Strategy Welcome James Frawley to the HFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like Schoenmakers isnt on the table. Im not sure this is the best idea cos next season he will be out of contract and could have spent a full season at Box Hill. You would imagine his trade value would be a lot higher now. I would use him to try to secure a higher 1st round pick. But then again what would I know?

Good

Yes, that's what I was wondering. As well as the football side of things, is he a Hawthorn type person? (Then again I wondered that about Lake too and he turned out OK).

One of the numerous articles I read about him said he was a down to earth guy.

At least this time he didn't accuse us of 'pinching' him from them!;)....Even if we did.:p....

Doesn't get much better than this: B2B & the Cats & Swans Boards all in free-fall at the one time because of us.....Happy Days!:D

You forgot the bombers

Looks like Schoenmakers isnt on the table. Im not sure this is the best idea cos next season he will be out of contract and could have spent a full season at Box Hill. You would imagine his trade value would be a lot higher now. I would use him to try to secure a higher 1st round pick. But then again what would I know?

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ry...of-james-frawley/story-fndv8os9-1227078200735

Thank goodness. Didn't think he would want to leave and was very much hoping Hawthorn would not want to trade him.

F8ck that......I don't want to see him anywhere near our forward line...he's a KP defender nothing more.

Lake plays on the stay at home. Frawley plays on the 2nd forward or the lead up forwards such as Riewoldt Shultz etc.
Both Lake and Frawley can play in the same backine . Frawley is a great get because he is vesatile enough to play on any type of forward. Hes quick strong agile and has a tank. Perfect.

And Melbourne have completely trashed his reputation this year. They probably had to so they could prepare for life without him. He is a good player, I'm happy. These guys don't grow on trees.

FRAWLEY is a SPUD!

the worst club in the afl in the last three years and the 'prize recruit' can't even get into the top 6!
please, waste your money

2012 - 9th
2013 - 7th
2014 - 8th

Good call prize recruit and B&F's ..
guess your over the moon and extremely happy with Daisy's 10th in the Nicholls Medal. mind you Everitt being 7th more than evens the value for money there !!! thanks for the financial advice flog

I was thinking about the Frawley decision today and Clarkos comments from OTC on Monday, he said the Hawks would consider Frawley. FFS, what do these people take us for.

No one from the HFC has been sober for long enough let alone actually at work since Saturday to decide or organise anything like this.

This was done months ago. Why the charades?

Glad to see Schoey stay just for the mere fact that he knows where he stands with the arrival of Frawley and despite that still wants to stay and fight for his spot. That's guts. I hope he has a ripper pre season and finds a spot in the 22 on his own merit rather than an unfortunate run with injuries. Always been a believer that he could be a really good player for us while acknowledging that he doesn't always perform as well as he should. For me this kind of attitude boosts that confidence that he will make it with us. He certainly won't leave wondering.

Schoey would make an excellent half forward flanker if he dropped some weight and got some more confidence in his knees...

FRAWLEY is a SPUD!

the worst club in the afl in the last three years and the 'prize recruit' can't even get into the top 6!
please, waste your money

2012 - 9th
2013 - 7th
2014 - 8th

Lake didn't finish in the top 6 in the Charlie Sutton Medal count in 2010, 2011, 2012. Good thing recruiters look a little deeper than the bastion of quantitative analysis that is a club B&F count.

I take it by your estimation that Matt Pridis should be the highest paid player in the game now?

I was thinking about the Frawley decision today and Clarkos comments from OTC on Monday, he said the Hawks would consider Frawley. FFS, what do these people take us for.

No one from the HFC has been sober for long enough let alone actually at work since Saturday to decide or organise anything like this.

*I'm quoting you but this isn't directed at you*
What do people think our list management and recruiting staff are doing during the year? They're not giving players massages or editing videos for the website. They're off having the conversations and meetings that lead to these deals while the coaches and players are off training and winning games. Yes Clarko is going to have a hand in the process but it would be such a small amount of time out of his schedule. These things didn't get put on ice just because we were playing finals. When Clarko says stuff like "we've got a finals campaign to focus on" he is just deflecting. Read between the lines,

It was and it wasn't. Re-engaged about 3 weeks ago by all accounts.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ry...of-james-frawley/story-fndv8os9-1227078200735

Thats great news. Shows a lot of character from Shoenmakers to say he wants to fight for a spot. I am in the Shoey camp, and think he can be a player.

He also won't spend a full season at Box Hill. People need to remember that we rarely have our best 22 available. Even if he is not in our best 22, he is important depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FRAWLEY is a SPUD!

please, waste your money

2012 - 9th
2013 - 7th
2014 - 8th

Dumbarse.......he's a better defender than anyone you have at your football club
In fact does your club even have an AA defender ?

Please don't question our recruitment of players...... you're talking to the premiers here, Back2back Premiers .

Because I don't think you are allowed to actually do deals until the trade period are you? Besides, they would have certain players on their radar but there could have been a myriad of things happen towards the end of the season (both with the player and at Hawthorn) that could change things so final decisions wouldn't be made until close to when the deal is actually done. Anyway, I like that Hawthorn keep schtum about so many things, shows we are a strong confident club that doesn't need to blow its own trumpet to get attention like so many other clubs that struggle for relevance.

Thats great news. Shows a lot of character from Shoenmakers to say he wants to fight for a spot. I am in the Shoey camp, and think he can be a player.

He also won't spend a full season at Box Hill. People need to remember that we rarely have our best 22 available. Even if he is not in our best 22, he is important depth.

Big respect for Shoey there. Would of been so easy for him to throw the towel in at Hawks but that is great fight from the big guy.
He had a positive end of season review apparently so that should boost his confidence no end.

Big respect for Shoey there. Would of been so easy for him to throw the towel in at Hawks but that is great fight from the big guy.
He had a positive end of season review apparently so that should boost his confidence no end.

Concur. And it's smart move for him because he's knows if he can get back to his best he's a chance to be in our best 22 and play deep into September - whereas Adelaide or similar...

One thing I'm fairly certain of is this time tomorrow there will be one less question mark on this thread's title. :D
I'll do it now.

One of our boys just told me its a done deal.

Welcome Chips.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back