What was your highlight of the 2014 GF?

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at 84 as a youngster and there again in 2014 (as a much older youngster :D)................ and it was over well before half time this time around. Swans were never coming back.

In the 2013 GF with about 7 minutes to go, I had one eye on the clock seeing how much time was left and another on play where Freo were kicking themselves out of any chance of getting close. It got to around 90 seconds to go before I relaxed and said 'I think me got myself a premiership.' I leave nothing to chance.

I think once Suckling got his goal in the 3rd I relaxed and thought surely there is no comeback from here. Once Langford goaled I practically humped my best mate next to me. Good times.

Was very happy and confident at half-time but was still nervous just because it's a grand final and it's hard not to be.

I didn't relax until the final siren. Forever the worried supporter
I'm a 'Ain't over till the fat lady sings' kinda guy too. Though, in hindsight, the fat lady was singing halfway through the second, I just chose not to listen!

Funnily enough, in the 2013 GF, despite not celebrating until the final siren I never really felt like we were going to lose. Even when they got within 3 points at one stage.

I'm a 'Ain't over till the fat lady sings' kinda guy too. Though, in hindsight, the fat lady was singing halfway through the second, I just chose not to listen!

Funnily enough, in the 2013 GF, despite not celebrating until the final siren I never really felt like we were going to lose. Even when they got within 3 points at one stage.

Exactly the same as me. Even though they got within three.

Perhaps it was how intoxicated I was at the time, but during the first quarter when we were nailing targets in the wind with Freo trying to pressure us at 100% intensity, I knew we had it.

I didn't relax until the final siren. Forever the worried supporter

upload_2015-1-16_7-31-31.png
nervs.gif

Saw this on the AFL website today in regards to fantasy footy.
QFT bolded.

The Hawks left a bloody trail of Swan carcasses on the MCG for the groundsmen to clear before cricket season, and it’s the three chief destroyers from Grand Final day that you should be assessing for selection in your midfield.

Saw this on the AFL website today in regards to fantasy footy.
QFT bolded.

The Hawks left a bloody trail of Swan carcasses on the MCG for the groundsmen to clear before cricket season, and it’s the three chief destroyers from Grand Final day that you should be assessing for selection in your midfield.
Yes Loved this too! I was going to highlight it as well, but thank you Harry for putting it up.
Just brilliant the way it was worded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back