Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Pick 18, Josh Weddle

Remove this Banner Ad

That doesn't make any sense.

tenor.gif

The arbitrary ranking you've given it and declared "in reality".
So it does make sense.
You just disagree with my assertion.

The concept of grouping together a bunch of shit picks and swapping them for something decent gets a run on every board, as does the potential for packaging up three or four spuds at risk of being delisted and trading them for a superstar.

Points value means almost nothing or Pick One would be gettable for picks 30-35

So it does make sense.
You just disagree with my assertion.

The concept of grouping together a bunch of s**t picks and swapping them for something decent gets a run on every board, as does the potential for packaging up three or four spuds at risk of being delisted and trading them for a superstar.

Points value means almost nothing or Pick One would be gettable for picks 30-35

Good enough for the Northern Academy clubs to group together a bunch of picks in the 40's to get multiple top 10 picks, why cant anyone else.....oh, that's right

For those of you out there that have been to a few of the open training sessions, has Weddle been training as a defender? I would like to see him play as an inside midfielder at some point. I think he could also be an effective half forward with his size and athleticism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really looking forward to seeing how Weddle goes in his second year.

I think his performances this year went under the radar in the wider AFL community given how off Broadway the Hawks were.

I'd like to see them throw him in the middle now and again, he's big enough already to mix it with the big boys.

Only thing I thought he struggled with at times in 2023 was his game sense but given he's only 18 that is nit picking on my behalf.

How will Weddle fit into the midfield rotation with Newcombe (187cm), Worpel (186cm), Nash (197cm) & Day (191cm) all there? It’s already a tall group of inside midfielders. At some point he will almost certainly be tried as an inside midfielder. I would however prefer to see him continue playing as that ‘utility’ type player that can play all over the ground as it suits his running game perfectly.

How will Weddle fit into the midfield rotation with Newcombe (187cm), Worpel (186cm), Nash (197cm) & Day (191cm) all there? It’s already a tall group of inside midfielders. At some point he will almost certainly be tried as an inside midfielder. I would however prefer to see him continue playing as that ‘utility’ type player that can play all over the ground as it suits his running game perfectly.
186/187cm is not tall for a midfielder in 2023/24.

In fact it’s probably bang on average.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back