Preview West Coast season preview - Me? I Like Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Been our second best kpd for a while now - easily

To the point where when emac went doen my first thought was thank **** we didnt trade brown or we'd be screwed

I think you woukd struggle to find anyone who disagrees with him being our second best kpd
We are in serious trouble then.

Been our second best kpd for a while now - easily

To the point where when emac went doen my first thought was thank **** we didnt trade brown or we'd be screwed

I think you woukd struggle to find anyone who disagrees with him being our second best kpd

So what you are really saying is he takes the mantle as "BEST" with McKenzie out for the year !!!!!!

So what you are really saying is he takes the mantle as "BEST" with McKenzie out for the year !!!!!!

He's the obvious choice to take the Rougheads, Clokes, and Franklins this year, and has done reasonably in that role in the past, albeit he had Glass to come in as third man up.

Who would you play on those guys?

I see you're new, I'll give you the best advice you'll ever receive on BigFooty.

1) click on Jack_the_Ninja's name, a pop up will appear
2) on the right hand side there is an 'ignore' option - click it
3) Enjoy BigFooty
Haha why thank you for the advice. I'm tentative to ignore him as from what I can see his posts are actually quite humorous!

He's the obvious choice to take the Rougheads, Clokes, and Franklins this year, and has done reasonably in that role in the past, albeit he had Glass to come in as third man up.

I can see brown playing on the forward closest to goal with gov 3rd up while hurn or schofield following the half forward up the ground

Some people take pride in bagging our midfield. The real problem is our back line. (More so without McKenzie) Quick turnovers and we were caught out regularly.
Brown didn't take those three you mention last year. McKenzie did.
However I agree Brown will get his chance this year. He will need McGovern to help out also.
However time will tell if he is good enough.

Some people take pride in bagging our midfield. The real problem is our back line. (More so without McKenzie) Quick turnovers and we were caught out regularly.
Brown didn't take those three you mention last year. McKenzie did.
However I agree Brown will get his chance this year. He will need McGovern to help out also.
However time will tell if he is good enough.

The real problem is our backline

Im just going to let that roll around the tongue for a while and try to taste all the subtly different, complex smoky flavours of idiocy in that one single post

And while you are enjoying whatever it is you put on your tongue and from whomever you might actually assess the Eagles on what they have today and not what they had last year.

11th is going to be pretty close to the mark.

Good assesment of where we are at .

We may actually improve as a team this year and still not be able to claw our way up the ladder . As contradictory as it sounds I see is improving as a team but sliding down the ladder a few pegs.
Yeah, I agree. A lot of sides are hitting their prime and it's gonna be tight for those last two spots in the top 8. I will be thrilled if we somehow make it in, but if we don't I wouldn't be surprised if we drop a few spots either. Doesn't necessarily mean we did badly, just means the comp is evening out.

Just a pet hate of mine if I may? where do you get Weagles from?I don't understand why people(mainly eastern staters) say that word.It annoys me. As such i will refuse to give my opinion and treat it with distain.

Just a pet hate of mine if I may? where do you get Weagles from?I don't understand why people(mainly eastern staters) say that word.It annoys me. As such i will refuse to give my opinion and treat it with distain.

I lived in Melbourne from 1988 to 1992 when the Weagles name got momentum. We few in number supporters at the Melbourne games had to endure at many a cold and wet ground in Melbourne so suck it up princess. If you are that sensitive, you may as well apply for a read only access to BF and stick to FaceBook.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I lived in Melbourne from 1988 to 1992 when the Weagles name got momentum. We few in number supporters at the Melbourne games had to endure at many a cold and wet ground in Melbourne so suck it up princess. If you are that sensitive, you may as well apply for a read only access to BF and stick to FaceBook.
Also it's disdain.

Hey Pal it might not bother you,but it bothers me,I mean its not even a word ffs.Now of you go back to your cave,and don't forget to get mummy to tuck you into bed.I suggest you stick to reading bedtime stories :).

Hey Pal it might not bother you,but it bothers me,I mean its not even a word ffs.Now of you go back to your cave,and don't forget to get mummy to tuck you into bed.I suggest you stick to reading bedtime stories :).

...That is where the name got started....I believe it was particularly popular in 1989 when we sucked.

Nice to get the comments and always good to be able to answer the Dear Dorothy letters of complaint.

Sitting at Subi with 90% plus Eagles fans fans alongside you is pretty lame and really only half the experience. I suggest you stay away from Melbourne then as the barrage you will get as an interstate supporter may be upsetting.

Son, you need to get out and experience the toothless brigade of the Collingwood faithful, the heckling of the Carlton heavy-weights, the passionate Dons supporters that see red and black and nothing else, I could go on. Stay true to your team and they welcome your comments and even want to start a conversation out of respect.

Oh, and if you are worried about whether or not things said at the football are "real words", then limit your away games to Melbourne and Geelong. They may even be happy to share a Thermos of coffee with you if you ask them nicely and use real words.

Just writing this brings a smile to my face and I miss the opportunity to really enjoy the banter and interchange at the football at the MCG versus the safety of the one sidedness of the crowds at Perth games.

Sweet Dreams

upload_2015-3-25_14-59-29.png

Yeah you are right. It does come from Victorian flogs.

The other side of the coin was a series of struggles against the better sides – in fact, the Eagles didn’t beat a single team that finished above them. They also had issues in close games; they won only two games by under twenty points, but lost seven.

I love that line. I've never heard it before. Can i hear it again?

Not to be confused with "The eagles didn't beat a single top 8 team..." I know it sounds similar, but it really isn't. Y'know?

I think we should just start with beating Freo over here and work our way up, no point winning too many games this year we want a fair shot at some youf this November Draft ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back