What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have better under 23 than they do simply through sheer weight of numbers. However if it was 23 and under and you add Liberatore, Wallis, JJ and Dahlhaus then I truly believe we have the best young list in the competition.

Agree entirely, that's why I thought the original article was a bit lightweight.

Not hard to have a good under 23's when you've been given 70% of first round picks for five years. GWS should be much better than they are. Things like picking Plowman over Wines, Macrae and Stringer really stuffed them up.

I still can't believe they passed on Stringer especially. If any club was in a position to take the risk on his leg it was them. Instead they take O'Rourke and Plowman, lol.

Agree here too. Have long been an advocate that they were in a position to be aggressive with their list build, as everyone knew they were going to be terrible after the GCS debut year. They could have been speculative and taken the longer term view, but they went vanilla at every single opportunity....

Agree entirely, that's why I thought the original article was a bit lightweight.

Agree here too. Have long been an advocate that they were in a position to be aggressive with their list build, as everyone knew they were going to be terrible after the GCS debut year. They could have been speculative and taken the longer term view, but they went vanilla at every single opportunity....
Almost plain, vanilla had flavor. Few risks taken and now lots of good solid players. Apart from Cameron, who else has Real X factor on their list?

Picking up 3rd tall defenders who don't really excel at anything or in any other position such as Plowman and Buntine, were hysterical draft selections.

I honestly think that Plowman at 3 is going to go down as one of the worst draft blunders of all time. I mean, look at the players taken in the top ten after him

4. Toumpas
5. Stringer
6. Macrae
7. Wines
8. Mayes
9. Vlaustin
10. Daniher

Sure Toumpas didn't kick on at Melbounre (but it's Melbourne and nobody kicks on there) but 5-9 are all going to go down as incredibly talented players and Daniher would have been worth even attempting to bid on.

Almost plain, vanilla had flavor. Few risks taken and now lots of good solid players. Apart from Cameron, who else has Real X factor on their list?
Haynes, WHE, Smith, Patton are a couple of blokes they've drafted who have x factor. X factor or not they've drafted the wrong players. Wines doesn't have x factor and he would of been unreal for them.

I honestly think that Plowman at 3 is going to go down as one of the worst draft blunders of all time. I mean, look at the players taken in the top ten after him

4. Toumpas
5. Stringer
6. Macrae
7. Wines
8. Mayes
9. Vlaustin
10. Daniher

Sure Toumpas didn't kick on at Melbounre (but it's Melbourne and nobody kicks on there) but 5-9 are all going to go down as incredibly talented players and Daniher would have been worth even attempting to bid on.

GWS are lucky that Silvagni can't be wrong and were able to flog him off to Carlton.

4. Toumpas
5. Stringer
6. Macrae
7. Wines
8. Mayes
9. Vlaustin
10. Daniher

I'm not convinced by O'Rourke yet either (one selection before Plowman).

...and the entire competition breaths a massive sigh of relief that GWS don't have Stringer and Cameron in the same forward line.

What a bunch of silly SoSages they are.

Last edited:
Their U23 list looks better right for obvious reasons, but they won't be able to pay them all enough to keep them, so "on paper" for up and coming players for them is misleading.
The bigger issue is that they have too many players rotting in the two's, they become wasted first round picks. Well, it's a big issue for them. Great for us though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4. Toumpas
5. Stringer
6. Macrae
7. Wines
8. Mayes
9. Vlaustin
10. Daniher

Would have loved to have had one more pick in that draft at 7 to draft Wines.

That would have absolutely set us biiiig time.

5.Sringer
6.Mcrae
7.Wines

We could have basicly had our midfeild set for next 10 years and a very strong one may I add.

Would have loved to have had one more pick in that draft at 7 to draft Wines.

That would have absolutely set us biiiig time.

5.Sringer
6.Mcrae
7.Wines

We could have basicly had our midfeild set for next 10 years and a very strong one may I add.

Yeah, one more first rounder would have made our team pretty insane.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2016-01-14/king-reviews-ruck-stocks

Interesting comments regarding Minson: firstly, that he needs to be confident in his body (did he have reported injury issues last year or is that new? Can't recall), and that his training intensity needs to be there. Perhaps a bit more insight into why he was out of favour last year.
Yeah can't remember injuries. Made me think he might have been talking about trusting his body to bring intensity all game and not take rests/easy periods during games?

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2016-01-14/king-reviews-ruck-stocks

Interesting comments regarding Minson: firstly, that he needs to be confident in his body (did he have reported injury issues last year or is that new? Can't recall), and that his training intensity needs to be there. Perhaps a bit more insight into why he was out of favour last year.
He had back problems in 2014. Not sure if they were still affecting him, but back injuries have a tendency to linger

Also mentioned that they are grooming Roughy as a ruck/fwd
I found his comments about Rough a bit inconsistent; at the start of the interview I got the impression they were looking to him as a second ruck, but in the latter end he spoke of him as if he was the preferred first ruck. Still a lot of water to go under the bridge with our ruck situation I think. I'm not worried about it, though; I think we've got the pieces there to field a competitive ruck division, regardless of which way we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back