When does west coast and adam simpson start to face criticism

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well big Coxy's got a huge nose but that doesn't mean he's an elephant! Darling could be the best runner in the entire AFL for all the good it is . But he has NFI where and when to run - especially defensively. Proof's in the pudding you clown.

Mundy didn't have much clue either, took him a couple of years to work it out. It is a skill that can be gained.

Football smarts won't be Jack's undoing as a midfielder, agility and one touch below the knees could be.

i cannot believe how much of a free hit west coast have been given by the media and their supporters. on two fronts:
1) the current coaching, more specifically team selection
2) the list management, the development of players and the football dept structure

Team Selection
for the most part of the year west coast have gone in far too tall. at the start of the year they were playing three ruckman and seemed to be carrying nic nat through games. i suspect due to a delayed pre-season or perhaps due to injury. more recently their last two home games have been in very poor wet and cold conditions, in which they named fwd lines consisting of:
Round 16 V Sydney (Weather warning issued, high winds/rain): Lycett (203cm Ruck), Cox (203cm Resting Ruck), Jack Darling (191+ cm CHF), Kennedy (196cm FF), McGovern (195cm FWD), Lecras(183cm FWD).
Round 18 V Richmond (heavy rain): Nic Nat (201cm Ruck), Cox (203cm Resting Ruck), Jack Darling (191+ cm CHF), Kennedy (196cm FF), McGovern (195cm FWD), Lecras(183cm FWD). Add to this a tall backline against a side that isnt overly tall or threatening.

All when, west coast midfield is struggling for depth and run. Its amplified the problem. Add the conditions and theyre effectively gave sydney and richmond a free hit. When does the selection decisions start to be questioned?

List Management, Development of Players and the Football Dept
At the end of 2010 the eagles finished last during the off-season, they replaced their list manager with craig vozzo, an adelaide based player manager and lawyer, with no football or list management experience. In 2011 the previous years drafting and trades saw their young players take them from last on the ladder to 4th, if they kept addressing their needs and were diligent at the trade and draft table the upward trajectory should have continued. in comes Vozzo and since then he has let players go for relatively cheap (ebert, steven), paid overs for players that did not address their needs (wellingham, hill), failed to capitalize on the draft (too overly obsessed with mediocre west australian talent) and has turned away trades that would have seen them acquire the players they needed (Pick 24 + Pick 25 + Cripps for Brown). they have topped up on outside players and small to medium fwds without addressing the glaring obvious issue with in and under midfielders as well as speed on the outside. fast fwd to 2014 and it looks like the eagles will once again miss the 8 for the 2nd year in a row.

so what did this disastrous list management get vozzo...a promotion...to run the football dept. a football dept that has seen their coaching ranks lack experience and the development of their younger players stall if not go backwards.

: WOW

west coast are not short of money, so its not as if they dont have the resources to acquire the best. from recruitment to coaching to football dept. so when does west coast start to attract criticism from those in the media and more importantly their members, on what they are dishing up for what they spend.
Eagerly awaiting your thread titled "when does Adam Simpson and the Eagles start to earn credit?"

Or do you only make threads about west coast that stick the boot in?

lol at OP letting loose half a season into a rookie coaches first year.

What a true idiot hahah

I love Simpson and the way he conducts himself and flies under the radar....this is my kinda coach.

Eagerly awaiting your thread titled "when does Adam Simpson and the Eagles start to earn credit?"

A bit rich isn't it? There is a long running thread on your board which actively hangs s**t on your best midfielder, the reigning Brownlow medallist. Meanwhile Eagles fans were ready to sack Simpson after the Derby this year.

A bit rich isn't it? There is a long running thread on your board which actively hangs s**t on your best midfielder, the reigning Brownlow medallist. Meanwhile Eagles fans were ready to sack Simpson after the Derby this year.

theres a reason why he's come into this thread...might have something to do with his jeremy howe post on the weekend

did you read the thread? its been a while. i havent been keeping tabs on it but i think myself and eagles supporters came to the conclussion adam simpson needed more time but vozzo definitely had to go

More than a couple.
For Priddis yes, for Simpson a few posters, with the caveat being a proportion are the same person

The same was true of Lyon, I still remeber the fireworks post hire and early into that season. As I said on your board when the news broke, ballsiest move the club has made, surprising how much angst there was ( I feel for Harves though)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said on your board when the news broke
LOL.

There were pages of angst about Simpson, Gepp, Nisbett, etc after the Derby loss. More than one person. Someone was pushing to have a members takeover of the board - or something to that effect.

LOL.

There were pages of angst about Simpson, Gepp, Nisbett, etc after the Derby loss. More than one person. Someone was pushing to have a members takeover of the board - or something to that effect.

Some Fremantle supporters gave your greatest ever player bronx cheers.

Some fans are idiots, move on.

LOL.

Nisbett and Gepp, not Simpson. There are two Simpson haters, one poster who hates everything and a couple of dead accounts.

This was less extreme than the 6 month explosion of anger that was the Freo board post Lyon hire. Even well into the first season it was a board divided.

Hardly uncommon. Some coaches get a grace period, but most boards have resident nutters or antagonisers and not everyone performs as well as Beveridge early on.

Nisbett and Gepp, not Simpson. There are two Simpson haters, one poster who hates everything and a couple of dead accounts.

So now it's more than a couple. Cheers.

This was less extreme than the 6 month explosion of anger that was the Freo board post Lyon hire. Even well into the first season it was a board divided.

I'm not sure what relevance the Lyon appointment has to do with the meltdown over Simpson after the Derby.

Hardly uncommon. Some coaches get a grace period, but most boards have resident nutters or antagonisers and not everyone performs as well as Beveridge early on.
All coaches are eventually sacked.

So now it's more than a couple. Cheers.

I'm not sure what relevance the Lyon appointment has to do with the meltdown over Simpson after the Derby.

All coaches are eventually sacked.
No, there are a couple of consistent posters. A couple as in two. Ndot and smotie. There are a few random fake accounts that come and go. They all like each others posts, post exactly the same way, hold the same opinions, only post after a loss and often the accounts die.

The same way that pav used to routinely be a pest, except not as coherent. Almost all sound like Jack the Ninja, who is likely some tit like Nightfury

Don't try and broaden Simpson to Nesbitt and Gepp, neither are in favor

No, there are a couple of consistent posters. A couple as in two. Ndot and smotie. There are a few random fake accounts that come and go. They all like each others posts, post exactly the same way, hold the same opinions, only post after a loss and often the accounts die.

The same way that pav used to routinely be a pest, except not as coherent. Almost all sound like Jack the Ninja, who is likely some tit like Nightfury
You can't completely write off all accounts that don't conform to groupthink as aliases. People on the Freo board might start suspecting someone like Simmofreo is an Eagles alias, instead of a perpetually frightened Freo supporter.

You can't completely write off all accounts that don't conform to groupthink as aliases. People on the Freo board might start suspecting someone like Simmofreo is an Eagles alias, instead of a perpetually frightened Freo supporter.
I'm not, but it's hardly well hidden.

It used to happen just as much on the old forum, but the cardings and turnover was more regular, because it was easier to ip check posters and the mods actually cared about carding them. Chief, the most stable genius, long ago realised volume>quality.

I mean Pav and bunsen used to go back through threads and like all their own posts, sans getting a red. Heck I post under two accounts, but without the duplicity and most of the RDT posters do or did.

Darksharks may be a troll like 15 year memeber was, but not a Freo one. Jack the Ninja is though. Smotie made a strident defence of James Hird the other day, rubbishing Simpson in the process, however he is actually a WC supporter

I don't deny there are plenty of shitty posters, we probably have the most negative fanbase, but there are a shittone of dodgy ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back