List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Bailey Williams (Pick 35)

Remove this Banner Ad

Half way to a breakout season. One of the few positives this season so far.

If half a dozen more young blokes can improve as much as Bailey has this season we will have turned a corner.

He still young and Im guessing is just starting to build true core body strengrh together with endurance. Starting to get confidence in his body and ability at AFL level.

He's a poor man's NicNat (no disrespect meant as NN at full flight is next level) but can do it for far longer around the ground.

Been absolutely outstanding his endurance and the steps he's taken, really happy for him and now really enjoy watching him develop.

Is great at ground level and likes to throw his weight around, definitely a keeper.

* me. If you had told me after my rant on the podcast after round one’s performance he’d be one of our few good performers this season I’d have laughed at you and said piss off.

He’s fronting up, playing through multiple niggles often without help.
A true warrior.

That doesn’t even consider that - maybe - he’s actually pretty damn good!!
If there’s ANY silver lining, it’s Ginbey, Noah long and BBBBBBBBBW.

I was gonna post this.
Kelly, Allen, Williams, Duggan, Hunt.

Anyone else not on the park enough.
It's a shame about Jones as I reckon he'll be coming 2nd behind Kelly at the time he went down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's got his opportunity and grabbed it.

Good on him.

Is anybody good with video highlights of BBW they can chuck on here? Be good to see his weekly efforts (Not just goals as you normally find on afl.com)

cheers

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Come On Reaction GIF

I gave up on this bloke sometime last year. I know some guys take a while to develop and rucks even more, and despite that I just couldn't see where his improvement was ever going to come from. I was convinced that while there might be something to work with in Jamo, Williams was a bust and we should just move on.

Anyway what a lesson... you have to marvel at the hard work he's put in. He seems like such a laid back sort of character on-field that I probably misread his aloofness for not caring so much. He has categorically proven that to be false.

I still don't think you should hold on to all your magic beans in the hope they appreciate in value one day - there are less stories of players going on to make it then there are who don't, but that again highlights why BW deserves the recognition he is getting now. Well done fella.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back