West Coast and Fremantle - Who finishes higher in 2023?

Which WA club will finish higher in 2023

• West Coast Eagles

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 35 62.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2009
Bull Creek WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Real Madrid, Man City, GS Warriors
An interesting start for season 2023 for the teams in the West. Fremantle are 0-2 after losing to St Kilda and North Melbourne and West Coast are 1-1 after a narrow loss to North and easily beating GWS at home.

Which WA club will finish higher this season?

Freo should finish higher pretty easily even though they’ve had a slow start I still expect them to finish in the bottom half of the 8.

While today was a good win, I still only see us winning 6-7 games for the year as we debut more kids.

Expecting Freo to come out firing in the derby

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus Christ, the recency bias on Bigfooty is staggering. West Coast won two games last year to Freo's sixteen. But apparently one narrow win at home against a GWS side that played in 36 degree heat last week and was missing Kelly, Whitfield and Perryman from last week's side is enough to say they've turned it around?

It'll be Freo, and it won't be close.

Both miss the finals but Fremantle finishes a bit higher.
Well I said Freo was gonna finish anywhere between 5th to 12th.

Most likely 7th to 10th.

Probably Freo will finish between 10th to 14th.

Yeah west coast in 2022 finished with a 2-20 record. But west coast have proven that they will get more than 2 wins.

Eagles will still be bottom 6 ;but will post 6 to 9 wins .

Eagles will win half of their games in their home state of WA.

Just don't see who is going to kick enough goals for Freo, very dysfunctional forward line and their mids are undersized and one paced now with no more Mundy and Fyfe. I had them out of the 8 before the start of the season, reckon they finish 9-14th. Eagles are rebuilding so hope we continue to focus on youth, still have enough quality to win a few games when it clicks. I have WCE about 10-15th.

Freo should finish higher as they'll generally be more competitive, whereas the Eagles will still get exposed from time to time. We looked good yesterday against a somewhat depleted Giants, playing the way we need to play going forward, but those contested and clearance numbers are bound to dry up against better opponents who get a run on. Freo might have issues with their attack right now, but I don't think they'll be on the receiving end of many blowouts. The task for West Coast this year is to just continue developing our squad and have a couple more games (or quarters) like that spaced out through the season to appease the fans. Hopefully by season's end the likes of Shuey and Hurn (both in that one-year contract extension zone) are no longer required.

Last edited:
Freo were locks for the 8 and said to challenge for top 4. Perhaps they're after Harley Reid to complete their much vaunted midfield.

LOL.

A Potential top 4 team decided to jack it in and tank for a draft pick...BEFORE the season even started. :D
:D:D:D:D

That's so Freo it just might be true o_O

Freo were locks for the 8 and said to challenge for top 4. Perhaps they're after Harley Reid to complete their much vaunted midfield.

LOL.

A Potential top 4 team decided to jack it in and tank for a draft pick...BEFORE the season even started. :D
:D:D:D:D

That's so Freo it just might be true o_O

You'd have a point if Melbourne didn't have our first pick

Just don't see who is going to kick enough goals for Freo, very dysfunctional forward line and their mids are undersized and one paced now with no more Mundy and Fyfe. I had them out of the 8 before the start of the season, reckon they finish 9-14th. Eagles are rebuilding so hope we continue to focus on youth, still have enough quality to win a few games when it clicks. I have WCE about 10-15th.
So what's the power level of freos forward line? LoL

What's the power level of west coasts forward line? LoL

When do you think any of your players will go super Saiyan mode? LoL

Back