2nds West Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - Round 1 @ Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Friday 29th of March 7:20pm at City Mazda Stadium.

For people that can't make it to the game the digital pass this year is similar to last year. If you are a member of one of the 8 other SANFL clubs you get every SANFL game (including all Port home and away games) live for $30, non-members of those 8 other clubs have to pay $60. Or for a 30 days pass it's $6 for members, $10 for non-members.
https://sanfldigitalpass.com.au/#/

I'm expecting that Broadbent will come in after his minor hammy problem, Hammer should get another SANFL game under his belt too.

Also Mayes should get a game here after missing a week as an AFL emergency. I think Farrell could be held back this week as an AFL emergency after his terrific performance in the last SANFL trial game.

Every SANFL listed player apart from Levi Proude has played at some point this pre-season. Dale Finnie is unsigned and it's unknown if he's still at the club.

Last week the SANFL squad had 22 players so one will have to be cut out and with Broadbent coming in that makes two, I think Mead and Elsworthy will be the unlucky guys.

If my predictions are correct it could be Hartlett, Mayes, Woodcock, Cox, Sutcliffe, Appleton and Hill's PAFC SANFL Debuts and also Pudney and Frederick's SANFL Debuts.

Maggies Changes:
IN: Broadbent, Mayes
OUT: Farrell (AFL emergency), Elsworthy, Mead

Maggies Side:
F: Cox - Frampton - Woodcock
HF: Johnson - Hill - S.Gray
C: Pudney - Atley - Mayes
HB: Frederick - McKenzie - Hartlett
B: Broadbent - Howard - Garner
R: Ladhams - Sutcliffe (C) - Trengove
INT: Hewett - Corcoran - Appleton
EMERG: Mead - Elsworthy

Other:
Mahney: (Shoulder, 11 weeks)
Hayes: (Knee, 6 weeks)
Dixon: (Leg, 5 weeks)
Lienert: (Knee, 3 weeks)
Grundy: (Knee, 3 weeks)
Wines: (Shoulder, 2 weeks)
Proude: (Yet to appear)
Davidson: (Last played, Trial Match 1)
Wong: (Last played, Trial Match 2)
Strange: (Last played, Trial Match 2)
Edwards: (Last played, Trial Match 2)
Makoi: (Last played, Trial Match 2)
Smith: (Last played, Trial Match 2)

Last edited:
A night game in the warehouses of Sin City. Oh boy, can't wait. Sanfl really working to get the people to games.

Surely Grundy isn't 6 weeks away? He is running again and really only needs a bit of catch-up fitness. He was on his feet for the whole Club 1870 event and stayed to the end. Didn't seem inconvenienced at all.

Anyway this is a much better balanced Port team than last year. Should be around the mark this year.

Surely Grundy isn't 6 weeks away?

It was 8 weeks 2 weeks ago and then they changed it to TBC, I’ve just been taking a week off the figure each week until the club gives an actual number again.

It was 8 weeks 2 weeks ago and then they changed it to TBC, I’ve just been taking a week off the figure each week until the club gives an actual number again.

Just make up a number like everyone else is doing. Boxx might know.

My annual walk around the corner to Richmond Oval game comes early this year

And I can't make the Carlton game this weekend, so looks like this will be the first Port game I'll be seeing live this year

“What’s happening with those sausages, Charlie?”

“Two minutes, Turkish.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None of the AFL emergencies are named for the magpies ?
I think it will end up being
OUT: Farrell (AFL emergency), Elsworthy, Mead

Last edited:
So Mayes was the travelling emergency last week for the Power and plays this week for the Maggies.

Of the 4 emergencies named last week - Mayes, Howard, Farrell and S. Gray - Sam drops out and Johnson goes into 4 emergencies, and becomes the AFL emergency, was BOG last week, and lets Mayes play this week.

I think it will end up being
OUT: Johnson (AFL emergency), Elsworthy, Mead
This was on the website but only 20 named

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/n...-centre-of-excellence-dream-closer-to-reality

The Magpies outfit will feature a total of nine new faces at Richmond Oval on Friday night, including new AFL draftees Martin Frederick, Tobin Cox, Kai Pudney and Boyd Woodcock along with skipper Cam Sutcliffe and fresh Magpies contracted players Dallas Hill, Tom Corcoran, Matt Appleton and Jack Elsworthy.

1553759921502.png

RossFC that squad of 20 players for the Maggies doesn't have Howard.

Do you reckon that's an error, he is injured, or 2 players held back for AFL rather than just Johnson?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back