Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Jack Ginnivan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Ginni is one of the worst for it, no need to pretend it isn’t the case just because he is a Hawk. I love him, he does a lot of good but if they aren’t getting paid stop ducking and change your game.
Have you watched Breust and Moore launch themselves horizontally into another players arms? I mean, a Geelong player head butted a stationary Hawks players knee a couple of weeks back and got a free. I was on this bandwagon when he played for Collingwood. We’ve seen players launch themselves through the ozone layer to get push in the back paid. The club needs to go into bat for Ginni because whether he tries to exaggerate or not everyone does it, but everyone else gets it paid.

Have you watched Breust and Moore launch themselves horizontally into another players arms? I mean, a Geelong player head butted a stationary Hawks players knee a couple of weeks back and got a free. I was on this bandwagon when he played for Collingwood. We’ve seen players launch themselves through the ozone layer to get push in the back paid. The club needs to go into bat for Ginni because whether he tries to exaggerate or not everyone does it, but everyone else gets it paid.
You miss the part where I said the club should do that?

However going hunting for them when they aren’t going to get paid and just crying about it is silly. Control what you can control. Cut out the ducking and keep going to the AFL with all the BS ones that aren’t paid until something is done about it

However going hunting for them when they aren’t going to get paid and just crying about it is silly. Control what you can control. Cut out the ducking and keep going to the AFL with all the BS ones that aren’t paid until something is done about it
The thing is he doesn’t cry about it, he gets on with it which I love about him. I’m crying about it and so are a lot of other people now. The point is, again, everyone does it but everyone else gets the free kick paid, it is an unfair adjudication and unfair that one player is umpired differently. Either stop paying it to everyone or start paying them to Ginni (even just the free kicks he deserves), it doesn’t have to be on Ginni to change (maybe partly) but should be on the AFL to make sure he isn’t discriminated against (which there is no doubt he is and has been for a while). Andrew being able to hit an unaware player off the ball square in the back with enough force to propel them forward onto the ground is not only unsafe but just absolutely ridiculous. You can play the ‘he needs to get on with it’ card all you want but the bottom line is the umpires need to be professional instead of engaging in blatant bias.

The thing is he doesn’t cry about it, he gets on with it which I love about him. I’m crying about it and so are a lot of other people now. The point is, again, everyone does it but everyone else gets the free kick paid, it is an unfair adjudication and unfair that one player is umpired differently. Either stop paying it to everyone or start paying them to Ginni (even just the free kicks he deserves), it doesn’t have to be on Ginni to change (maybe partly) but should be on the AFL to make sure he isn’t discriminated against (which there is no doubt he is and has been for a while). Andrew being able to hit an unaware player off the ball square in the back with enough force to propel them forward onto the ground is not only unsafe but just absolutely ridiculous. You can play the ‘he needs to get on with it’ card all you want but the bottom line is the umpires need to be professional instead of engaging in blatant bias.
That's a great attitude to have.
Dane Swan style

I certaintly hope the club is doing everything behind the scenes to find out what the F*** is going on with the umpiring department.

I agree that he does draw attention to himself and some of the head high tackes are hard to adjudicate, but that doesn't seem to matter for other players.

The non-head high tackles are the ones that have really piss me off. The non holding the balls v Geelong, the weak as piss 50m penaalty last week and now the blatant bump in the back in a dead ball situated is just a disgrace and it needs to be bought to attention by the club. That's 100% a free kick every day of the week!

I certaintly hope the club is doing everything behind the scenes to find out what the F*** is going on with the umpiring department.

I agree that he does draw attention to himself and some of the head high tackes are hard to adjudicate, but that doesn't seem to matter for other players.

The non-head high tackles are the ones that have really piss me off. The non holding the balls v Geelong, the weak as piss 50m penaalty last week and now the blatant bump in the back in a dead ball situated is just a disgrace and it needs to be bought to attention by the club. That's 100% a free kick every day of the week!
Do you think complaining to the AFL will do any good, I don't. Matter of fact they will heap more pain. ie more complain more pain.

Jack is his own worst enemy. He needs to stop flopping and he will get the warranted free kicks he deserves.

I’m not talking about the high tackles. He likes to niggle the opposition and then flop to get a free kick.

The umpires don’t want to be made out to be fools by giving a free that’s not warranted.

He is starting to frustrate me. I love what he brings in terms of the finishing skills but he provides no tackle pressure and the antics around stirring opponents is a waste of energy.

Do you think complaining to the AFL will do any good, I don't. Matter of fact they will heap more pain. ie more complain more pain.

How could it get any worse? He isn't getting any frees at the moment and they are paying everything possible against him.

It also shows that we are supporting our player and lets him know we are 100% behind him.

Just remember that the umpires paid a free kick against us cause a Suns player did his hammy......

* the umpires and their agendas. Should take all the frustration with the umpires out on the ball and tackling the opposition players. Dig the shoulder hard into their ribs and make em take an extra second or 2 to get up. Channel it into a hard edge. If we need to rely on the umps to win games then we arent good enough. We will need to win games despite the umpires.

2019 - 2023 hawks have least frees for by about 100 and are 2nd last on the differential ladder. Has been like this most years with a few exceptions around the 3 peat years. The hawks are the wrong club to expect free kicks. Remember that game agaisnt the dogs a while back with over 100 tackles laid and only 4 htb? * the umpires, they are biased cheats and we need to learn to win despite them.

/rant.

Jack goes Karate Kid for 'mouth guard day'

View attachment 1962080

Miyagi: Your friends, all karate student, eh?

Ginni: Friend? Oh, yeah, those guys.

Miyagi: Problem, attitude.

Ginni: No the problem is, I'm getting my ass kicked every other day, that's the problem.

Miyagi: Hai, because boys have bad attitude. Karate for defense only.

Ginni: That's not what these guys are taught.

Miyagi: Hai - can see. No such thing as bad student, only bad teacher. Teacher say, student do.

Ginni: Oh, great, that solves everything for me. I'll just go down to the AFL house and straighten it out with Laura, no problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Miyagi: Your friends, all karate student, eh?

Ginni: Friend? Oh, yeah, those guys.

Miyagi: Problem, attitude.

Ginni: No the problem is, I'm getting my ass kicked every other day, that's the problem.

Miyagi: Hai, because boys have bad attitude. Karate for defense only.

Ginni: That's not what these guys are taught.

Miyagi: Hai - can see. No such thing as bad student, only bad teacher. Teacher say, student do.

Ginni: Oh, great, that solves everything for me. I'll just go down to the AFL house and straighten it out with Laura, no problem.
Are the umpires the gang that keeps attacking Ginnyson?

You have to laugh.
The people who whinge about Jack not getting frees would have also complained about Selwood getting all those frees.

You have to laugh.
The people who whinge about Jack not getting frees would have also complained about Selwood getting all those frees.
I'll shrug my shoulders and raise my arm to say I complained about Selwood. Key difference is that he oiled his arms up so that a legal tackle would easily slide up over the shoulder when he did the action and would get paid the free every time.

I won't say Ginnivan hasn't played for free kicks before in his career, I'm pretty sure he's admitted as much, but I will say in his time at Hawthorn there have been a ridiculous amount of tackles on him that start and finish above the shoulder that haven't been paid. He is allowed to try and slip a tackle. Many players do and get paid the free if it ends up making high contact. Moore and Breust get them. Ginnivan and Wingard typically don't. Jury's out on Watson.

I don’t understand how a shrug or a lowering the knees is considered anything different than any other evasive manoeuvre.

For example, if im running down the wing and some comes to tackle me, i do a side step, and they don’t stick the tackle and trip me, its a free kick. I see the shrugging/ducking in the same light.

The responsibility should sit solely with the tacklers to execute a lot quality tackle regardless of the evasive manoeuvres the person playing the ball takes. It would get rid of all this other discussion about ducking and faking.

You have to laugh.
The issue isn’t Selwood getting free kicks, the issue is that everyone else gets paid free kicks for the same thing that Jack does and the situations he gets into. He is not umpired the same as others, this is the issue.

You have to laugh at people speaking in definites about other people they don’t know.

Ginni is one of the worst for it, no need to pretend it isn’t the case just because he is a Hawk. I love him, he does a lot of good but if they aren’t getting paid stop ducking and change your game.
Sorry mate - can't agree here.

The actual worst for it received more free kicks than any player in history.

The 'he plays for free kicks therefore doesn't deserve/get them' theory was debunked by Duckwood & should never be spoken unless you're pointing out the favouritism Duckwood/Geelong received or that Ginni is being umpired to a different standard.

You have to laugh.
Hope can you see Duckwood get them & Ginni not, then laugh?

Turned the corner with his pressure, while at Collingwood we all knew he could be attacking but his weakness was his defensive side. Day light robbery getting him for a second round pick downgrade.

Averaging 20 pressure acts and 4.5 tackles a game over he last month.
Could still be an upgrade. Jus' sayin'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back