Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chicken tendies

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Steak and mushroom pie

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sugar is my biggest and at the moment, thankfully, only vice.

I have not had a cigarette in more than a decade.

I only drink socially and can go weeks and months without one, no problems.

But sugar - Jesus.

The amount of problems it’s caused me.

I have been skinny and overweight in equal amount of time during my adult life, all depending on how well I’m handling my sugar addiction.

Covid has not been good for me, but pleased to say at the moment I’m in a weight loss period and almost at my skinniest since I was in my early 20’s.

It’s not easy, especially as you get older.
Luckily for me I don't have the sugar thing. Even though I like coco pops... I never buy anything from the sugary aisles at the supermarket. Anything like that is more a situational treat.. like if someone brings lollies to a picnic or something. Or sometimes they have cocopops at a hotel breakfast I'm staying at :D

My thing is drinking while also eating fatty/processed food. Nothing better than a burger and a few pints at the pub, however it's a double whammy as you're getting the unhealthy food and the alcohol stuffs with your metabolism at the same time. I do try to limit how much I do that though. I don't think I'm overweight as such but I definitely gain all my weight around my gut. Definitely much harder to keep off since I stopped playing footy.

Sugar is my biggest and at the moment, thankfully, only vice.

I have not had a cigarette in more than a decade.

I only drink socially and can go weeks and months without one, no problems.

But sugar - Jesus.

The amount of problems it’s caused me.

I have been skinny and overweight in equal amount of time during my adult life, all depending on how well I’m handling my sugar addiction.

Covid has not been good for me, but pleased to say at the moment I’m in a weight loss period and almost at my skinniest since I was in my early 20’s.

It’s not easy, especially as you get older.

Yeah, me too. I would be scared to log my weekly dietary intake. I eat plenty of fruit and vegies, go easy on the protein, keep (fairly) active, as with you generally drink socially and can also go for extended periods without it. But sugar, man I can't go without it. Every now and then I manage to reduce my dependence, but cereal, coffee, tea all have too much sugar in my world, cakes, chocolate, biscuits.

Is there an SA help group? "My name is footscray1973 and I've been addicted to sugar ever since I can remember..."

(Still, could be worse, I used to work with a young (early-mid 20s) Asian-born chap who would put 7-8 sugars in coffee AND hot chocolate!)

Dude. Bahn mi is so ******* good.
Where's your best bahn mi?

There's a place on Bourke St near Southern Cross that does a pretty mean one. Fairly cheap too for city prices.

Mister Truong's in Brunswick is very solid also.

I'm sure there'd be plenty of great places in the West for bahn mi... I really should head over there for eating more often.

Last edited:
Where's your best bahn mi?

There's a place on Bourke St near Southern Cross that does a pretty mean one. Fairly cheap too for city prices.

Also Mister Truong's in Brunswick is very solid also.

I'm sure there'd be plenty of great places in the West for bahn mi... I really should head over there for eating more often.

There's a Vietnamese bakery opposite the Footscray Market, Nhu Lan, long queues there every lunchtime, all waiting for their bahn mi. Best in the West.

Apart from bahn mi, if you like phờ the place to go is the Hung Vuong (also in Hopkins St). The most wonderful noodle soups imaginable. The broth is like ambrosia, the noodles like silk and the beef or chicken, along with the basil, sprouts, lemon, chili, spring and pickled onions, make for a true culinary experience. 😋

Talking about weight has anyone here typed in their age, height and gender to get your ideal weight??
Jesus i need to lose about 15kg and I'm not a fatty.

How does everyone feel about dill?
I love it, especially with smoked fish. Yeah, I know... salmon had to mention it.

Unfortunately for me, dill proves that you are what you eat.

Thread needs more Mission
Yeah, was gonna say. Notwithstanding that they seem to be a good sponsor, I would have thought Mexican food would be more popular. Maybe it's just nacho cup of tea. Anyway you shouldn't eat it while you're driving, that's just chili con carnage.

I love it, especially with smoked fish. Yeah, I know... salmon had to mention it.

Unfortunately for me, dill proves that you are what you eat.

Yeah I'm a huge fan. My missus makes a nice dill sauce that goes beautifully with salmon. I was listening to a bit of talk radio the other day and someone called in saying she hates dill and the three hosts all agreed. I couldn't believe it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of great suggestions here…apart from the coco pops, obviously.

Brie and quince paste on crackers.
Rare fillet steak.
Apple crumble and custard.

My biggest vice would probably be nuts and chips (crisps to those more discerning) with beer. It really is amazing that I’m able to keep my figure. Think Easton Wood with better thighs.

There's a Vietnamese bakery opposite the Footscray Market, Nhu Lan, long queues there every lunchtime, all waiting for their bahn mi. Best in the West.

Apart from bahn mi, if you like phờ the place to go is the Hung Vuong (also in Hopkins St). The most wonderful noodle soups imaginable. The broth is like ambrosia, the noodles like silk and the beef or chicken, along with the basil, sprouts, lemon, chili, spring and pickled onions, make for a true culinary experience. 😋

nhu lan used to be in richmond. their loss is Footscrays gain.

One day a woman well over 6 ft comes in and orders from one of the four tiny vietnamese ladies. Shes just towering above her and they all start giggling and making comments in vietnamese, and its infectious and pretty soon the whole line of people waiting to order is laughing, even though we dont understand a word

Lots of great suggestions here…apart from the coco pops, obviously.

Brie and quince paste on crackers.
Rare fillet steak.
Apple crumble and custard.

My biggest vice would probably be nuts and chips (crisps to those more discerning) with beer. It really is amazing that I’m able to keep my figure. Think Easton Wood with better thighs.
Love quince paste with good cheese!

So you’re thin?

I know it’s weird but going from your profile pic I assumed you are a bit porky - even though I know that is Danny De Vito.

Still miss pickled onion monster munch crisps from the Uk.

Love quince paste with good cheese!

So you’re thin?

I know it’s weird but going from your profile pic I assumed you are a bit porky - even though I know that is Danny De Vito.

Still miss pickled onion monster munch crisps from the Uk.
I hadn’t really thought about the image of myself that I’m projecting on here. Danny DeVito certainly does have an extraordinary physique. My own is much more mundane. Im less Easton Wood, more Zaine Cordy. Bang average I’d say.

Monster Munch are a fantastic crisp. The Flaming Hot ones were my favourite. My favourite crisps are sadly no longer made. Brannigan’s Roast Beef and Mustard. God I could cry I miss them that much.

Back