Welcome to the Kennel Oskar Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

So ... we swapped an under-performing and troubled Hunter to Melbourne for another winger in Oskar Baker plus a future third.

Hunter (28 next week,173 games) has a premiership medallion and a Charles Sutton Medal.
Baker (24) has just been cut from the Demons list after 15 games (none in 2022).
Fair trade?

I reckon Melbourne will get some value from Hunter - he probably needed a change of scenery - so we need to see whether Baker will finally make the grade with us.

It would be great to see them line up against each other in Round 1.

What's Baker's relationship with booze like? Will he be missing half a season every couple of years from drink driving incidents and "personal reasons"?

sub-buzz-3806-1584397125-7.png

I'm also familiar with John Farnham, Paul Kelly, Goanna, Yothu Yindi, Slim Dusty, Ganggajang and Paul Williamson to name a few. I may be spending too much time on BF.
Have you listened to any Jedd Busslinger? That will be the true test of whether you’re spending too much time on BF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quick and hard at it. Seems like decent foot solider material, in the Roarke Smith mould. Dunkley and Hunter out necessitated adding some midfield depth. Hope he goes well.

Normally glass half full with recruits but just can't get enthused here.

Averaging 3 contested possessions and 1.6 tackles per game over 4 seasons of his AFL career and going backwards after an ok first year. For a bloke who's meant to be hard at it, yikes

I know raw numbers don't tell the full story and maybe there were circumstances, but he'd have to improve a long way to be in best 22 contention.

Hope I'm proven wrong.

Averaging 3 contested possessions and 1.6 tackles per game over 4 seasons of his AFL career and going backwards after an ok first year. For a bloke who's meant to be hard at it, yikes

I know raw numbers don't tell the full story and maybe there were circumstances, but he'd have to improve a long way to be in best 22 contention.

Hope I'm proven wrong.
Perhaps he was sub for some of those 15 games. That does tend to knock your averages a bit.

Coached us for 1 game
Three games actually.

Paul Williams. 66% winning record. Second most successful coach in the club’s history (after the unforgettable George McLaren, 100%).

Eat your heart out Bevo.

Hope I'm proven wrong.
Agree. Odd choice really, I see no upside to his game.
The only compliments I could give him are he's fast and I believe tough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back