Mod. Notice West Coast Board - tell us what you think...

How good is this place?

• Don't change a thing (AKA the Woosha years)

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • I'd like some tweaks around the edges (Send Huntaaa forward) - please tell us your thoughts

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • Total rebuild - please tell us your thoughts

Votes: 11 17.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed the point completely, its the attitude and general way some go about relating to people on here. Agree or be ridiculed.
Thankfully each individual has the power to filter out such nonsense.
PLAY ON!
Yes i agree with you about the ridicule. It is over the top sometimes.
Its bullying at times too and the mods do nothing about it. In fact one of them does it.

It's actually better than most of the other team boards. The mods are pretty lenient on trolling and stuff like that, compared to a board like the Carlton board where people get banned for liking posts

Just looking to appease the majority. The Birds of Prey section of the board is still a public forum and anyone can view / post / like or ignore.

It moves the thread for those that are sick and tired of the circle jerk, keeps a thread open for those that want to continue it, and keeps it contained in one spot so it doesn't take over all our other threads.

Regardless, isn't that the whole reason the player threads were set up in the first place? To analyse said player, their worth to the team, any news articles etc?
As a contributor of the priddis thread I am happy to have it moved to the birds of prey .. The only reason why people wouldn't wont it moved is because it has a negative title and it 280 pages long . It sits at the top of the main page and they think it validates the negative argument . The only people opposing it moved are the priddis haters .

If I should feel like banging my head up against a brick wall I'm sure the priddis thread won't be hard to find !

As a contributor of the priddis thread I am happy to have it moved to the birds of prey

Why not have a poll on it? I can see the value of a 'Priddis was shite this weekend' thread or even ongoing discussions in our pros and cons analysis threads but when you have a thread that the mods are even loathed to check, surely its time to retire or at the very least, have it moved elsewhere.

This thread is what's wrong with the board.

So many narky, snide comments to other members of the board, either directly or indirectly.

Doesn't make it an enjoyable place and with so many members on the ignore list some threads become very confusing all of a sudden.

Not much mods can do I suppose, just put up and shut up.

This thread is what's wrong with the board.

So many narky, snide comments to other members of the board, either directly or indirectly.

Doesn't make it an enjoyable place and with so many members on the ignore list some threads become very confusing all of a sudden.

Not much mods can do I suppose, just put up and shut up.
Not much the mods can do if they join in.
If they moderate correctly and fairly across the board the ridicule, abuse, trolling and narkiness is removed.

So how long did it take this thread to become all about the Matt Priddis thread?

I for one feel the thread is fine as it is. It's an excellent way to figure out who can hold a rational discussion/can argue without resorting to insults and who should be added to your ignore list. Matt's strengths and weaknesses do divide the fans (here anyway). I would like to see a feature where posters can see who's ignoring them though, as a courtesy to the ignored so they know not to bother replying to someone that won't see their post.

So how long did it take this thread to become all about the Matt Priddis thread?

I for one feel the thread is fine as it is. It's an excellent way to figure out who can hold a rational discussion/can argue without resorting to insults and who should be added to your ignore list. Matt's strengths and weaknesses do divide the fans (here anyway). I would like to see a feature where posters can see who's ignoring them though, as a courtesy to the ignored so they know not to bother replying to someone that won't see their post.
To be fair on this page both 'Matthew Priddis' and yourself have Priddis avs ;-)

I personally think our board is great the way it is. The moderators are friendly and don't over or under moderate. The one thing that annoys me is the trolls that come out of the woodwork in our game day threads to s**t stir post loss. That and the cross contamination of threads with other topics that have their own threads.

Overall it's probably the best board team wise on BigFooty. Tonnes better then the Carlton board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to start by saying, the very vast majority of this site is well moderator, and that will by the masses go unmentioned.

The one thing thats comes to mind is people making unjustified comments, however that can not be moderated, so keep up the good work :)

Can we remove Dusky and ndot, if not just automatically have them banned from game day threads?

Make this happen mods.

you do realize this website gives you the ability to 'ignore' posts from specific users?

perhaps you should try that, rather than suggesting the banning of users whose opinions you disagree with.

you do realize this website gives you the ability to 'ignore' posts from specific users?

perhaps you should try that, rather than suggesting the banning of users whose opinions you disagree with.
It's more fun to abuse you though.

Just from game day threads. I'm actually helping you.

The intolerance to the Priddis thread due to it containing opinions that some can't bear points to these folks not being actualized adults. The reaction by some WC fans to negative opinions about Priddis is what I think is embarrassing. Such a reaction to the Priddis thread is why the term 'fanboi' is apt for use on this board, for these people only want to read things that tickle their ears. Adults are able to handle both positive and negative opinions. These negative opinions of Priddis don't violate board rules. I think those that can't handle seeing negative opinions about Priddis need to grow up.

Bloody exactly.

Just reading this thread and seeing how many people are generally in tears over the Priddis thread has been the most embarrassing thing i've seen on here in a long time. It's a link... feel free not to click on it if you don't like the discussion which is going on. Is that such a hard thing to do?

"We need to get rid of the Priddis thread....."

"It's disgusting..."

"Says a lot about our supporters..."

"It's a sh*tstain thread that needs to be removed"

I mean honestly. You do realize the Moderators are actually in there pretty often contributing too right?

Like i've said before, i believe one of the main reasons it has dragged on to 300 pages, and the cause for a lot of the angst, is because his sponsor plays such a huge part in the thread. Not having a go ZergMinion but it's a bit difficult for people to argue with someone who is literally forced to have one opinion and one opinion only. Cannot hear any other views, and gets to come up with the same robotic arguments because that's his/her job. It kinda takes away any sort of sway to an argument.

As for the arguments themselves. They are about a professional player, in a club which we pay to be a member and part of. I think people are allowed to criticize the players performance, and future surrounding that player when they pay for the organisation. He's payed several hundred of thousands of dollars a year to play games for a living, i don't think anybody needs to feel sorry for him, or worry about what his family thinks of reading people critique his game.

Like i've said before, i believe one of the main reasons it has dragged on to 300 pages, and the cause for a lot of the angst, is because his sponsor plays such a huge part in the thread. Not having a go ZergMinion but it's a bit difficult for people to argue with someone who is literally forced to have one opinion and one opinion only. Cannot hear any other views, and gets to come up with the same robotic arguments because that's his/her job. It kinda takes away any sort of sway to an argument.

Aside from the problems you'll have next year adjusting your thinking when I've finished my tenure as player sponsor and still have the same opinions, I think you really need to have a look at the post counts of days when I'm not posting vs days when I am. I could have not posted at all in that thread and it would still have gone well past 200 pages. If every post I've ever made on BF is in that thread, I'm only responsible for 36 pages.

The thread is that big because there's a genuine difference of opinion on the board, and neither side can conclusively prove their case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back