Autopsy Round 2, 2024: Hawks go to hell

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you may be losing your mind if you think that was the worst. Do you not remember the Port game last year?
Also from last year:
After quarter time against Dons round 1
All of the Swans game round 2
After half time against Cats round 4

After half time against Cats round 4
3rd quarter

22 inside 50s to 1 (which was immediately marked by a Cat and out again in 5 seconds)

65 points to nothing.

Saturday wasn't even close. I think Davo23 justs likes hyperbole...

3rd quarter

22 inside 50s to 1 (which was immediately marked by a Cat and out again in 5 seconds)

65 points to nothing.

Yep, that was about as close as you could get to answering the question of how would a VFL side go against an AFL side.

3rd quarter

65 points to nothing.

He has plenty of friends on this board in the past couple of weeks.

Was it really worse than round 14 2009?
I had a feeling this was the Bulldogs game at Docklands so I looked it up, 4 to 88 at half time with a premiership team, yes this was pathetic. There was some pretty horrible games during the Crawshay years, however I agree last Saturday’s first quarter was right up there as bad as it gets in the last 20 years.

I had a feeling this was the Bulldogs game at Docklands so I looked it up, 4 to 88 at half time with a premiership team, yes this was pathetic. There was some pretty horrible games during the Crawshay years, however I agree last Saturday’s first quarter was right up there as bad as it gets in the last 20 years.
Why you gotta do "The Crawsh" dirty like that!

3rd quarter

65 points to nothing.

Some of the smashings we copped last year were so bad I honestly think most of us wiped them from our memories.

Last week's first quarter didn't compare to those games in terms of being outplayed but as a spectacle, I was at the game, and it looked a lot worse live than on the telly.

Anyway credit to Sam that he recalibrated at quarter time, it's good that he had the guts to admit it wasn't working and try something else.

I think you may be losing your mind if you think that was the worst. Do you not remember the Port game last year?
Remember, Davo logged in after Round 1 to slam Ginnivan for not doing anything.

What bad take is he going to run with this week?

I’ve been a Hawk supporter for many years, through the bad times and the good times, I can say that was the worst quarter of football I’ve ever seen a Hawthorn team play. I was with 2 Hawk supporters: we were just looking at each other saying “what the hell is going on?”

At one stage someone called out “they’re up to 50 marks” - it was embarrassing!

Now I read on here that Melbourne is the greatest club, Gawne is one of the all time great ruckmen, we had to play that way to avoid him

Really?

It’s all on the coach: don’t blame the players.

Davo, you’ve had a few detractors following your post. They’ve mentioned other games where, in their opinion, we had worst quarters than last week’s.

But I agree with you - because I’ve never seen a Hawthorn side so afraid to kick or run the ball into their forward half. I can wear it (unhappily) when we get a thrashing now and then. But can’t tolerate, and won’t watch a game, when we’re just frankly too scared to go forward.

The measuring stick for me is this - what would Kennedy senior or Jeans thought of that first quarter effort?

I know the subject has been done to death and Mitch has apologised, but for me the jury’s still out until I see our performance in the next few weeks. There’s a lot of demerit points we have to make up because at the moment we’re the laughing stock.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back