Movie What's the last movie you saw? (7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Neither Barbie or Oppenheimer have arrived on a streaming service, a full seven or eight months after their cinema release. This seems to be the absolute extreme time limit, most movies drop somewhere between three to six months later.
Most extreme I’ve known tbh.

Been wanting to watch Oppenheimer for the longest time. New releases normally drops on Binge by the 3-4 month mark after release

Absolutely ripping off people with these two movies.

Neither Barbie or Oppenheimer have arrived on a streaming service, a full seven or eight months after their cinema release. This seems to be the absolute extreme time limit, most movies drop somewhere between three to six months later.
I'm sure I saw Oppenheimer on one of them.

The Equalizer 3… as a stand-alone action film, it’s fine. But given they announced beforehand that it was the ‘third and final film’, I expected some kind of reckoning with his life. While he looks at this small Italian town as a place to retire, it doesn’t really explore the character much more than that.

Also, having rewatched the first film before this, the villain in that was menacing. This one is a little pathetic.

It’s best in the quiet moments and there’s quite a few of them. There’s menace and intrigue in a few conversations that are fun. But ultimately, it’s a action film that’s light on action or risk to the main character. 6.5/10.

Bought Barbie on DVD. Literally cheaper than online services.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

They’re on Foxtel for $5 ..have been for a while. Not sure if on Kayo

American Fiction (prime) - very enjoyable social satire/drama, would recommend. 7.5/10

Have now seen all the Oscar best picture nominees, have to say an incredibly strong slate this year. Very rare that I enjoy so many of them.

Elite tier

Poor Things
Oppenheimer
The Zone of Interest
Killers of the Flower Moon

Solid 8/10s

Past Lives
Anatomy of a Fall
The Holdovers

Really entertaining 7.5/10s

American Fiction
Barbie

Couldn't finish it

Maestro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heat

Hmmm. Odd one here.

This is a movie I never fully watched, but had seen all the parts from over the years, and based on that, I never hesitated to recommend to anybody and rate as a 9 at the lowest, probably 9.5.

Having finally properly seen it, I dunno, it didn't quite hit it to expectations for a sit down start to finish watch. It's hard to explain. All the parts just as good as I remember, a great story, acting, iconic scenes, good characters, fantastically atmospheric... but something just didn't click. It's still very bloody good though, but just seems a little less than the sum of it's parts. I can't articulate it any more effectively right now.

8.5/10

Heat

Hmmm. Odd one here.

This is a movie I never fully watched, but had seen all the parts from over the years, and based on that, I never hesitated to recommend to anybody and rate as a 9 at the lowest, probably 9.5.

Having finally properly seen it, I dunno, it didn't quite hit it to expectations for a sit down start to finish watch. It's hard to explain. All the parts just as good as I remember, a great story, acting, iconic scenes, good characters, fantastically atmospheric... but something just didn't click. It's still very bloody good though, but just seems a little less than the sum of it's parts. I can't articulate it any more effectively right now.

8.5/10
Watched this end of last year for the first time and felt the same. It almost feels run of the mill for that type of film in this era.

Spaceman (2024). Netflix.

Adam Sandler goes on a solo mission to investigate a strange cloud near Jupiter. He meets an alien. Not much happens, slowly. I saw an estimated budget of $40,000,000. If that's true I can only think there's money laundering involved.

3/10.

Babylon - Prime

I finally got around to watching this. I have always been fascinated by the legends of Hollywood and by legends I mean the tales that become myths

I loved Kenneth Angers Hollywood Babylon - even with all the lies and gossip - so I approached this hoping for set pieces to show up and hints were there

But ultimately the film had no point. Unless I missed it - maybe it should have started as it ended with Manny in the theatre then we look back. It was frenetic and whirling and didnt have a safe anchor to moor to.

I like my movies to have at least some form of A to B to C but this didnt

Still visually stunning and well acted but ehh

6/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back