Welcome Welcome to Richmond Mykelti Lefau

Remove this Banner Ad

FFS - does he look like Lynch? Or Jack?

He is 25. Does he ever look like he could kick 40 goals in a season? or even 30?

Need to grow up mate, you don't need to reply to every comment that doesn't hit your level of obsession with just a one word childish remark. You can just choose to not reply
averaging 1.5 goals a game 23 games so 30+ is in him.

Sure. but whats his ceiling?

Get every key forward at his size, look at what they were doing at 24-26 & then let me know where Lefau sits on that list

He is the same size as Jack & 26. By the time Jack was his age he had already kicked 400 goals at AFL Level & won 2 Colemans. Cameron had kicked about the same. Larkey had kicked around 210. Hogan etc etc etc

You will find his name in the bottom 30%. That's where he is at 26 which is not far of his peak age. I like him, he has a go - but he is not the quality of player we need. He is filling a role as a mature recruit as we chose not to target anyone his size or role for 6 years. As long as he is a walk-in start for the club, we are going to be well down the ladder.

People need to be realistic, he is going to have a career like Stuart Edwards, but he is going to have it from 26-28, not 19-23.

For those were not old enough to remember Edwards
View attachment 1982481

I think he deserves his spot and is playing well, but ultimately we need to be looking to replace him to be going up the ladder
The Stuart Edwards comparison is really irrelevant as well as the comparisons to those superstars as he was a mature age rookie and picked up the game late. If you can go back to last year an elderly Jack struggled in our FL with pretty well the same conditions. LeFau I was hesitant about early on, but I really think he can go up an another notch if Balta plays alongside him. I don’t think he’s reached anywhere near his ceiling bc he’s still developing and you can already see the improvement in him from his first game. People are saying he will be the third forward, but I honestly believe he can be the second target option bc he’s switched on, fast, powerful, has strong hands and a beautiful kick.
I think you can lighten up on this guy bc he’s a fighter and strives at trying to be the best in what he does and that’s different to a battler like Stuart Edwards as battlers strive to do their best in what they do. . It’s a massive difference.
To me he looks a natural and even if he has a shortened career and you’re right I think it’s an amazing achievement.
The entertainment value he’s providing has been the beacon of our season and I hope he gets to 100 games as his offspring could be anything. 😇

Honestly see nothing special about him. Almost 26, only getting games as we are so bad & only looking good for the same reason. Harsh, sure, but realistic, definitely. Wont be on the list in 3 years. If he is, then we will still be a bottom 3 team.

Just a good, ordinary player in a team of below ordinary players.

Him being the best "new blood" player for the team is legit a worst case scenario for this team

2023 was Josh Treacy’s 3rd season of footy. He played 17 games (he had 19 games under his belt leading into 2023). Here are his 2023 averages v Lefau’s in his first 6 games of footy:

Disposals: 9.1 v 7.3
Marks: 3.4 v 3.5
Goals: 0.9 v 1.5
GA: 0.2 v 0.8
I50’s: 2.2 v 1.7
Tackles; 2.6 v 2.5

As he learns the nuances of forward play and develops his game I’ve got no doubt he has a long career ahead of him, as not sure what his weakness is, other than being 26yo and not 19yo?

Great leap. Quick. Good hands. Straight kick.

Hmmm … seems like a pretty solid set of assets to be a good player, particularly once supply picks up and we actually win a few games. I’d be more concerned if he’d done it as part of a dominant team in 10-goal wins.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS - does he look like Lynch? Or Jack?

He is 25. Does he ever look like he could kick 40 goals in a season? or even 30?

Need to grow up mate, you don't need to reply to every comment that doesn't hit your level of obsession with just a one word childish remark. You can just choose to not reply

He has 9 goals in 6 games. Unless he gets injured, with 15 games to go he will kick somewhere between 25 and 35 goals in his debut season having missed 2 games. A great start to a KPF’s career.

FWIW Jack kicked 25 goals in his first 26 games of footy. Lynch kicked 35 goals in his first 38 games of footy. Curnow was 25 goals in his first 27 games. Larkey 40 goals in his first 29 games.

I know he’s older, but he has been very good in his first 6 career games.

It’s exciting because over the summer we had a forward line of Lynch, Kosi and then ……

Now the future post Lynch has Balta and Lefau which is much better then it looked 6-months ago … it’s not perfect, but Pies and Demons have recently won flags with worse key position forward combo’s.

The Stuart Edwards comparison is really irrelevant as well as the comparisons to those superstars as he was a mature age rookie and picked up the game late. If you can go back to last year an elderly Jack struggled in our FL with pretty well the same conditions. LeFau I was hesitant about early on, but I really think he can go up an another notch if Balta plays alongside him. I don’t think he’s reached anywhere near his ceiling bc he’s still developing and you can already see the improvement in him from his first game. People are saying he will be the third forward, but I honestly believe he can be the second target option bc he’s switched on, fast, powerful, has strong hands and a beautiful kick.
I think you can lighten up on this guy bc he’s a fighter and strives at trying to be the best in what he does and that’s different to a battler like Stuart Edwards as battlers strive to do their best in what they do. . It’s a massive difference.
To me he looks a natural and even if he has a shortened career and you’re right I think it’s an amazing achievement.
The entertainment value he’s providing has been the beacon of our season and I hope he gets to 100 games as his offspring could be anything. 😇

Yes, perhaps with Balta, but i am not someone who likes Balta forward - more often than not the ball is going to live in the opponents half, we need Balta where the balls is heading. I really think playing Balta forward with Gibcus injured, Grimes in pre-retirement form + Young often outworked, the backline needs all the help it can get.

With Lefau, I'm happier with him in the side than not & worth of his spot for several years and be impactful, but to me he looks a bit limited. The Edwards comparison i did entirely for statistical purposes, ie i think he will play around 50 games and go about 1.3per game etc. I imagine his career stats will likely look similar. although i might be a bit hard there. If the club got JUH & Lynch was able to right his body, Lefau could give you 100 games at a higher goal rate.

Im a decent advocate for Cumberland. He has a x-factory and uncanny ability to "get involved" often in ways that could be a sequel to "The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly", but impacting is impacting. If the final forward spot was between Lefau & Cumberland, I would chose Lefau without a second thought, so i rate him, but personally don't see a massive upside there or "kick a bag" potential.

He has 9 goals in 6 games. Unless he gets injured, with 15 games to go he will kick somewhere between 25 and 35 goals in his debut season having missed 2 games. A great start to a KPF’s career.

FWIW Jack kicked 25 goals in his first 26 games of footy. Lynch kicked 35 goals in his first 38 games of footy. Curnow was 25 goals in his first 27 games. Larkey 40 goals in his first 29 games.

After 6 games you can't use any average to work out future results, way too small of sample. Eye test is he goes ok. His range is 18-35 more likely. I see "the ceiling" the same, just not sold on his floor.

He kicked 9 in 6 & I think he is just as capable of going 6 in 9 too at this point. Way too early to be calling him a 100 game player. And he is clearly not Curnow potential. And 40 goals in 29 is more impressive when you are 22 than 28, which Lefau would likely be once he hit those numbers.

He is pretty raw, isn't elite in any one area and 26 already. Whatever ceiling he ends up hitting, its not going to be for a super long time more than likely

Yes, perhaps with Balta, but i am not someone who likes Balta forward - more often than not the ball is going to live in the opponents half, we need Balta where the balls is heading. I really think playing Balta forward with Gibcus injured, Grimes in pre-retirement form + Young often outworked, the backline needs all the help it can get.

With Lefau, I'm happier with him in the side than not & worth of his spot for several years and be impactful, but to me he looks a bit limited. The Edwards comparison i did entirely for statistical purposes, ie i think he will play around 50 games and go about 1.3per game etc. I imagine his career stats will likely look similar. although i might be a bit hard there. If the club got JUH & Lynch was able to right his body, Lefau could give you 100 games at a higher goal rate.

Im a decent advocate for Cumberland. He has a x-factory and uncanny ability to "get involved" often in ways that could be a sequel to "The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly", but impacting is impacting. If the final forward spot was between Lefau & Cumberland, I would chose Lefau without a second thought, so i rate him, but personally don't see a massive upside there or "kick a bag" potential.
Way too early for statistical comparisons.

That is in the team who are by a big margin the lowest scoring team in the AFL, and almost certainly with the weakest midfield. So his performance is looking genuinely encouraging to this point.

It’s exciting because over the summer we had a forward line of Lynch, Kosi and then ……

Now the future post Lynch has Balta and Lefau which is much better then it looked 6-months ago … it’s not perfect, but Pies and Demons have recently won flags with worse key position forward combo’s.

If that trio gels together well over a run of games with Balta as second ruck, it is a much better than average trio of key forwards.

After 6 games you can't use any average to work out future results, way too small of sample. Eye test is he goes ok. His range is 18-35 more likely. I see "the ceiling" the same, just not sold on his floor.

He kicked 9 in 6 & I think he is just as capable of going 6 in 9 too at this point. Way too early to be calling him a 100 game player. And he is clearly not Curnow potential. And 40 goals in 29 is more impressive when you are 22 than 28, which Lefau would likely be once he hit those numbers.

He is pretty raw, isn't elite in any one area and 26 already. Whatever ceiling he ends up hitting, its not going to be for a super long time more than likely
That’s why you shouldn’t be comparing him to anyone just yet as it’s a small sample pool of data RJK. Your being contradictory mate.

A reminder to all about the wonderful "ignore" function :rainbow:

Yep its got a flogging lately, with the usual whiny sooks doing what they were born to do. Its beyond tiresome.

But why the heck do I still have to see their names at all Mods. Ignore should ignore every aspect of them. Defeats its purpose by showing any replies to them or seeing their stupid laugh emojis when constantly disagreeing.

This board rapidly becoming the 2016 cesspit that it was.

Yep its got a flogging lately, with the usual whiny sooks doing what they were born to do. Its beyond tiresome.

But why the * do I still have to see their names at all Mods. Ignore should ignore every aspect of them. Defeats its purpose by showing any replies to them or seeing their stupid laugh emojis when constantly disagreeing.

This board rapidly becoming the 2016 cesspit that it was.
Yes we want OBLIVION when the ignore button is pushed...no trace of the ignored avatar whatsoever...none...niks...zilch...nadda...nope...no...goneski...

Bolton and Vlastuin would be miles in front
It was a bit of a joke, but also probably just shows the quality of the list at the moment that he would be in the top handful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back