What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boyd's a unique key forward who the only players you can compare him to are a weird funky mixture of Hawkins and Tippett.
He's quite tall for a key forward (over 201cm), but isn't a lanky type like Daniher. His one-on-one ability is probably most similar to Hawkins, but his height and ability to play in the ruck is similar to Tippett. Therefore it's silly to compare him to other key forwards.

Boyd's a unique key forward who the only players you can compare him to are a weird funky mixture of Hawkins and Tippett.
He's quite tall for a key forward (over 201cm), but isn't a lanky type like Daniher. His one-on-one ability is probably most similar to Hawkins, but his height and ability to play in the ruck is similar to Tippett. Therefore it's silly to compare him to other key forwards.
He's basically skilful like Hawkins and big like Tippett. Good mix if you ask me

You wonder if Boyd would even be discussed had he not left GWS. His price tag has drawn much negativity from those who have no liking for our club. Some people like Leigh Mathews want him to fail just to make a point about clubs making risky multi-million dollar trades based on potential. Yes, the club has taken a risk, but it sickens me that Mathew's actually wants a kid to fail for what he perceives to be for the good of the game.

I just laugh at the Boyd talk and comparisons.

These media idiots know SFA about a smaller club taking a risk to achieve greatness.

I'd rather we tried and failed with Boyd, then never tried at all.

Matthews is still sore that his basket case of a former club didn't have a hope in hell of landing Boyd despite a formidable cap warchest.

I hope they've got paramedics on standby when their current target in Jake Carlisle requests a trade to the Kennel five months from now.

If you offered the oaf a slab he'd say Boyd would be the next John Coleman.
Oh hang on just looking at him on my upgraded Fox HD, he looks like a keg type bloke.
He should just stick to stroking Hird's appendage

You wonder if Boyd would even be discussed had he not left GWS. His price tag has drawn much negativity from those who have no liking for our club. Some people like Leigh Mathews want him to fail just to make a point about clubs making risky multi-million dollar trades based on potential. Yes, the club has taken a risk, but it sickens me that Mathew's actually wants a kid to fail for what he perceives to be for the good of the game.

I just laugh at the Boyd talk and comparisons.

These media idiots know SFA about a smaller club taking a risk to achieve greatness.

I'd rather we tried and failed with Boyd, then never tried at all.
When the tables turn in two to three years they'll be changing their collective tune

I think everyone expected us to fold when that deal went through and accept a high pick and steak knives. Our capacity to pull off something like we did was underrated.. Why certain people in the media are sour about that I will never know.

According to the Sun, Brisbane are launching big money bids for Dixon and Rance. Yet, Matthews doesn't complain about this? There is no concern for their young players wanting out because of a salary cap squeeze..... The double standard is pathetic.
Maybe because Rance and Dixon are "proven" and Boyd had only played 9 games? Not saying that's a good reason though.

Maybe because Rance and Dixon are "proven" and Boyd had only played 9 games? Not saying that's a good reason though.

Matthews was one of the people banging on his chest and yelling that we should pay a premium for a full forward. We get one that's highly rated that we have to pay a bit to secure and he's the first going "you're dumb and that contract is stupid. You should have listened to me and gotten someone cheap"

Rance is proven - so nothing like Boyd. I wouldn't describe Dixon as a proven forward yet, but he'll get a good offer if he chooses to go. They all do. Best thing Cam McCarthy could do now is shop himself to Freo. He's never going to have more value than right now. Young and doing well? Who'd say no??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NEWS FLASH! I hope you are sitting down. Football 'experts' often voice contradictory and totally irrational views, indeed the really talented ones can do it in a single sentence. Hello, Jon "Yeah, you're probably right Kevin and I didn't think that through" Ralph. And just because they may have played the game at the highest level their thoughts are not automatically validated. In their desperation to fill column inches and air time most of them speak so much crap they could quite easily, post on BigFooty and nobody would notice.

Try not to take their idiotic pronouncements to heart, and if idiotic, completely uninformed opinions are still important to you, just keep reading my posts. At least you can be safe in the knowledge that you didn't waste your hard earned on mine.

Barrett talking on TFS about Boyd. Played a clip of Patton on radio talking about his departure with Barrett adding GWS players have been waiting for this for awhile.

Really Damian? Really? You don't think we've been waiting to get our hands on Griffen? I can't remember a game I've wanted to win more other than finals.

Oh and this from his Twitter.

@barrettdamian: Next time the AFL system bemoans no one wanting to be an umpire, let's all remember how the AFL system hung one out to dry this week

Gary Lyon haaaaaaaaaaates us.. When looking at our game starting bagging our outs saying "What's happened to Lin Jong... Talia is out.. etc" making out like everyone spoke too early on our talent. He is just a jealous prick. Cant wait to vs them again. We better be awake this time.

Gary Lyon haaaaaaaaaaates us.. When looking at our game starting bagging our outs saying "What's happened to Lin Jong... Talia is out.. etc" making out like everyone spoke too early on our talent. He is just a jealous prick. Cant wait to vs them again. We better be awake this time.
He said "what happened to Jong, wasn't he supposed to be the best player ever?". Massive knobend.

He's just still pissed that he was talking up Jimmy Toumpas as the best top 10 pick of the draft and ignoring Macrae, Stringer, or Wines

He said "what happened to Jong, wasn't he supposed to be the best player ever?". Massive knobend.
he is just a jealous prick. Always pumping up the no personality club in Melbourne. He can live in his false reality world where Jonesy and Viney and Roosy and ToumpASS and etc can make him feel like they are a good club .

He's just still pissed that he was talking up Jimmy Toumpas as the best top 10 pick of the draft and ignoring Macrae, Stringer, or Wines
when the draft just happened? yeah he is an idiot who has to pump up melbournes tyres all the time coz nothing else will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back