What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robbo. please!

Because the parasitic nature of the relationship between the game and the media gives them a step on the bottom rung of the ladder not afforded to most, Robbo like the rest of the paid commentariat set themselves apart from mere mortals on places like this and other "social media" outlets. It is not "social media" or people at the game "booing" players that makes and breaks careers, its guys like Robbo and his media masters who actually drive the agenda with the giant megaphones afforded to them due to their omnipresence and and barely hidden agendas that do. Robbo and his ilk's words may not be as extreme as those in the twitter-sphere but they carry a good deal more weight.

If he dared have a mirror in his house, I'd suggest he have a long hard look in it.

Was driving my mum to the shops this morning and my radio was on SEN. She has never listened to the channel, Robbo got on and mum asked "is this guy pissed?" I said if not now give it a couple of hours.

I'd also filed that one away for retrospective retweeting. :D

By the way Mutt, if that's really you, I've just doubled your follower count :)

I'd also filed that one away for retrospective retweeting. :D

By the way Mutt, if that's really you, I've just doubled your follower count :)

Yeah...I'm not very active on Twitter am I?

The more Barrett speaks the more I'm sure he is some kind of special needs guy, really has no idea about the topic he is a supposed 'expert' on. Lyon must feel threatened by the Dogs for some reason.
Exactly ..... its because he feels threatened that the Bulldogs will be more successful than Melbourne.

Yeah...I'm not very active on Twitter am I?
When I clicked on the tweet it said your last one was welcoming Fuller to the club, so, no :p

Took me a while to get going on there. Signed up in 2009, but 99% of my tweets were posted in the last year or so.

Exactly ..... its because he feels threatened that the Bulldogs will be more successful than Melbourne.
More like he feels threatened that Melbourne will never ever be better than anyone again.
He has been at the bottom of the barrel with Melbourne for so long now that he no longer hopes for success, just hopes that another team will stumble badly enough that he can push them down below Melbourne for a bitter moment of relief.

More like he feels threatened that Melbourne will never ever be better than anyone again.
He has been at the bottom of the barrel with Melbourne for so long now that he no longer hopes for success, just hopes that another team will stumble badly enough that he can push them down below Melbourne for a bitter moment of relief.
He'll be even more shittier after the flogging they got at the MCG today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was driving my mum to the shops this morning and my radio was on SEN. She has never listened to the channel, Robbo got on and mum asked "is this guy pissed?" I said if not now give it a couple of hours.
I thought the same thing. He'd either had a partial stroke or hit the bag very early.

I heard the end of an interview with Alan Richardson this morning on SEN. He was asked which team had impressed him the most this season coaching against.

He said something like- the first half by the Western Bulldogs was incredible. They are so dynamic through the midfield and their big forwards like Stringer & Crameri are just so powerful we just couldn't get the ball out.

He then went on to say something like- I guess collingwood smashed us. We just couldn't stop their two gun mids.

For reference they have played Adelaide, us, Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood, GC & GWS so far. Not the most exalted company, but it's still good to hear.

The AFL is listed on ASIC as a public company with limited liability and are regulated by ASIC under the Corporations Act. It is not listed as a recognised not-for profit organisation

https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/R...earchTab=search&_adf.ctrl-state=16lfrrwsnd_40

http://www.probonoaustralia.com.au/directory/glossary/a#

AFL is definitely a non profit organization. Just because they are a company does not mean they are profit driven. RSL's and bowls clubs, etc operate as companies, charge and pay GST, pay superannuation, etc. But do noy pay 30% company tax and the funds raised go back into the running of the club, not to shareholders, individual or public.

AFL is definitely a non profit organization. Just because they are a company does not mean they are profit driven. RSL's and bowls clubs, etc operate as companies, charge and pay GST, pay superannuation, etc. But do noy pay 30% company tax and the funds raised go back into the running of the club, not to shareholders, individual or public.

hmm I cant find anything at this stage from credible sources with listings that include the AFL as a not for profit organisation. Will see if I can do a search through the AB of Statistics

I heard the end of an interview with Alan Richardson this morning on SEN. He was asked which team had impressed him the most this season coaching against.

He said something like- the first half by the Western Bulldogs was incredible. They are so dynamic through the midfield and their big forwards like Stringer & Crameri are just so powerful we just couldn't get the ball out.

He then went on to say something like- I guess collingwood smashed us. We just couldn't stop their two gun mids.

For reference they have played Adelaide, us, Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood, GC & GWS so far. Not the most exalted company, but it's still good to hear.
St Kilda, I've said repeatedly, will be seen as an aberration. We were utterly dominant and we've shown all year that 4 qtr footy isn't an issue any more, but we tired so badly in that game as we all know that if we played them any other week, we win by 15 goals. Such a shame.

And as a side note, as good as Billings was in the last qtr, the eulogising that the Saints supporters are going on with about him, given he kicked goals against witches hats, is making me sick. Let's see how he goes all year. I'm not sold on him yet. It's hard to be dominant throughout a career at 6' tall.

St Kilda, I've said repeatedly, will be seen as an aberration. We were utterly dominant and we've shown all year that 4 qtr footy isn't an issue any more, but we tired so badly in that game as we all know that if we played them any other week, we win by 15 goals. Such a shame.

And as a side note, as good as Billings was in the last qtr, the eulogising that the Saints supporters are going on with about him, given he kicked goals against witches hats, is making me sick. Let's see how he goes all year. I'm not sold on him yet. It's hard to be dominant throughout a career at 6' tall.
Let's be big enough to concede
The kid's got game

Without finding where it was Riewoldt also said that we would play finals. There have been quite a few that have said the same (I think Sloane said something similar), I guess you can take it with a grain of salt but all the same it's good to hear opposition players finding is tough to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back