Western Region FL - Division Two - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went down to watch the Div 2 grand final on saturday, and it was a bit of a let down. I honestly thought Albanvale would have put up more of a fight.

Back to Deer Park all credit to them they are a quality side and deserve to go through all year un defeated and win the Grand final, but as i was watching ( and listening) all i could hear was them calling for free kicks even sometimes before they would happen, sooking a bit i thought. (just play the game)
As for condos good on him for a ripper of a season with kicking 150 goals and 7 of them in the grand final, my opinion still doesnt change though when i said earlier on in the year that most of goals were from on the run or passed to him during play, didnt see him win a fair contest all day. And when he does play on dont think he's ever going to pass.

i thought the umpiring wasnt special towards deer park and the players would have been frustrated in the first half just like the supporters where i was standing.your comments about weapons boy condos are idiodic.i thought the game plan dished up by albanvale was of a coach who didnt want to win the game.when the albanvale players run and carry they look a good side and on a handfull of occasions opened deer park up but failed through skill errors going into fwd 50.
christian day what a game congratulations to him daniel nelson best small forward i have seen in a long time.

weapons red carded :thumbsdown:

yes brother.......suck it up and move on!!!!

gee whizz weapo is back..........

well done d.connell on getting the glenroy job.....another club obviously with no trams and trains!!!!gee i think he took 10 players from his last club in the edfl 2nd div this is a bloke i wouldnt want coaching my club.....will never win a flag!!!!....as i stated 2 weeks ago........albanvale to fold........because of pieater!!!!:eek:

Wrong info Weapo - Lance Whitnall has Glenroy job.................

gee whizz weapo is back..........

well done d.connell on getting the glenroy job.....another club obviously with no trams and trains!!!!gee i think he took 10 players from his last club in the edfl 2nd div this is a bloke i wouldnt want coaching my club.....will never win a flag!!!!....as i stated 2 weeks ago........albanvale to fold........because of pieater!!!!:eek:

I hear he's gonna get the Districts job , i agree tho weapons blokes like him are probably not what clubs want . looks like he will walk get his paycheck, win nothing and piss off again with his 10 little mercenarys .

Well it looks like the off field money dramas at Albanvale FC during the year have turned into on feild dramas with the coach walking away and about 10 players going with him.

Ironic isn't it , one of the key contributor's to the monetary drama's bails when the going gets tough.

As reported the club is not in a good finacial posistion.:thumbsdown:

Ironic isn't it , one of the key contributor's to the monetary drama's bails when the going gets tough.

As reported the club is not in a good finacial posistion.:thumbsdown:

dont know whats happening behind closed doors at albanvale but i hope they stay afloat, great club with great ppl there...

would be sad to see them struggle, but i think on feild they will still be a contender next year:thumbsu:

Mail on Districts was wrong they signed Ron Rooney as coach for 2 yrs ! good signing and might be able to bring across a couple of good players !!

The topic of clubs looking for coaches that can bring players and then like-wise a coach that uses the fact they can bring players when applying for a coaching job is one that interests and intrigues me....

My philosophy has always been and I plan to stick by as long as my coaching career continues - If a club is looking for a coach because of what players (doesn't matter whether it is quality or quantity) you can bring with you over what you can offer as a coach - then I am not interested in coaching that club. You should bring with you the ability (and/or proven success) to be a good coach with the adequate skills and abilities to improve the club in question. That shows a club with integrity, direction and belief in where they are or where they want to go... Sustainable club = longer-term success.

In my scenario at the Laverton Magpies and now appointed for my 3rd season, if I could bring players with me then of course it is and will be seen as a bonus but ultimately it wasn't a pre-requisite and I was selected based on what I could bring as a coach to help improve our club.

Lastly, is it not fair and reasonable to suggest that any coach that brings players with them to a club will take them when they go to the next and then where does that leave the club?

The topic of clubs looking for coaches that can bring players and then like-wise a coach that uses the fact they can bring players when applying for a coaching job is one that interests and intrigues me....

My philosophy has always been and I plan to stick by as long as my coaching career continues - If a club is looking for a coach because of what players (doesn't matter whether it is quality or quantity) you can bring with you over what you can offer as a coach - then I am not interested in coaching that club. You should bring with you the ability (and/or proven success) to be a good coach with the adequate skills and abilities to improve the club in question. That shows a club with integrity, direction and belief in where they are or where they want to go... Sustainable club = longer-term success.

In my scenario at the Laverton Magpies and now appointed for my 3rd season, if I could bring players with me then of course it is and will be seen as a bonus but ultimately it wasn't a pre-requisite and I was selected based on what I could bring as a coach to help improve our club.

Lastly, is it not fair and reasonable to suggest that any coach that brings players with them to a club will take them when they go to the next and then where does that leave the club?

Dont know if you are referring to my statement that Rooney might be able to bring players??:confused: but , Ron wouldnt use "i can bring players" as a selling point , the bloke doesnt have to he's been in this caper a long time and is very very very well respected .:thumbsu:

Im just saying that with blokes like Ron its inevitable players will want to join him ....:thumbsu:

It's a top signing by Districts, many times better than the Kevin Morris signing .

I do tho agree with what you wrote , although there is no harm in getting a few players it's always best long term if you can get players and groom a side nautrally though juniors etc ....

Dont know if you are referring to my statement that Rooney might be able to bring players??:confused: but , Ron wouldnt use "i can bring players" as a selling point , the bloke doesnt have to he's been in this caper a long time and is very very very well respected .:thumbsu:

Im just saying that with blokes like Ron its inevitable players will want to join him ....:thumbsu:

It's a top signing by Districts, many times better than the Kevin Morris signing .

I do tho agree with what you wrote , although there is no harm in getting a few players it's always best long term if you can get players and groom a side nautrally though juniors etc ....

Sorry Hellsbells, I was forming my response prior to seeing your post and had not yet read yours about the signing of Ron Rooney... So no direct reference to your post.

agree top signing.......he wont be about the cashola!!!!

dont know whats happening behind closed doors at albanvale but i hope they stay afloat, great club with great ppl there...

would be sad to see them struggle, but i think on feild they will still be a contender next year:thumbsu:

i wouldnt want them to fold either.......great people no doubt though the commitee has questions to answer.......

Does a good coach really make the difference, i think if you can bring good footballers with you it doesnt matter how good a coach you are, really how hard it it to coach a team full of gun players. Look at Deer Park coach James Condos, first year at the job including himself he brang Trajkovski, Day, Cook, Thomas, Stankovic and Teal. And guess what 5 of them got in the best 6 on Grand Final day. So facts show a good coach at Laverton with average footballers finnished 7th. Deer Park with no coaching experience but with good footballers won a Premiership. Coaches dont make the team the "players" do.

Does a good coach really make the difference, i think if you can bring good footballers with you it doesnt matter how good a coach you are, really how hard it it to coach a team full of gun players. Look at Deer Park coach James Condos, first year at the job including himself he brang Trajkovski, Day, Cook, Thomas, Stankovic and Teal. And guess what 5 of them got in the best 6 on Grand Final day. So facts show a good coach at Laverton with average footballers finnished 7th. Deer Park with no coaching experience but with good footballers won a Premiership. Coaches dont make the team the "players" do.

Stating the blatantly obvious, Deer Park spent (just a stab in the dark here) $50,000-$80,000 on players compared to Laverton that spent $0.... Perhaps try comparing apples with apples... Not complaining in anway but give me/us that amount of money and I assure you we would have been fairly equal to them if not better....

Agree that it is the players but not as clear cut as your poor example... No offense....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stating the blatantly obvious, Deer Park spent (just a stab in the dark here) $50,000-$80,000 on players compared to Laverton that spent $0.... Perhaps try comparing apples with apples... Not complaining in anway but give me/us that amount of money and I assure you we would have been fairly equal to them if not better....

Agree that it is the players but not as clear cut as your poor example... No offense....

I'd like to take a second to commend your stance. In fact, Laverton should openly promote itself widely as the amateur club of the WRFL.

When I played it was for my mates and the jumper and suburban competitions have been turned in to s**t because of concieted primadonnas that put themselves on the market as some huge kind of hot footballing commodity. Sure, I got a quid, but I always put every cent back in to the club and it shits me to tears to see these soulless arseholes hocking themselves around the traps year after year, finishing a match, grabbing an envelope, jumping in their cars and then pissing off 10 minutes after a match. How can you put your body on the line for a bloke like that?

It's truly cringeworthy.

A park footballer is a park footballer whether you have an 8 page contract and a lawyer or not. End of story.

I'd like to take a second to commend your stance. In fact, Laverton should openly promote itself widely as the amateur club of the WRFL.

When I played it was for my mates and the jumper and suburban competitions have been turned in to s**t because of concieted primadonnas that put themselves on the market as some huge kind of hot footballing commodity. Sure, I got a quid, but I always put every cent back in to the club and it shits me to tears to see these soulless arseholes hocking themselves around the traps year after year, finishing a match, grabbing an envelope, jumping in their cars and then pissing off 10 minutes after a match. How can you put your body on the line for a bloke like that?

It's truly cringeworthy.

A park footballer is a park footballer whether you have an 8 page contract and a lawyer or not. End of story.

Agreed...good post... I Never took a cent for senior games ever... Was happy to be there wanted to be there and play footy regardless

The alternative to the argument is your worth whatever a club is willing to pay you and if you're good enough to command good money then why not.

Exactly my point forget how good a coach is you need the players. You said i rather have a good coach than a coach that brings players. Well good luck with that local footy doesnt work that way, you need dollars and with that comes good players or just good players sunshine heights for example 2008. You might be a good coach but your team came 7th .... why cause you just dont have the talent.

wont be a issue after a big meeting today burnside cobras will be alright 2012 in edfl along with caro springs and one other club

wont be a issue after a big meeting today burnside cobras will be alright 2012 in edfl along with caro springs and one other club

God it shits me when blokes have info...Then Post half the story or a little clue

Either post what you know or don't say anything at all

Are you saying albanvale are relocating to burnside atthe new ovals just built and transferring to the edfl

Reference to Condos not being able to coach and money brought the flag is wrong IMO. Deer Park paid above average for Divvy 2 but got the chocolates, and the fact his boundary coaches no a little more about the business then what people realise certainly goes along way and has not been mentioned. (James Condos - no mug)

Reality - In divvy 1 in 2012 and not going to spend 1 cent on anything less then top liners ready for divvy 1 inclusive of the best WRFL footballers. (All divvy 1 teams should be watching there stocks)

Goldy - true too form:D

Exactly my point forget how good a coach is you need the players. You said i rather have a good coach than a coach that brings players. Well good luck with that local footy doesnt work that way, you need dollars and with that comes good players or just good players sunshine heights for example 2008. You might be a good coach but your team came 7th .... why cause you just dont have the talent.

That is where I think you may be wrong... We have the talent and we will attract more to join our list... What we have lacked is the work ethic, commitment, fitness, discipline, maturity and fitness to bridge the gap... I am extremely confident that 2012 or 2013 if all goes to plan that we have every chance of creating history and with the same budget ($0) we will win a division 2 flag... We look after our players with free chiropractic treatment all year, we offer free life coaching to a few players and this year will be offering players (current and new recruits) the opportunity to complete a free Certificate 3 course in Sport and Recreation (provided by one of our club sponsors) plus a number of other initiatives that look after our players outside of footy and in general life...

Sometimes it is not just about the $$$ but it can be about getting mateship, respect, education, made to feel equal or valued and to be a part of something special... That is what drives me and drives a number of our players and I know that success can and will come our way... So yes we are in many ways following the 'amateur' model of running things and I actively promote and make known this fact and we possibly could do this on a bigger scale... But for the time being, we will continue to develop, grow, mature and improve and if any player wants a change or even to see what we have to offer, call me or come down to pre-season and join me and us in our pursuit in making history in this current money driven climate.... Go Lavo!

Reference to Condos not being able to coach and money brought the flag is wrong IMO. Deer Park paid above average for Divvy 2 but got the chocolates, and the fact his boundary coaches no a little more about the business then what people realise certainly goes along way and has not been mentioned. (James Condos - no mug)

Reality - In divvy 1 in 2012 and not going to spend 1 cent on anything less then top liners ready for divvy 1 inclusive of the best WRFL footballers. (All divvy 1 teams should be watching there stocks)

Goldy - true too form:D

bang bang well said!!!! the boys on the bench know their sh1t!!!

though im sure it wont be just the wrfl in their search for top liners!!!!and let me tell you there are some smashing recruits on the way!!!!

imo will need 10 of the best to get around the mark!!!!

choofa had some mail over the weekend about your good self. about putting in to coach pointcook under 18's in 2012. is this right? aren't you the top guy at lavo?

choofa had some mail over the weekend about your good self. about putting in to coach pointcook under 18's in 2012. is this right? aren't you the top guy at lavo?

:eek: and here i was all these years thinking posties never worked weekends - return to sender!!

far far from being the top guy at lavo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back