Westhoff vs. Goldsack

Which Player Would You Prefer In Your Team?

• Justin Westhoff

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tyson Goldsack

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Both players were absolute bargains in the 2006 National Draft, both clubs are big winners either way...

But who would you rather have in your team?

Westhoff's numbers are too good to ignore. Goldsack has had several great games, but as a defender doesnt stand out as much. Not much between them though.

Westhoff by miles. Goldsack's nothing special. Westhoff reads the flight of the ball and times his leaps brilliantly. Good composure and decision making under pressure. I rate him above any of the Pies draft picks over the past 3 years. :)

I'm going with Westhoff myself. He's been a revelation for Port given the troubles Tredrea has had this year, The Hoff has held them (and my SC team ;)) up beautifully.

The Sack has been a ripper though, and an absolute steal at #63. You couldn't be anything less than ecstatic to have picked either of these guys. :)

I'm going with Westhoff myself. He's been a revelation for Port given the troubles Tredrea has had this year, The Hoff has held them (and my SC team ;)) up beautifully.

The Sack has been a ripper though, and an absolute steal at #63. You couldn't be anything less than ecstatic to have picked either of these guys. :)

Goldsack's OK, but nothing special. I definitely wouldn't swap any of our current late draft picks for him. Perhaps you've been reading too much HUN. Looks pretty much like a 60-80 draft pick type to me. Westhoff however was a bargin. :)

Goldsack's OK, but nothing special. I definitely wouldn't swap any of our current late draft picks for him. Perhaps you've been reading too much HUN. Looks pretty much like a 60-80 draft pick type to me. Westhoff however was a bargin. :)
How many of your 60-80 picks have a Rising Star nomination already parrot? :rolleyes:

Do you even get picks in the 60-80 range any longer, or are they all first-rounders?

How many of your 60-80 picks have a Rising Star nomination already parrot?...

We have 2 rookies on our list with Rising Star nominations BTW. Rising Star nominations don't mean a whole lot to be honest. It's just an encouragement award for young players. Westhoff has obvious natural ability, and didn't need a rising star nomination to confirm it. Goldsack racked up a few stats one week, but he doesn't really have any outstanding attributes. Looks like a stock-standard HB flanker type to me. :)

We have 2 rookies on our list with Rising Star nominations BTW. Rising Star nominations don't mean a whole lot to be honest. It's just an encouragement award for young players. Westhoff has obvious natural ability, and didn't need a rising star nomination to confirm it. :)
Nice dodge. The only Carlton players to have received Rising Star nominations in the last two years are Gibbs and Murphy. They were picked #1 and, hmmm let me see... #1.

I also like how you see the need to desperately scrounge around for players on your list who've been nominated several years ago to justify your ill-informed opinion, and at the same time seek to devalue the award because you don't have any aside from your over-hyped humanitarian-aid #1 picks. Pretty pathetic, but that's what we've come to expect from you parrot.

Westhoff is holding down a KP post in his first year. Thats impressive.

Dont know how anyone can vote for Goldsack in this poll, i would like to see their explanation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying to put aside my bias, but I don't think I need to. Goldsack looks like he'll be a good player, but Westhoff is a natural.

He's not particularly fast, he'd fall over if you sneezed on him, but he's got brilliant footy instincts. He knows where to lead, when to take the shot himself and when to dish it off, and makes the decision quickly. You can teach some of that to players, but you can pick 'naturals', they always look like they've all the time in the world, and Hoff looks like that.

He's 20, so I doubt he's ever going to be a mountain, and probably trying to be would be detrimental. If he can add 5-10kg though so he can do a bit more out-muscling opponents instead of outwitting them for best spot there's no reason he can't be a 70+ goal a season forward.

How many of your 60-80 picks have a Rising Star nomination already parrot? :rolleyes:
Fisher and Houlihan were picked in the seventies.

A lack of a rising star nomination doesn't mean Goldsack will be a better player than Kennedy, Jackson, Grigg, Hampson, Bower, Austin and Anderson. You shouldn't have learnt that after McGough and Cole won rising star nominations at the Pies and were cut.

We wouldn't swap any of our draft picks for Goldsack.

Joe Anderson has more talent.
Do you even get picks in the 60-80 range any longer, or are they all first-rounders?
*COUGH* Pendlebury and Thomas.

One poor year, in which we were decimated by injuries, hardly compares to three spoons and three #1 picks in a row, not to mention your other top-10's. They aren't in the same ballpark, they aren't even in the same sport. :thumbsdown:

Welll - we need some quality in the middle at Freo' so we need the Sack more than a forward, but geez - the Hoff is quite simply a natural talent. When he bulks up he is gonna be even more potent.

Fisher and Houlihan were picked in the seventies.

A lack of a rising star nomination doesn't mean Goldsack will be a better player than Kennedy, Jackson, Grigg, Hampson, Bower, Austin and Anderson. You shouldn't have learnt that after McGough and Cole won rising star nominations at the Pies and were cut.

We wouldn't swap any of our draft picks for Goldsack.

Joe Anderson has more talent.

*COUGH* Pendlebury and Thomas.

Goldsack is is and will be better than any of those players you mentioned above, bar thomas and pendles of course.

Stop talking kennedy up, he's nothing.

Goldsack is is and will be better than any of those players you mentioned above, bar thomas and pendles of course...

Goldsack might not be that talented, but he has a lot more courage than "Daisy" and "Peddles". Pendlebury's last quarter handbreak last week V Crows probably cost them the game. Was pretty funny. :)

Perhaps the Collingwood Lonie sister took a training drill in attacking the ball....

Would be interesting to see what would happen in training if you had a battle between Thomas, Pendlebury, and Lonie for the contested ball. I think they'd all just watch the ball sitting on the turf, and waiting for the other to get it and fire out a nice wide handball. :)

Back