony who also is a Cat supporter!!!!! Make the connections yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was listening to the justification through Jon Ralph
O'keefe - retired
LRT - retired
Malceski - leaving
Money in the bank apparently
Money for 2 years. By then goodes will have retired and maybe Tippett gone (injury/concussion). Money for dangerfield.

I was listening to the justification through Jon Ralph
O'keefe - retired
LRT - retired
Malceski - leaving
Money in the bank apparently

Media are morons. Did they mention the following;

Parker will want to triple his salary - big offers will come for him
Hannebury will be looking for his big contract - massive offers will come for him and he will become a free agent in a year or two
Kennedy will put his hand out - massive offers will come
Cunnington and Lloyd will not be on rookie wages forever
Buddy's salary doubles either next year or the year after - and then stays there for about 5 years :eek:
They will need to resign Tippett
They still do not have a replacement for Pyke
They still do not have a crumbing forward worth their salt on the entire list.

Media are morons. Did they mention the following;

Parker will want to triple his salary - big offers will come for him
Hannebury will be looking for his big contract - massive offers will come for him and he will become a free agent in a year or two
Kennedy will put his hand out - massive offers will come
Cunnington and Lloyd will not be on rookie wages forever
Buddy's salary doubles either next year or the year after - and then stays there for about 5 years :eek:
They will need to resign Tippett
They still do not have a replacement for Pyke
They still do not have a crumbing forward worth their salt on the entire list.
Hope we make an offer to Parker.
By my estimates Buddy's yearly salary will need to more than triple as of 2016 for the remaining 7 years.
Doubt they'll re-sign Tippett unless he picks up. Been s**t.

Hope we make an offer to Parker.
By my estimates Buddy's yearly salary will need to more than triple as of 2016 for the remaining 7 years.
Doubt they'll re-sign Tippett unless he picks up. Been s**t.

Agree with Tippett. He is a very one dimensional footballer and he is never out there.

Everyone will be chasing Sydney's stars. Not only do Sydney have to fit them in, they also have to do it with a reducing salary cap as CoLA is phased out.

Agree with Tippett. He is a very one dimensional footballer and he is never out there.

Everyone will be chasing Sydney's stars. Not only do Sydney have to fit them in, they also have to do it with a reducing salary cap as CoLA is phased out.

The increase in the base salary cap is likely to offset the phasing out of the COLA, at least in absolute $ terms. Hence why Buddy's salary increases after a few years - there will be more room to accommodate it.

Do they lower 'the cone of silence," dip?

That and the shoe phone.... realistically Frawley would have known a long time out (last year), that he was leaving the Melbourne football club, an agreement would have already been met between Frawley and the club of his choice a long time out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back