Injury HFC Injury watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Forgive my intrusion but I was wondering if Chad had spoken about how his Achilles feels now re strength, explosiveness etc.

I’m trying to read up on athletes and what they have to say re Achilles ruptures and returning to play and how it may relate to Josh Goater.
They have taught him how to run again (properly). He seems to have regained his lateral movement and kicking but i am not sure he has really tried to extend himself in any sprints as yet. It's a slow process. You might have setbacks where you are sore. It all depends on your preparation and how old you are.

They have taught him how to run again (properly). He seems to have regained his lateral movement and kicking but i am not sure he has really tried to extend himself in any sprints as yet. It's a slow process. You might have setbacks where you are sore. It all depends on your preparation and how old you are.

Yeah it also seems that it’s different for all athletes, but age is a factor.

I red that after the surgery you have a period where you need to keep as still and immobile as possible, but after that there is a window where you have to push the tendon hard but in a controlled manner so that it stretches. And it’s the success during that period which determines how you come back athletically.

Did CJ rip the hammy off the bone?

Because by the time he gets back it’s going to be 3/4 months.
15th of February. One month, thirteen days, and counting...

...okay done. By my count, it would be less than two and a half months. Which is a bit longer than the 'standard' twenty one days, true, but also not four months.

Yeah it also seems that it’s different for all athletes, but age is a factor.

I red that after the surgery you have a period where you need to keep as still and immobile as possible, but after that there is a window where you have to push the tendon hard but in a controlled manner so that it stretches. And it’s the success during that period which determines how you come back athletically.
Yep Chad has been nothing but professional in his rehab. He didn't go away on holidays apart from a small period for christmas. He worked really hard with the fitness team after the season to get some strength back in his leg and tendon. He has been diligent in doing all the right things and therefore way ahead of schedule in his comeback to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep Chad has been nothing but professional in his rehab. He didn't go away on holidays apart from a small period for christmas. He worked really hard with the fitness team after the season to get some strength back in his leg and tendon. He has been diligent in doing all the right things and therefore way ahead of schedule in his comeback to play.
* I love Chad. I wish we could get him a flag one day but I doubt we can. You never know

* I love Chad. I wish we could get him a flag one day but I doubt we can. You never know
Fun with flags...

200.gif

At Hawthorn, you just need to see out the decade, don't you?

Yep, it really sucks that Watson’s out for a few weeks along with our other injuries.

But the positive aspect is that we’re now forced to give the likes of Butler, Ramsden, Mitchell and others a block of games. I’d love to see Jack O’Sullivan get a few games also.

After all, it’s not as if we’ve been vying for finals footy this year.

At least Lewis' injury isn't a full hamstring by the sounds. Maybe a corkie? Haven't seen it reported what his injury actually is but if he's only missing gather round can't be too serious. Might not be a bad thing to have a mini-break to try and start his season over.

Geez we are getting rolled by injuries at the minute - so frustrating.

Lost so many before the season started, and so frustrating Watto's happened in the final seconds of the game.

At least we have some replacements ready, who've been knocking the door down.

Attachments

• IMG_4608.jpeg
    IMG_4608.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 51

Remove this Banner Ad

Back