Welcome to the Kennel Oskar Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm abivalent but he's cheap and probably will only be given a one year contract to start so minimal risk for maybe some reward. He's absolutely going to be a scapegoat before he even pulls on his boots for us.

I'm more than happy to give him a chance.

It's only a one-year rookie spot contract and in a genuine position of need. A quick wingman is something we don't have on the list and I'm sure will be given an opportunity to make a claim for the senior side.

Yeah, if it works then we get a fast wingman on the cheap and if not then it's just a low risk signing that didn't work out.

Seems we identified him as having a point of difference we need, pretty low risk so happy to back him in.

Maybe we are now recruiting one discarded ranga each year. I hope Gary Rohan isn’t out of contract at the end of 2023…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So ... we swapped an under-performing and troubled Hunter to Melbourne for another winger in Oskar Baker plus a future third.

Hunter (28 next week,173 games) has a premiership medallion and a Charles Sutton Medal.
Baker (24) has just been cut from the Demons list after 15 games (none in 2022).
Fair trade?

I reckon Melbourne will get some value from Hunter - he probably needed a change of scenery - so we need to see whether Baker will finally make the grade with us.

It would be great to see them line up against each other in Round 1.

Rangas are a different race?

I must let Mrs dw know ...
I should know better. Tell Mrs dw that race is biological, describing physical traits inherited from parents. If she's not satisfied with that, she can start off with

Defining Aboriginality in Australia

and good luck after that, dangerous territory. However, come the inevitable divorce and property settlement, the Race Discrimination Commissioner might become an Intervenor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back