2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Pleased for Gaffy. Hope the MC hold their nerve and keep him down for another couple of weeks at least and wait to see if it is sustained and also let Andrew relaxninto playing well so he can bring it back to AFL level.

Agreed

Needs to be a sustained run of form before he’s in the frame for a return

I also think it can be an overall positive with Gaff providing some leadership for our developing kids in the WAFL. Can take a bit of the load off the mids and give our forwards someone to lead to

Thanks for the memories Gaffy he wont be back for the AFL side, played OK today but didnt shine.
Lol, the West talking him up like he put his name in lights and will be back in consideration.
Hope he stays in the WAFL at least for a few weeks before we even consider it.

A bit of a shame we don’t have any (even outright wrong) scoring stats on the WAFL website - would love to know who contributed to those 13 other goals we kicked. I guess Burgiel must have had a big day.

According to the WAFL site Dewar kicked a goal. Rawlinson kicked one, Johnson kicked two.

The WAFL site has been updated now.

Goalscorers:
3 - Jack Williams, Kye Barker
2 - Harvey Johnston, Shannon Lucassen, Rhett Lloyd
1 - Andrew Gaff, Loch Rawlinson, Tyrell Dewar, Harley Sparks, Jason Gillbee

Apparently only one of our players (Lucassen) kicked a behind. So according to the WAFL site we would’ve had 18 rushed behinds to get from 17.1 kicked to 17.19 which they say is the final score… given the site’s track record maybe take these stats with a healthy pinch of salt

The WAFL site has been updated now.

Goalscorers:
3 - Jack Williams, Kye Barker
2 - Harvey Johnston, Shannon Lucassen, Rhett Lloyd
1 - Andrew Gaff, Loch Rawlinson, Tyrell Dewar, Harley Sparks, Jason Gillbee

Apparently only one of our players (Lucassen) kicked a behind. So according to the WAFL site we would’ve had 18 rushed behinds to get from 17.1 kicked to 17.19 which they say is the final score… given the site’s track record maybe take these stats with a healthy pinch of salt

Or the 18 points were all kicked by Burgiel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice article from the club on how we went yesterday.

Really pleasing to see the best players. Burgeil, Hall, Johnstone in particular.

Looking forward to seeing how the Beagles go next week against an improved swan Districts.

Nice article from the club on how we went yesterday.

Really pleasing to see the best players. Burgeil, Hall, Johnstone in particular.

Looking forward to seeing how the Beagles go next week against an improved swan Districts.
Unless there is poor performances/injury i'd like to see the players who played in the WAFL practice match gain consistency in the WAFL before getting the call up to AFL level.

Except for hall, i believe he played for PEEL most of last year, so hes probably the one ready for a chance at AFL.

Is the whole team travelling east and then to Adelaide for gather round game. How does that impact wafl team?

Is the whole team travelling east and then to Adelaide for gather round game. How does that impact wafl team?

Doubt they take the full squad. I reckon they’ll take the usual 24/25 to start with, maybe a few guys will go over and join them Sunday/Monday after playing Swan Districts, then once teams are picked on the Thursday some might get flown back in time to play Souths.

WAFL players list has also finally been updated on the Eagles website.

Jackson Nelson the captain, Trey Ruscoe vice-captain and Jack Eastough the deputy vice-captain.

I think the main takeaway from that is as good as the result was and our listed players had good games, the opposition was an under strength side

Needs to be borne in mind when considering which, if any, players deserve a call up to the seniors

This Saturday at Bassendean will give a better indication of the side overall and of individual players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back