What are you listening to right now?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll admit that I lose respect for someone when they can only name the singles of a band/artist after claiming to being a fan.

"Oh wow, cool shirt; I love Kings of Leon! It looks really retro!"
"Yeah it's actually pretty old. I got it at a gig back.. ahh, end of 2005, or start of 2006."
"What? Were they around then?"
Uncomfortable silence.

That actually happened to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you don't like them because of how they sound, then no problems.

But not liking them because they're popular is really just cutting off your nose to spite your face.

If I wanted to, I could say Gojira is my favourite band, and (to a metal fan, anyway) I'd have the "cred" of liking a small band, but **** that, Metallica sounds the best, therefore they're my favourite band. I don't care how many people became fans after the Black Album.

I'll have to check on the computer tomorrow night.

Surprised about the comparability, tbh.

Patrick park; is his music like 'something pretty' (used on the o.c.), or is that not a good indication?

I like that song, ftr.

Thats the song that got me into him, as well as Your smiles a drug. And ftr, now there isn't a single song on his 3 albums that I don't like. Srs.

If you don't like them because of how they sound, then no problems.

But not liking them because they're popular is really just cutting off your nose to spite your face.

If I wanted to, I could say Gojira is my favourite band, and (to a metal fan, anyway) I'd have the "cred" of liking a small band, but **** that, Metallica sounds the best, therefore they're my favourite band. I don't care how many people became fans after the Black Album.
Word, son. I used to be such a music snob but I've learned to not give a s**t anymore With any genre of music that is, not just metal. End of the day, a good song is a good song.

So I don't really care if I admit that the only Kings of Leon album I like is the one all you guys hate lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back