Get to know your Hawks Board posters better

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate of mine is 210cm and ~160kg and he’s gym fit. The nicest, friendliest guy you’ll ever meet also
Big cuddly teddy bears

I am not short myself at around 6 foot, but there's so many taller and it's ******* unreal to see them be more athletic than some others too, look at Weddle!!

tall kings just as important as short kings

Height: 6'2
Fav Hawks player of all time : The Chief, Jars (Darren) and Cyril
Current fav Hawks player : Mitch Lewis
Fav GF : 1989
Fav game ever attended : 1987/2013 prelims can’t split
Other Sports : Cricket , Darts, Snooker Horse Racing (can you tell I’m UK based)
Other Teams : N/A
Non AFL Fav Sportsperson : Phil Taylor & Ronnie O’Sullivan
3 dinner guests : Bill Burr Jordan Peterson John Kennedy Senior
Dream past sporting event : Knicks v heat brawls late 1990s
Life claim to fame : other than my daughter herald sun article for making Australian spelling finals at 14
Dark Alley choice: The View
Next Hawk Flag : 2026

Height: 6'1
Fav Hawks player of all time : Dunstall
Current fav Hawks player : Mitch Lewis
Fav GF : 2014
Fav game ever attended : Panasonic cup final at Waverley in 1988 against Geelong. Yes - weird answer - but where I first hung out with current best friend and we slagged on all the cars with cat scarves on the way home. Epic
Other Sports : Cricket
Other Teams : None
Non AFL Fav Sportsperson : Viv Richards
3 dinner guests : Rachel Maddow, John Stewart and Waleed Ali
Dream past sporting event : 1989 GF. So wish I went
Life claim to fame : Met Nelson Mandela at an airport once
Next Hawk Flag : 2025

Last edited:
Height: 4'1
Fav Hawks player of all time : Alle De Wolde
Current fav Hawks player : DGB
Fav GF : 1971
Fav game ever attended : Rnd 7 Hawks v Tigers 1992 (Waverley) Dunstall kicked 17 - needed two footy records to fill in the goals
Other Sports : golf , lawn bowls
Other Teams : Arsenal , Box Hill Hawks
Non AFL Fav Sportsperson : Cam Smith (golfer)
3 dinner guests : Strapping Young Lad , Allan Jeans , Harry (from the bowls club ; very funny prick, great stories)
Dream past sporting event : too many
Life claim to fame : none
Next Hawk Flag : 2024

Height: 6'0
Fav Hawks player of all time: Harry Miller or Grant Birchall
Current fav Hawk: Bruuuuuuest
Fav GF: 2008 - I was 14, had copped crap at school for years supporting Hawthorn, and it was just sweet justice
Fav Game ever attended - Hawthorn vs Adelaide Round 14 2017. Bit of an odd one, but we were dead last, coming off the bye, against the top side. Had no hope considering our earlier game at Adelaide Oval year against Port we were goalless at half time. Crom fans were all confident. We came out and beat them by 14 points and it was just such a great feeling.
Other sports - Soccer
Other teams - Sheffield Wednesday, Barnet, Adelaide United (soccer) Norwood FC & Palmerston Magpies FC (footy)
Non AFL Fav Sportsperson - Big Shaq
3 Dinner Guests - Have 0 friends so anyone brave enough to sit at a table with me and my kids
Dream past sporting event - Wish I'd been able to attend one of our flags in person
Life claim to fame - Jed Anderson beat me up in a game of junior footy, Nakia Cockatoo once kicked 8 on me, I kept Junior Rioli goalless and he threw his waterbottle on me
Next Hawk Flag - 2026

Fav Game ever attended - Hawthorn vs Adelaide Round 14 2017. Bit of an odd one, but we were dead last, coming off the bye, against the top side. Had no hope considering our earlier game at Adelaide Oval year against Port we were goalless at half time. Crom fans were all confident. We came out and beat them by 14 points and it was just such a great feeling.
I remember that, I remember Birch coming back and I tipped us in a single team / odds / margin based tipping comp on our AO form and his return. It gave me a lead which I held on to for the rest of the season. It was a very good game!

Height: AM: 188cm. PM: 186 cm

Fav Hawks player of all time : Peter Knights

Current fav Hawks player : Josh Ward

Fav GF : 1978. First one I saw (on the telly). Most satisfying GF would be a three way tie: 89, 08, 14.

Fav game ever attended : Hawthorn vs North, MCG in 1990 or 1991. Michael Tuck's 400th. It was a night game, the roof had been taken off the old southern stand, and there was a fair old breeze ripping through up there. We were waiting for Tucky to run through the big banner, and a goal umpire came out onto the field and ran through a much smaller banner (some game milestone for him). The non-footballing people in our party thought the goal ump was Tucky, and were massively underwhelmed.
Also a big highlight was one of the guys I was with had a look at the footy record and noted that Anthony Rock was in a forward pocket lined up against Gary Ayres, so the footy record had "Ayres Rock" noted down in a pocket.

Other Sports : Volleyball (former), CrossFit (current), hockey (former), tennis (former). Cricket is good to watch with a big basket of ironing.

Other Teams : Played hockey for MCC and maternal grandfather was a member (and used to billet country footy and cricket players), so I have a soft spot for Melbourne. Man U in EPL (son follows them so I sit up with him and try and stay awake)

Non AFL Fav Sportsperson : Peter Norman

3 dinner guests : Bertrand Russell, Rosa Parks, and the guy who does the "Goggo mobile" in the old Yellow Pages ad (just for the voice, but who knows, he might be really interesting). Noam Chomsky on the bench for when the voice guy's novelty wears off.

Dream past sporting event : 1956 water polo Hungary vs Soviet Union at the Melbourne Olympics. The game and the politics around it would be interesting in its own right, but I'd also love to nip out for a few hours and walk around Melbourne 1956 to see what it was like.

Life claim to fame : Once played a truckie on "Neighbours" who menaced Dr Karl in a pub. Gee, if that's my claim to fame then I need to lift my game. Can't believe I didn't think of this... a few years ago when we renovated our place we used recycled bricks. The pellets came with these little certificates stating where the bricks had been reclaimed from. One of the pellets which we used had "demolished outbuildings at Glenferrie Oval, City of Booroondara" as the source of the bricks. So our side wall and garage is made of bricks from the Holy of Holies.

Next Hawk Flag : 2026 or 2027. As long as it's in the 2020s so we can continue the "decade streak"!

The hands of stone : great idea for a thread, really enjoying it -- thanks!

Last edited:
I remember that, I remember Birch coming back and I tipped us in a single team / odds / margin based tipping comp on our AO form and his return. It gave me a lead which I held on to for the rest of the season. It was a very good game!
Yep, I was there too and it was an amazing feeling after seeing us kick 0.3 in a half of football not two weeks previous.

Yep, I was there too and it was an amazing feeling after seeing us kick 0.3 in a half of football not two weeks previous.
I had this lady from work tell me she was an Adelaide Oval member and gave me her tickets for the Port game - she forgot to mention that she's not an AO member, moreso a Port member who gets seats at AO. I was plum right in the middle of the Port supporters, and had to sit through the whole thing with them cheering around me etc. with no Hawks backup for a long way.

To their credit, not once did any of them gloat to me or stir me up. They saw it for what it was, and some even took the time out to give me a pat on the back and remind me how amazing a team we had been the previous 4 years and they'd take that in a heartbeat. First time I realised Port supporters are actually human beings

I had this lady from work tell me she was an Adelaide Oval member and gave me her tickets for the Port game - she forgot to mention that she's not an AO member, moreso a Port member who gets seats at AO. I was plum right in the middle of the Port supporters, and had to sit through the whole thing with them cheering around me etc. with no Hawks backup for a long way.

To their credit, not once did any of them gloat to me or stir me up. They saw it for what it was, and some even took the time out to give me a pat on the back and remind me how amazing a team we had been the previous 4 years and they'd take that in a heartbeat. First time I realised Port supporters are actually human beings
Yeah, a mate and I were on the hill behind the goalposts and the Port supporters there were a lot of fun.

Stark contrast to 2014 where I was in the Riverbank Stand completely surrounded by them and we gave them an enormous head start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Height: 6'2
Fav Hawks player of all time: Cyril or Sam.
Current fav Hawk: CJ/Brocky
Fav GF: 2008, M11 standing room. Dew kicked those goals and we had a mosh pit of beer and hugs.
Fav Game ever attended - As much as the anxiety of the last 3 minutes nearly killled me, the 2013 Prelim, and the subsequent jumping around and hugging my mates and random strangers after the siren had rung makes it number 1.
Other sports - Socceroos, passing interest in EPL, NBA, and occasionally NFL
Other teams - Tottenham, no set NBA team, Buffalo Bills due to Josh Allen being a good egg and the Bills connection to some ETID merch I have.
Non AFL Fav Sportsperson - Cathy Freeman
3 Dinner Guests - I would’ve said NGT, but Kermit made a good point.
Tosin Abasi, Trent Reznor, Devin Townsend would be cool, but I’m looking at others naming Hicks, Hitch, Burr and Carr and thinking that would be a good shout too.
Dream past sporting event - Cathy Freeman’s gold winning race in 2000. I watched it from the couch, will never forget that race. Still gives me goosebumps.
Life claim to fame - Not sure between miniscule sporting or music achievements, but I think footy related, a big night out of endless drink cards with Winnie Abraham, Pauly Vandenberg and Dean Rioli before Dean had played a senior game, after doing the photography for a Starlight foundation charity day. Winnie signed a Roos jumper as Wayne Carey, which was auctioned off that night. Some poor sucker thinks they have a Duck signed jumper, but it’s an Abraham forgery! Very memorable even decades later.
Next Hawk Flag - 2025

Life claim to fame - Not sure between miniscule sporting or music achievements, but I think footy related, a big night out of endless drink cards with Winnie Abraham, Pauly Vandenberg and Dean Rioli before Dean had played a senior game, after doing the photography for a Starlight foundation charity day. Winnie signed a Roos jumper as Wayne Carey, which was auctioned off that night. Some poor sucker thinks they have a Duck signed jumper, but it’s an Abraham forgery! Very memorable even decades later.

Dean Rioli is an incredibly nice and humble guy from my interaction with him a few years back.

Dean Rioli is an incredibly nice and humble guy from my interaction with him a few years back.
Yes , should have had a best experience/underrated good guy question

Mine probably Shane Watson , absolutely cracking guy despite what most opinion is of him .

Fav Hawks player of all time: Bud
Current fav Hawk: Scrimmers
Fav GF: 2014, absolute bliss in the first half. Hodgey putting in that goal off the kick in intercept was the sealer and it was still the second quarter. Amazing
Fav Game ever attended - 2013 Prelim. Hadn’t missed a Hawks Cats game since the Round 17 2008 game, so saw every loss in that Kennett curse in person. That all so familiar feeling at 3/4 time was flipped on its head in 30 mins of brilliance. As lots have said, I can’t remember hugging so many random people ever
Other sports - Boomers, NBA, F1’s
Other teams - LA Clippers
Non AFL Fav Sportsperson - Kawhi Leonard
3 Dinner Guests - Clarko, Kevin Feige, George Lucas
Dream past sporting event - 2016 Game 7 NBA Finals
Life claim to fame - In 2004, I got to run out the banner as a kid when we played the Dogs at Marvel. Except I made a fool of myself and tripped over! See below for a good laugh
8491A744-42A7-4677-BD41-2545F7B7C606.jpeg
Next Hawk Flag - 2026

Fav Hawks player of all time: Bud
Current fav Hawk: Scrimmers
Fav GF: 2014, absolute bliss in the first half. Hodgey putting in that goal off the kick in intercept was the sealer and it was still the second quarter. Amazing
Fav Game ever attended - 2013 Prelim. Hadn’t missed a Hawks Cats game since the Round 17 2008 game, so saw every loss in that Kennett curse in person. That all so familiar feeling at 3/4 time was flipped on its head in 30 mins of brilliance. As lots have said, I can’t remember hugging so many random people ever
Other sports - Boomers, NBA, F1’s
Other teams - LA Clippers
Non AFL Fav Sportsperson - Kawhi Leonard
3 Dinner Guests - Clarko, Kevin Feige, George Lucas
Dream past sporting event - 2016 Game 7 NBA Finals
Life claim to fame - In 2004, I got to run out the banner as a kid when we played the Dogs at Marvel. Except I made a fool of myself and tripped over! See below for a good laugh
View attachment 1591187
Next Hawk Flag - 2026
Sniper Mitchell strikes again I see.

Edit: best hawks game ever I just rewatched on YouTube, round 6 1989 v cats. As molly would say if you don’t recall or dont know about it, do yourself a favour

Peter McKenna at the end of the game : “Who’s gonna beat them, seriously, who?”

Loved McKenna, was one of the best commentators ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Back