Strategy What to do with pick 1 now we’ve got it - Do We Need Reid or is it Curtins

Keep pick 1, or trade it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had enough of all of these kents already.

Nothing would satisfy me more right now than drafting H.Reid and watch him kick a bag against the tin-rattlers.

And anyone else wanting to entertain splitting the pick in this massively compromised draft needs to give themselves an uppercut as well.

And even if you are one of those joyless people that needs to do a forensic background check before you allow yourself to like somebody or something, the kid's 19 and that manfluencer s**t is incredibly popular with young men/boys these days.

Also Trump is funny and the king of shitposting. Of course a teenage lad is going to like him.

It’s good to know you think men like Tate and Trump are good role models for young blokes.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I still can't believe we're in the running for pick 1 without genuinely obvious tanking. If we end up with Ginbey, Hewitt and Reid from two seasons where we should have been in the 9-12 range that'll be amazing.

Hell, even if it's Ginbey, Hewitt and one of Curtin/McKercher that will still be great quite honestly. I feel we're a stronger chance for pick 1 next year if we miss Reid, so fluking a win in the last three might balance out in the end.

I'd still like to finish last and take Reid though. Would make this turd burger of a season well worth the pain.

Getting Maric and Culley MSD bonuses in the rebuild too ..

If we go with the current odds of a draw in the Derby at 61.00 as representative of 5.00 and take that across to 13.00 and 6.00 respectively, we get probabilities for draws at 1.6%, 0.6% and 1.4%.

Adding those figures to the above (so that a result includes wins and draws), the calculation for at least one occurrence goes up to 41%.
You lost me at probability:tearsofjoy:

Anyone at all still thinking we don't have 2 hands firmly on the spoon?

Might aswell be $1.01
All comes down to the last round and whether Adelaide have anything to play for and/or whether they play 'kick it to Tex' to win him a Coleman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All comes down to the last round and whether Adelaide have anything to play for and/or whether they play 'kick it to Tex' to win him a Coleman.

They could play with 3 less players on the field and still win. We can’t win if we can’t get hands on the .

It’s not like they will come over and just roll over.

Wowee. We need Reid and probably two more bottom 4 finishes to even get consistently competitive.
Tonight's team not all that far off our best 22 for next year (assuming all fully fit), so I think bottom 4 finish is an absolute lock for 2024, short of a new coach coming in and getting a heck of a lot more out of the team

Tonight's team not all that far off our best 22 for next year (assuming all fully fit), so I think bottom 4 finish is an absolute lock for 2024, short of a new coach coming in and getting a heck of a lot more out of the team

Sadly I have to agree with most of this post.

Simpson and his Donkeys in the coaching box this season( actually the last two years ) , have looked totally bereft of knowing what to do to stop a run on of goals from the opposition.

I mean how the * do we concede 17 *ing goals in a row against the unwashed.
More concerning it’s not the first time this has happened this season.

Now I get that we have had some adversity at the selection table this year through injury.
BUT what the coaches are delivering in game plan is absolutely tripe.

Simpson laments that we aren’t winning enough ball at the contest and stoppages, we’ll maybe he should give our recruiters a bit of a flame 🔥 as they have had a preference ( pre last years haul - Ginbey and Hewett ), to recruit outside mids that don’t have the adequate grunt to be effective at the coal face. To few of our players win the one on ones.

The apologists will say that we have been hampered by only having late draft picks due to sustained success, but there have been several hard nuts available with latter picks, however our recruiters have taken the athletic middle distance runners and guys with better skill sets, but unfortunately wilt under any real physical pressure.

I present two such examples: Foley and Rotham, look good on the trading track, but in the heat of battle they look like deer 🦌 in the headlights.
They would be more appropriately fitted with the Hawthorn brown shorts.

Despite what the apologist say, IMO our recruiters have for many years ( prior to last year draft ) have had a certain “ type “ that they favour in the draft, which on an individual basis can be argued and justified, however as a collective their unwillingness to draft player with a bit of “ James Hunt “ in them, has played a not insignificant role in us being smashed in contestant possession and stoppages for several years now.

Now I know the Sunday School Teachers here will defend fine character 😇 above all things : but I ask this question when was the last time we recruited someone like Beau Watters ? Of course it’s now history that’s well past, but the Sam Powell-Pepper’s of the various cohorts get passed over when we come to call out our draft names.

So Simpson if you are crying out for players, that can win the hard ball and win the one on one contests, perhaps it might be a good idea to ask the recruiter to *ing draft you some.

Just quietly Harley Reid would be a good start to addressing this deficiency on our list.
He wins his own football as a defender , as a forward and as a midfielder.
Kids a competitor who has an intense hunger for the contest.

Just draft him.

Last edited:
Sadly I have to agree with most of this post.

Simpson and his Donkeys in the coaching box this season( actually the last two years ) , have looked totally bereft of knowing what to do to stop a run on of goals from the opposition.

I mean how the * do we concede 17 *ing goals in a row against the unwashed.
More concerning it’s not the first time this has happened this season.

Now I get that we have had some adversity at the selection table this year through injury.
BUT what the coaches are delivering in game plan is absolutely tripe.

Simpson laments that we aren’t winning enough ball at the contest and stoppages, we’ll maybe he should give our recruiters a bit of a flame as they have had a preference ( pre last years haul - Ginbey and Hewett ), to recruit outside mids that don’t have the adequate grunt to be effective at the coal face. To few of our players win the one on ones.

The apologists will say that we have been hampered by only having late draft picks due to sustained success, but there have been several hard nuts available with latter picks, however our recruiters have taken the athletic middle distance runners and guys with better skill sets, but unfortunately wilt under any real physical pressure.

I present two such examples: Foley and Rotham, look good on the trading track, but in the heat of battle they look like deer 🦌 in the headlights.
They would be more appropriately fitted with the Hawthorn brown shorts.

Despite what the apologist say, IMO our recruiters have for many years ( prior to last year draft ) have had a certain “ type “ that they favour in the draft, which on an individual basis can be argued and justified, however as a collective their unwillingness to draft player with a bit of “ James Hunt “ in them, has played a not insignificant role in us being smashed in contestant possession and stoppages for several years now.

Now I know the Sunday School Teachers here will defend fine character above all things : but I ask this question when was the last time we recruited someone like Beau Watters ? Of course it’s now history that’s well past, but the Sam Powell-Pepper’s of the various cohorts get passed over when we come to call out our draft names.

So Simpson if you are crying out for players, that can win the hard ball and win the one on one contests, perhaps it might be a good idea to ask the recruiter to *ing draft you some.

Just quietly Harley Reid would be a good start to addressing this deficiency on our list.
He wins his own football as a defender , as a forward and as a midfielder.
Kids a competitor who has an intense hunger for the contest.

Just draft him.

Fair point, I think Culley can be added to the list also.

Hewett, Ginbey, Reid, Culley with BBW rucking to them is actually a fair bit of hard nosed competitor in the midfield.

The issue arises when we have TK, Sheed, Gaff as our 3. Better hope that the ball falls in our lap in some space or we will be in a bit of trouble!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back