Welcome to the Kennel Oskar Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

I can just see it now, Thursday the 16th of March, Bulldogs Twitter posted a video of Bevo addressing the players. “Oskar, you’re playing this week mate”.

Not a huge amount of competition. Happy for someone who can make the wing role his own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was a big doubter on this bloke but have been impressed thus far. A proper good game tonight.

Has a real crack and is producing the goods.

Only player on the ground tonight to have over 600 metres gained, our #1 ranked player for score involvements and inside 50s.

As a free hit signing that's a seriously good value contribution.

Good on you Oskar, stick up doubting d.ckheads like me.

I was a big doubter on this bloke but have been impressed thus far. A proper good game tonight.

Has a real crack and is producing the goods.

Only player on the ground tonight to have over 600 metres gained, our #1 ranked player for score involvements and inside 50s.

As a free hit signing that's a seriously good value contribution.

Good on you Oskar, stick up doubting d.ckheads like me.
Count me among the doubting d*ckheads too.

I wonder why it didn't work out for him at Melbourne? I know they have a couple of good 'uns ahead of him but they didn't even keep him for depth. Did they exceed the ginger cap, perhaps?

On the other hand we at least have a fair idea why Hunter left. We've effectively swapped wings with them. Hunter in form is the better player but Baker is four years younger.

I wonder why it didn't work out for him at Melbourne? I know they have a couple of good 'uns ahead of him but they didn't even keep him for depth. Did they exceed the ginger cap, perhaps?

On the other hand we at least have a fair idea why Hunter left. We've effectively swapped wings with them. Hunter in form is the better player but Baker is four years younger.
ALOT of Demons posters on here were very upset when they let Baker go, and i can see why. They have plenty ahead of him for the position, and honestly right now his doing better than Hunter was for us last season.

Right now, we came out ahead on this one. Really loving what he brings to the team.

The evolved form of Roarke Smith.

And $500k cheaper

Loved the passion he showed when he kicked his goal, plays with a chip on his shoulder. If we see more performances like that it'll be a great pickup. Never understood the hysterics on here when he was a free swing.

Last edited:

Hunter is a better runner. Baker seems a better kick in the forward half of the ground. If we get our rotations right he can be an asset to us.
Really good freebie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back