Strategy Welcome James Frawley to the HFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be a good player for you as he will be in a decent defensive system. Stephen Silvagni would have struggled for us in the past 3 years. He is very good one on one and has a good record against the best key forwards in the comp. Can butcher the football but will not have to kick it much with you guys. No coincidence his best footy was when we finished higher on the ladder.

Absolutely roots us but that is not your problem

Imagine with the cap space we have free, if we managed to get Dangerfield in next year as a FA?

the main board would probably burn down

Danger is harder next year as the Crows can match (unrestricted FA)

Be easier to get Danger now in a trade

I would like to now use Shoenmakers, Lowden and Grimley as trade bait to turn our pick 19/20 into a top 10 draft pick (or get another late first rounder) and get the best young mid we can with it.

Lake and Frawley are both old fashioned full backs (very good ones at that) but both are not at there best when played up the ground. Lonergan is a very good one on one defender where as Taylor struggles defensively but excels in intercept marking and being 3rd man up. Taylor would get destroyed if he played as an out and out full back.

I think that Frawley can also play CHB. He will push up the ground more, whilst Lake stays close to goal. Frawley will play the negating role that Gibson played, releasing Gibson to play 3rd man up and set up our counter attack.

Will be a good player for you as he will be in a decent defensive system. Stephen Silvagni would have struggled for us in the past 3 years. He is very good one on one and has a good record against the best key forwards in the comp. Can butcher the football but will not have to kick it much with you guys. No coincidence his best footy was when we finished higher on the ladder.

Absolutely roots us but that is not your problem

Pick 3 is kind of handy though. I know he's not worth it but I think the afl will let that through as a a bit of clemency for denying you a priority pick. Regarding Frawley's disposal I think youll find his instructions will be to handball laterally to Suckling/Birchall/Burgoyne at EVERY opportunity.

No need to be facetious. Who knows what we could have taken with the Garlett pick? Impact of that decision is probably a few years away.

Time will tell with Frawley. We know he has potential, but he's been poor for a long time.
The other guy was right, you really are a 'glass-empty' kind of guy.

Stop and smell the roses a while. If your first thought is "How could this go wrong?", you're going to spend a lot more time worrying about things than you really need to.

Sorry for the unnecessary life advice, but worrying about years into the future is a pointless task, particularly when the people we have at the club have shown that they deserve our trust.

I would like to now use Shoenmakers, Lowden and Grimley as trade bait to turn our pick 19/20 into a top 10 draft pick (or get another late first rounder) and get the best young mid we can with it.

If you believe the rumours, then apparently our first round pick has been earmarked for Jono O'Rourke!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 3 is kind of handy though. I know he's not worth it but I think the afl will let that through as a a bit of clemency for denying you a priority pick. Regarding Frawley's disposal I think youll find his instructions will be to handball laterally to Suckling/Birchall/Burgoyne at EVERY opportunity.

I think every Melbourne Supporter grabbed a scotch when we heard he went to the Hawks as it may mean we get band 2. Spot on regarding disposal

This is a great get by the Hawks. Unlike the Swans deal to get Buddy this one has no secrecy and he has come out to say he wants to play for us which makes it more pleasant!
Wonder if we will be out right flag favorites next year after this deal goes through

Because you're naturally a glass half empty kinda guy, who knows? Who cares? This is a good pick up for the club. $$$? Pfffft. First world problems.

It's called a salary cap chief, and you'll find it's a problem that afflicts around 18 AFL clubs. For the record, I'm happy enough with 450k. Anything more and I think it's a bit risky.

Hopefully he'll thrive at Hawthorn and it's another feather in our recruiters' caps. But let's not fool ourselves. The bloke hasn't exactly set the world on fire since he made All Australian.

It's called a salary cap chief, and you'll find it's a problem that afflicts around 18 AFL clubs. For the record, I'm happy enough with 450k. Anything more and I think it's a bit risky.

Hopefully he'll thrive at Hawthorn and it's another feather in our recruiters' caps. But let's not fool ourselves. The bloke hasn't exactly set the world on fire since he made All Australian.
Calm down champ

This is a great get by the Hawks. Unlike the Swans deal to get Buddy this one has no secrecy and he has come out to say he wants to play for us which makes it more pleasant!
Wonder if we will be out right flag favorites next year after this deal goes through
Great for us and agree that there wasn't the deception of the Buddy defection, however my husband and kids are Melbourne supporters and are pretty peeved that they're losing Frawley and Clark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back