Autopsy Round 2, 2024: Hawks go to hell

Remove this Banner Ad

First quarter was a debacle, and it didn’t get any better from there.

Midfield soundly smashed, couldn’t win any clean ball all day.

Go at it.

Disappointing day all round, Chol, Ginni were impressive again.

Nice to see the Wizard get his first

The midfield group and especially Newk have been absolutely horrendous.

Reeves looks lost

Finn is not an AFL footballer.

I don't profess to be a footy genius but how about next week we play our best wingman on the wing, our best small defender as a small defender and our best CHF as a CHF.

Maybe that's too cute for our selection committee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pain ...

688345134433173531.png

At least the new lads in Chol, Ginni and Mass look solid...

But some of our lads in the top 10 last year have forgotten that the season started last week. Where did they go?

First quarter was a debacle, and it didn’t get any better from there.

Midfield soundly smashed, couldn’t win any clean ball all day.

Go at it.
Normally I read the game day thread and think we have some strange supporters. All the vitriol today was justified. Two steps back today. It's a concern

Bad coaching again today.

Bad kicking again today.

Bad umpiring far more obvious today.

And just overall not a very good effort, save for a few.

Good to see the new guys putting in good performances. Chol today, D'Ambrosio last week, Ginnivan with two good games. Watson showing plenty.

But it calls into question the motivation of the rest of the team. I don't think it's a confidence thing alone. And if it is, it's poor man management by the coaching staff.

We look weak, afraid to tackle, afraid to take risks, unsure where our teammates are, and just generally like a bottom 2 side right now.

I had no expectations of a win today, and we had patches of parity. But this is a second absolutely rubbish performance in two weeks. I hoped to see some progress from younger players, from last year's promising moments. So far it's mostly been embarrassing lowlights.

Just like last years thrashings stalled most of the year, we're headed on a similar trajectory again, at best.

We don't play like a well drilled team. Errors, poor kicking for goal, loose defence etc. etc. What the hell did they do preseason and what goes on during the week? Just look at how disciplined and committed St Kilda plays. Everyone has brought into Lyon's vision. Geelong will destroy us next week. Looking at 100+ points loss.

There are moments when you can see it all coming together, when the future looks exceedingly bright; but that 10% isn't gonna win games right now

I hate being negative, but I just can't see which team we can actually beat this season

There is still PLENTY of work to be done and I do believe we will get there. We are a loooooong way off though

That was terrible. The scoreboard flattered us too, especially with May and Lever off. Melbourne eased off to save us from total embarrassment.

Dreadful start to the year by the coach, the captain and other important players like Lewis and Newcombe.

We can shift fringe and young players around at selection but while the coach and star players stink it up, we’re not winning games.

Thanks to my wife for getting covid.

That felt a lot more than the scoreline. Hard to watch

Got pushed off the Ball pretty easily but that will happen with young bodies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back