Get to know your Hawks Board posters better

Remove this Banner Ad

Reading through this, I think a new category - People you'd like to meet in a dark alley - is required.

People you'd like to meet in a dark alley: Gordon Ramsay, Donald Trump, Donald Trump Jr, Eric Trump, (Ivanka just needs a bitch slap), Tucker Carlson. I was going to say Conor McGregor but I may not win that one, even with a baseball bat.

Eldo - I would NEVER have admitted to playing golf.

Two hours with (1 on 1 rather than dinner party): Harry (would like to know wtf is really going on, but I think he is hard done by in the press)

Dinner party - definitely Rick Gervais and Tyson Fury

Claim to fame - met Elizabeth R, Phil the Greek, Charles (obnoxious SOB) and Diana (photos never did her beauty justice).

Fave player - tough one, but I think Peter Hudson.
Current player - Sicily
Next flag - 26-27
Non-afl player - Cameron Smith (met him, really nice guy, hawk supporter), Mark Waugh
Other teams - none really, but follow results of several without getting worked up. Any NBA team with an Aussie playing.

Pet hates - WWE, Karens, cauliflower, pumpkin and brussel sprouts and arsewipes on the net who have to criticise everything they read/hear

Age - I have forgotten, but I have been around so long I have turned into a perpetually cranky old fart - the original curmudgeon.

Reading through this, I think a new category - People you'd like to meet in a dark alley - is required.

People you'd like to meet in a dark alley: Gordon Ramsay, Donald Trump, Donald Trump Jr, Eric Trump, (Ivanka just needs a bitch slap), Tucker Carlson. I was going to say Conor McGregor but I may not win that one, even with a baseball bat.
I've ammended my OP

Jeez, feel for poor Gordo being lumped in with that cavalcade of douches. Maybe it's my Scottish lineage sympathising with him - Ramsay actually plays along with Uncle Roger on Youtube when some other celebrity chefs won't so I feel he must have a good sense of humour.

Claim to fame - met Elizabeth R, Phil the Greek, Charles (obnoxious SOB) and Diana (photos never did her beauty justice).

Lizzie opened my school in Canberra - she did tours of classrooms and we got drilled for weeks on the royal protocols. On the day she absolutely brushed me and talked to a kid at the next table. To add insult to injury there was a kid who looked a bit like me who she did speak to and he burst into tears - so the next day all these people kept asking me why I cried when talking to the queen. Not sure if that's where my republicanism started but it definitely ramped it up a notch.

H/W: 6'3 / 93
Married with 2 boys.
Fav Hawks player of all time: Cyril
Fav current Hawks player: Day & his new haircut
Fav GF: 2008
Favourite Ice Cream: On a stick - Bubble o Bill. In a tub - Valhalla Choc
Favourite Music at a Winery: INXS
Favourite TV Shows: Sopranos, Wire, Breaking Bad.
Favourite Summer: 69
Fav game ever attended: R21,1999 vs Geelong was amazing. (I missed my 3 fav games of AT).
Other Sports : really enjoying the NBL.
Other Interests : True Crime, playing footy, running, djing
Non AFL Fav Sportsperson : Josh Giddey
Dinner guests: Robin Williams, my grandmothers
Life claim to fame : was on a kids game show
Next Hawk Flag : 2027-2028 B2B

Life claim to fame : was on a kids game show

Which one? We are of similar vintage and I was on Total Recall back in the day. Funnily enough I went to a taping of Mad as Hell a few years back and Michael Pope, who hosted Total Recall and Blockbusters back in the day, was the warm up guy and asked the crowd if anyone had been on TV before. I put up my hand and said I had been on Total Recall and he was pretty embarrassed to hear it mentioned.

Which one? We are of similar vintage and I was on Total Recall back in the day. Funnily enough I went to a taping of Mad as Hell a few years back and Michael Pope, who hosted Total Recall and Blockbusters back in the day, was the warm up guy and asked the crowd if anyone had been on TV before. I put up my hand and said I had been on Total Recall and he was pretty embarrassed to hear it mentioned.

Big Square Eye.

I remember school assembly one morning we all put our name in the hat & I was drawn along with 12 others to be contestants for the days shooting. we thought we were ROCKSTARS.

the challenge I vaguely recall was getting around this obstacle course as quickly as possible. we had a test run & those that were not deemed good enough in rehearsal stood in the audience. I came 3rd from memory.

Jeez, feel for poor Gordo being lumped in with that cavalcade of douches. Maybe it's my Scottish lineage sympathising with him - Ramsay actually plays along with Uncle Roger on Youtube when some other celebrity chefs won't so I feel he must have a good sense of humour.

Lizzie opened my school in Canberra - she did tours of classrooms and we got drilled for weeks on the royal protocols. On the day she absolutely brushed me and talked to a kid at the next table. To add insult to injury there was a kid who looked a bit like me who she did speak to and he burst into tears - so the next day all these people kept asking me why I cried when talking to the queen. Not sure if that's where my republicanism started but it definitely ramped it up a notch.
I just can't stand Gordon Ramsey. I know a lot of it is out on for the show, but it is evident it is in his nature. Needs a good kick in the nuts.

I was a monarchist right up until Lizzie died. Now I am a confirmed republican. KCIII can go f*** himself. Would be better than that ugly scrag he has been doing.

I've ammended my OP
And a good amendment it is. Everyone involved in those reality shows should be lined up and shot. Throw in Real Housewives and all the rest. The wife might then spend her time a little more productively.

I just can't stand Gordon Ramsey. I know a lot of it is out on for the show, but it is evident it is in his nature. Needs a good kick in the nuts.

I was a monarchist right up until Lizzie died. Now I am a confirmed republican. KCIII can go f*** himself. Would be better than that ugly scrag he has been doing.

Watch his original stuff for the UK, (especially before he went to US) - the yank stuff was heavily influenced by the producers wanting "more" and he became a caricature.

Both he and Jamie had extreme personalities with their US stuff. They are both a lot more personable with their recent efforts that are closer to the original (targetting the UK audience, and/or Youtube)

Tell me more...... (especially Ghost Inside given the bus incident)

2014 Australian tour when they played regional areas. Legitimately couldn't believe they were coming through my town.
Rocked up to find the boys all outside the venue kicking a Sherrin. Regrettably I was too shy to offer up advice on how to kick it correctly.

Probably about 150 in attendance. Tiny stage, no security. One of those old fashioned hardcore shows where the audience is part of the band. Vigil gave me the mic for the breakdown at the end of Faith or Forgiveness ('I'll see you when the sun sets').
They finished the show by getting everybody to line up to give Vigil a hug and say thank you for coming to our city.

Luckily I remember all of this, because I ran the wrong way in the circle pit during I Killed The Prom Queen and got flattened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have heard first hand and read multiple confirming stories that he is actually a genuinely really nice guy and pretty down to earth. I can see why the TV personality doesn't give that off though.

Height: 170cm
Fav Hawks player: Platten / Crawford
Fav Current player: Worpel
Fav game attended: 2012 Prelim Hawks v Crows (attended)
Next Flag 2026
2023 Captain: Sicily
2023 V Captain: Worpel & Moore
2023 Coleman Medal: Lewis (78)
2023 Hawks rising star nominees MacKenzie & Weddle
2023 Premier: Lions

Other sporting teams: GS Warriors, Liverpool, Storm, Aussie Cricket team

7 People for Dinner: Don Rickles, George Carlin, Robin Williams, Rodney Dangerfield, Richard Prior, Dudley Moore, Mel Brooks

Celebrity Roast: Jesus

Disco or Rock: Disco

Meat or Veg: Meat

Flat Earth or Sphere: Sphere

Punch or mark from behind: Punch

Toilet Paper over or under: Under

Pizza with or without Pineapple: With

Meghan or Kate: Kate

Voice Yes or No: No

Dark or white Chocolate: White

Favorite Hawk player past: Cyril

Favorite Hawks player current: Will Day & CJ

Next Flag: This Year
This explains a lot of your posts.

Eldo - I would NEVER have admitted to playing golf.

Two hours with (1 on 1 rather than dinner party): Harry (would like to know wtf is really going on, but I think he is hard done by in the press)

Dinner party - definitely Rick Gervais and Tyson Fury

Fave player - tough one, but I think Peter Hudson.
Current player - Sicily
Next flag - 26-27
Non-afl player - Cameron Smith (met him, really nice guy, hawk supporter), Mark Waugh
Other teams - none really, but follow results of several without getting worked up. Any NBA team with an Aussie playing.

Pet hates - WWE, Karens, cauliflower, pumpkin and brussel sprouts and arsewipes on the net who have to criticise everything they read/hear

Age - I have forgotten, but I have been around so long I have turned into a perpetually cranky old fart - the original curmudgeon.
I met Charles as well, when I was nine, and he was very very nice to me. Took me all around his ship, (The HMS Jupiter) and helped me find my Teacher who had walked on with the class without me while I was in the toilet. (I know, I know - ....)

I met Charles as well, when I was nine, and he was very very nice to me. Took me all around his ship, (The HMS Jupiter) and helped me find my Teacher who had walked on with the class without me while I was in the toilet. (I know, I know - ....)
I'm sure you mean the head.

I have heard first hand and read multiple confirming stories that he is actually a genuinely really nice guy and pretty down to earth. I can see why the TV personality doesn't give that off though.
You do see that come through every once and awhile on his shows, especially when you can tell he is genuinely trying to help someone get the best out themselves.

Height: 180cm
Fav Hawks player of all time: Luke Hodge
Current fav Hawks player: Blake Hardwick
Fav game ever attended: 2013 Prelim
Other Sports: Soccer
Other Teams : Melbourne City, Reading FC
Non AFL Fav Sportsperson: Peter Crouch
3 dinner guests: Dave Grohl, Jimmy Carr, Peter Crouch
Dream past sporting event: Not sporting but would loved to ahve seen Nirvana play live.
Life claim to fame: Beating Jason Cloke in a marking contest in div 3 footy.
Next Hawk Flag : 2026

Height: 6"5 minus about 8 inches
Fav Hawks player of all time: our coach
Current fav Hawks player: Sic
Fav GF: 2014
Fav game ever attended: honestly, our 2021 win vs GWS. It was the first game I'd been to since lockdowns, went with my dad, and it felt we could finally be excited about our rebuild
Other Sports: NBA, cricket and dota 2
Other Teams : GSW
Non AFL Fav Sportsperson: Steph
3 dinner guests: ScarJo x3
Dream past sporting event: 89 GF
Life claim to fame: 12k listens to my band's song on Spotify lol
Next Hawk Flag : 2023

Height: 5'10"
Fave Hawk-All Time: Peter Hudson/Don Scott/Darren Jarman
Fave Hawk-Current: Changkuoth Jiath/Blake Hardwick/Conor Nash
Fave GF: 2008:D but all are wonderful
Best Game Attended: 1971 Grand Final. Don Scott's long goal sealed it!
Other Sports: Test Cricket(used to love boxing & soccer, but no more)
Other Teams: none. Only Hawthorn
Non AFL Sportsperson: Sir Garfield Sobers/'Sugar' Ray Leonard
3 Dinner Guests: Carl Sagan/Christopher Hitchens/Bill Hicks(+ Scarlett Johannson & Gal Gadot!)
Dream Past Sports Event: Marvin Hagler Vs Thomas Hearns (same as The Hands Of Stone)
Life Claim: In the 80's I met Bananarama and Werner Herzog!
Dark Alley Encounter:
The Fox news USA crew & the Sky After Dark team:mad:
Next Hawk Flag: 2026

Age - early 40s
Fave hawk all-time - JD
Fave current - Sicily / Day
Fave GF - 08 - only game ive ever cried and hugged strangers at. Still get goosebumps thinking about it. Plus I snuck in.
Best game attended - see above
Other sports - football/soccer
Teams - Liverpool
Non afl sportsperson - Robbie Fowler
3 dinner guests - Anthony Bourdain, Damon Albarn, Larry David
Life claim - got ****ed up with oasis once
Next flag - 2026

Don't mind it mate!

Height: 6'0
Favourite hawks player of all time: Sam Mitchell
Current favourite hawks player: Mitch Lewis
Fav GF: 2014
Other Sports: Cricket, NBA, NFL
Other Teams: Hobart Hurricanes, Eagles (NFL), Phoenix Suns (NBA)
Non AFL favourite sportsperson: Steve Smith
3 dinner guests: Steve Smith, Sam Mitchell, Gordon Ramsey
Next hawks flag: 2026

Age - 36

Height - 190cm

Favourite Hawk ever - Hodge

Current favourite Hawk - Sicily

Favourite Game in Attendance - 2014 GF

Favourite Sporting Moment - Arsenal's Invincible Season in 03/04 and the 2014 Flag.

Other Sports - NBA, NFL, World Game, Cricket.

Other Teams - Denver Nuggets (NBA) and Arsenal (EPL). I have no real team in the NFL, I find it less stressful to not be so invested. Though I'd say the Buffalo Bills are probably the team I root for the most ATM.

Non-AFL players -
NBA: Nikola Jokic (Nuggets), Hakeem the Dream (Rockets), Larry Bird (Celtics), Dwyane Wade (Heat).

NFL: Ed Reed (Ravens), Ray Lewis (Ravens), Patrick Mahomes (Chiefs), Aaron Rodgers (Packers), Aaron Donald (Rams).

Cricket: Mark Waugh, Carl Hooper, Damien Martyn, VVS Laxman, Brian Lara, Steve Smith, Ryan Harris, Mitchell Johnson.

Claim to fame - May have appeared on a few TV channels and Radio Shows due to a good Samaritan act back in 2021.
tall king

Remove this Banner Ad

Back