Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

Sometimes I think the very best movies - the really great ones - they are the ones that don't waste time, they make the most out of every single shot of film - I think this flick fits into my parameters for "great movie". Tomas Alfredson masterfully squeezes the life out of every frame. It's such a beautiful movie to watch, just soaked in gooey retro goodness. And Alfredson also manages strong performances from a great ensemble - but the standout is (obviously) Gary Oldman (duh, he won an Oscar). There's this one closeup of Oldman's face midway through, where he displays like a bajillion emotions in ten seconds - it was amazing.
The story wasn't all that - but the execution, on all parts, was top-notch.

5 stars!

I've had this movie sitting around for ages, but for some reason haven't bothered to watch it.

You've now convinced me!

It's a top-notch film, but if you've read the book you're bound to be disappointed. They had to cut a massive portion of the plot out in order to make it work as a feature film. Makes for a much less engrossing story (although it's still brilliant).

just a heads up, it is extremely slow, reminded me of a 70's film the way it was shot, i loved it to death, but it isn't a Guy Ritchie slick film

It's a top-notch film, but if you've read the book you're bound to be disappointed. They had to cut a massive portion of the plot out in order to make it work as a feature film. Makes for a much less engrossing story (although it's still brilliant).

Didn't know this, im sure it affected the film but thank god they did because...

just a heads up, it is extremely slow, reminded me of a 70's film the way it was shot, i loved it to death, but it isn't a Guy Ritchie slick film

It's painfully slow... Wonderful to look at, well acted but hard to get through.

Withnail and I - one of the best films i've seen in ages!

[YOUTUBE]q0DytHBjGTQ&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]6pqFI8_LOmI[/YOUTUBE]

omg, uncle monty is so creepy :D

[YOUTUBE]h622eyNHHQ8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Superman 1

This time i watched the old ones in full and was Shocked how good Christopher Reeve was. I heard he was good in didn't expect him to be that good. He was the best superman i've seen ahead of Dean Cain who is great in the tv series.

There Will Be Blood

Wow.

I watched There Will Be Blood whilst doing something else and so think I really missed a good flick. Do you think if you don't have full concentration you will miss this movie and I should give it another go?

Daniel Day Lewis was fantastic but is the most overrated actor of all time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched Iron Sky.

Surprisingly enjoyed this movie, nothing spectacular, but then again you don’t expect it to be. Not a bad flick. 7/10

Is that the nazis on the moon one? Hehe looks fun.

Yeah, its quite an unusual flick, but good for a bit a entertainment. Somehow the odd concept of Nazi’s living on the moon works. :p

I watched There Will Be Blood whilst doing something else and so think I really missed a good flick. Do you think if you don't have full concentration you will miss this movie and I should give it another go?

Daniel Day Lewis was fantastic but is the most overrated actor of all time

I call bullshit.

Safe House - Really good at times, really predictable at others. Loved the first half of the movie but you knew who the bad guys were and what was gonna happen. 5/10

Star 80

I missed the first hour, unfortunately, but I saw enough (and I know enough about the real story) to enjoy it. Eric Roberts' performance is unforgettable. Seriously. Paul Snider was the role Eric Roberts was born to play.
Mariel Hemingway wasn't bad as Dorothy Stratten, either.

There are perhaps many avenues this movie could have - or failed to - explore but I enjoy anything with Eric Roberts, and this movie was pretty much all him.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Downfall

Great movie, very harrowing. Bruno Ganz as Hitler is terrifying. I'm not sure if this counts as a spoiler cause it's history but I'll spoiler-mark it anyway Highlight to reveal---> The scene where Goebbels' wife kills her kids is horrific but probably the best scene of the movie.

Just because of Gangs Of New York doesn't make him ove-rated. Yes it was an abomination but he still has some awesome portfolio. I would say he isn't as good as beat up to be, but he IS very good.

i thought he was brilliant in that. i think that's probably the only daniel day-lewis film i've seen to be honest. i had to look up imdb to see what he's been in, and i found it strange that he's only been in 4 films in the last 10 years (or since 1997) with another 2 still yet to come out.

anyway, seen blade: trinity tonight. 8/10 i reckon ryan reynolds adds a decent dimension to the film with his humour. parker posey is smoking hot in it too. chicks dressed up like vampires like that really do it for me. kate beckinsale in underworld is another. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back