Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

my fave movie of all time

Extraordinary fillum. De Palma and Mamet seemed like the perfect marriage. Spectacular...

Just like a wop to bring a knife to a gun fight.

Oh, man, that gets me every time. Especially when Morricone kicks in. And Malone's still working the case with his last breath.

"What're you prepared to do?"

Frank. F@%king. Nitti.

Last edited:
Extraordinary fillum. De Palma and Mamet seemed like the perfect marriage. Spectacular...

Oh, man, that gets me every time. Especially when Morricone kicks in. And Malone's still working the case with his last breath.

"What're you prepared to do?"

Frank. F@%king. Nitti.

so emotional right now

Ex-Machina - Other than I knew it was sci-fi and had Gleeson and Isaac in it, didn't know anything about it. Expected something broad and noisy, pleasantly surprised with what actually transpired. Predictably I thought the third act was the weakest part, but still interesting enough. 7/10

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.

So depressing, flat, miserable........................so I turned off the game and watched this movie for the first time.
Kicking myself for leaving it alone because of all those terrible reviews when it opened up and had completely forgotten about its existence.
Didn't have quite as many highs as some of Lynch's others but when the right moment opens up, he just nails it. 7.5/10

The new series will be...................well, who knows?

Just on Lynch and for those that haven't seen it, it's quite brilliant :)

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.

So depressing, flat, miserable........................so I turned off the game and watched this movie for the first time.
Kicking myself for leaving it alone because of all those terrible reviews when it opened up and had completely forgotten about its existence.
Didn't have quite as many highs as some of Lynch's others but when the right moment opens up, he just nails it. 7.5/10

The new series will be...................well, who knows?

Just on Lynch and for those that haven't seen it, it's quite brilliant :)

movies on/in phones, planes, cars et al are all an abomination, Lynchy nailed it.

Independence Day - yep, bubblegum sci/fi action that is so cheesy it's good and what "Guardians of the Galaxy" should have been.. Could watch over and over. Cant wait for the sequel next year. 7/10 :thumbsu:

Independence Day - yep, bubblegum sci/fi action that is so cheesy it's good and what "Guardians of the Galaxy" should have been.. Could watch over and over. Cant wait for the sequel next year. 7/10 :thumbsu:
There's a sequel? I didn't go to the cinema for 2 years after sitting though the 1st one. It never occurred to me that it was satire.

There's a sequel? I didn't go to the cinema for 2 years after sitting though the 1st one. It never occurred to me that it was satire.
Sequel next year apparently. Hopefully they don't go too slapstick alla 'Starship Troopers' and keep it somewhat "serious" for the next generation to enjoy also.

I mean seriously, watching Jeff Goldblum trying to keep a straight face the first time was entertaining enough. But watching the up 'n coming Will Smith take himself so seriously was even better... Gold. :thumbsu:

Sequel next year apparently. Hopefully they don't go too slapstick alla 'Starship Troopers' and keep it somewhat "serious" for the next generation to enjoy also.

I mean seriously, watching Jeff Goldblum trying to keep a straight face the first time was entertaining enough. But watching the up 'n coming Will Smith take himself so seriously was even better... Gold. :thumbsu:
Just looked at the synopsis. No Will Smith and they're talking character development and interpersonal relationships.
Nah needs the female lead to be a hot werewolf who kicks alien butt before I'm watching.

I'm watching "coming to america" for the umpteenth time and something just dawned on me. The chick the prince wants, fell for the bullshit of a two bit Brooklyn con man, the rest of her family are real freaks. Who would want that as a queen of your country?

The British would never marry something from coronation street. Um, okay, they won't do that again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm watching "coming to america" for the umpteenth time and something just dawned on me. The chick the prince wants, fell for the bullshit of a two bit Brooklyn con man, the rest of her family are real freaks. Who would want that as a queen of your country?

The British would never marry something from coronation street. Um, okay, they won't do that again.
Yeah but bro, "Soul Glo"...

The Man Who Knew Too Little

I only just watched it for the first time today. Is this one of the most underrated comedies ever? Murray's delivery borders on perfection as he obliviously wanders through the movie. The way he waves the gun around believing it's a prop almost brought me to tears. I highly recommend if you're a Murray fan or like spy spoofs.

The Secret in Their Eyes (2009): Don't make a lot of films like this these days where a serious plot line is handled so gently. Made me feel like I was watching something by Tornatore or something. Second time viewing it. Good film. 8/10

While I found the film as a whole good if not particularly exceptional, the scene at the soccer match is one of the best ever. Was so impressed by that when I caught it in the cinema, tried to figure out how they made it happen.

Went to see The Woman In Gold starring Ryan Reynolds & Helen Mirren, yesterday. Was more or less dragged there by the bride, but have to say I enjoyed it. 7/10.

That scene in dumb and dumber to when the cat licks the meth tray then goes for a ride on the ceeling fan.......

Funniest thing in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back