When will the Carlton FC Arrive?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 2 of this thread is here:

"closest" bro its not even a question, Mckay is the coleman medalist, Weitering is a top 3 key defender in the league and Walsh is top 5 for brownlow favourite.
ah yes DeGoey is better than the coleman medalist, imagine having such a brain dead take. Sidebottom is a super mediocre player these days and his prime is well over, Walsh is a top 5 midfielder in the comp, sidebottom isn't even top 40. Weitering is also a super elite key defender and was unlucky to miss out on AA and is pretty similar to Moore in talent. Crisp is better than Saad, don't know why you'd have them as equal. Cripps and pendles equal on current form is fair but Cripps is much much younger and has time to turn his career back around. Seriously though what a delusional take.

Well done on replying to posts from before the season started?

This kind of bureaucratic messaging would make Sayers and the Carlton board proud, lol.

There are literally hundreds of articles stating how Clarkson was their man, and how he wouldn't have to go through any process if he wanted the job. There are also numerous bits of info that state Sayers spoke to Lyon about the role, which the board then later disagreed on (Lyon and Sayers both stated this themselves). One would have had to have gone through a process, the other one would not.

You literally waited until Clarkson stated he wasn't interested in coaching next year, to sack Teague. You didn't sack him on the Monday, you didn't sack him when the review was completed, you literally did it on the day that Clarkson refuted your advances. If that's not a direct correlation, I don't know what is.

Liddle may have technically resigned, but he literally stated 'back me or sack me' - which Sayers obviously didn't back him, so he was forced to resign...even though prior to that, Liddle was actually one of the people on the board chosen to select a coach - a bizarre set of circumstances.

But sure, get out on technicalities lol, when even supporters of your own club and supporters of 17 other clubs, can plainly see that this is just more of the same from an inept, mafiaesque Carlton board - spearheaded by Sayers and his corporate governance.

You need to check your sources and stop believing everything you read on Bigfooty as being gospel truth. So much of this is a media circus: media people quoting other media people and citing 'rumours' and then saying 'it has been reported' and so on. Very little direct truth.

Fact is, Carlton waited until the end of the season and for the results of the review before sacking Teague. We even gave him a chance to present his input after the season was done. We played our last game on Saturday 21st October. Teague spoke with the board on the 23rd (I think). He was sacked on the 26th, after the review had been considered. That was the stated process and it was followed.

We spoke with Clarkson for the first time on August 26th - immediately after the sacking was announced. Yep, there's a direct correlation between not having a coach and approaching the best coahc of the past 3 decades. Umm... we'd be negligent if we didn't...

Hundreds of articles that directly quote Carlton people saying 'Clarkson was their man'? I don't think so. That's a complete misinterpretation. It's conflating 'interest in Clarkson coaching' with actually offering something. I don't think Carlton have hidden a desire for an experienced coach, or that we approached Clarkson to see he was interested. That's not the same as offering him the job, nor was it when we did the same with Lyon.

And again, there's no 'technically' to Liddle resigning. He did literally resign. He was kept in his role, didn't like the terms, so he resigned.

You can call it what you want, and there's plenty to criticise but again - criticise what is actually there, not what is imagined. And try to understand the difference between Tom Browne saying 'rumour says X' and someone else then saying 'it has been reported that Carlton X' and something that is actually real.

ah yes DeGoey is better than the coleman medalist, imagine having such a brain dead take. Sidebottom is a super mediocre player these days and his prime is well over, Walsh is a top 5 midfielder in the comp, sidebottom isn't even top 40. Weitering is also a super elite key defender and was unlucky to miss out on AA and is pretty similar to Moore in talent. Crisp is better than Saad, don't know why you'd have them as equal. Cripps and pendles equal on current form is fair but Cripps is much much younger and has time to turn his career back around. Seriously though what a delusional take. Also if Howe, Grundy and Maynard were AA quality players then they would be AA, but none of them even made the squad so that speaks for itself.
You’re 6 months late to the party

Teague didn't have to go, that's utterly ridiculous. The players wanted him to stay, and his coaching record was better than any other Carlton coach in the past two decades, in their first two years.

His overly attacking gameplan could have been corrected over the summer, with the addition of defensive minded assistant coaches and general support (which he wasn't given during his baptism of fire over two covid ridden years). Geelong could have sacked Thompson, then didn't and went on to have a period of success. Richmond could have sacked Hardwick, same happened. Melbourne could have sacked Goodwin, now they're in a Grand Final. Carlton, however, seem to think that constantly changing coaches, is the sure path to success - rather than looking internally at what is wrong with their culture and their administration.

You sacked Ratten, a beloved Carlton figure, and then brought in Malthouse - from a hated rival - which started your internal demise. You then brought in Bolton, didn't get anywhere due to him not being very good, and then brought in another coach in Teague and gave him the head role, another Carlton figure. You then gave him just two years and put ridiculous amounts of pressure on him and the team, with the expectation of finals from all and sundry, and then sacked him when you didn't make it after those two years, despite there being other mitigating circumstances like injury/lack of coaching support.

Liddle is different, as he was part of that 'club', but it definitely seems like he was ousted due to his support for Teague (said it kept him up for two weeks straight - which says a lot about his feelings about the situation). Him leaving isn't as big a deal, but Sayers getting the top job and literally making 'captain's calls' about who to approach and what the strategy should be - even if it's in opposition to what other board members/players at the club want - is just more of the same insular crap that you've been doing for 20 years.

You now face the real possibility, that you've sacked Teague - and put the players and some people at the club offside - in your pursuit of a shortcut to success, will not get Clarkson, will not get Lyon, will not get Cook, and could end up with just another assistant coach like Giansiracusa, Voss or Kingsley, whilst paying out Teague 250K of your soft cap and literally being back right where you started because the powers that be are corporate minded idiots who think they're entitled success when they haven't earned it.

I wonder if you'll be so forgiving if that's how things turn out. I guarantee those players who spoke up publicly for Teague and were some promised some 'messiah coach' in the mould of Lyon or Clarkson, might not be.

(Disclaimer): I say this as an avid Carlton follower whose partner is a lifelong Carlton supporter (who is very upset about all this), and thus in recent years, they have become my second team - especially since watching Walsh who is probably my favourite player in the AFL right now.

If carlton get Chris scott, both of you may be happy!

Reading your board suggests otherwise.
We discuss the potential rumours. Some of our rumour posters have built up pretty good reputations over a period of time. You may also notice a tendency for us to run potential new rumour mongers off the board fairly quickly, even if they are saying things we want to hear.
We also have a fair bit of fun with the rumours, getting overly excited in childish ways while trying to decipher cryptic clues and making fun about the melts we'll have if/when something doesn't eventuate.
It's possible that you read all of our posts as being 100% serious, 100% of the time, but it's actually pretty much the opposite. Too many of our posters don't take the board seriously at all, but we love it that way.

Let the delistings begin !!!

Cottrell, Newnes, Boyd, Gibbons, Ramsay, Parks, Owies, McDonald, O'Brien & Petrevski-Seton are all in the frame.

I'd persist with O'Brien, one more year. Obvious deficiencies, but christ knows we need some players who can actually execute the game's core skill ie. kick a football. Likewise Parks, has played 6 games, one more year at least considering who knows if Marchbank will ever play again at this stage.

Gibbons is a tough one, hasn't done a whole lot wrong. But yeah could see it happening, just doesn't seem to have the tools in comparison to someone like Honey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We discuss the potential rumours. Some of our rumour posters have built up pretty good reputations over a period of time. You may also notice a tendency for us to run potential new rumour mongers off the board fairly quickly, even if they are saying things we want to hear.
We also have a fair bit of fun with the rumours, getting overly excited in childish ways while trying to decipher cryptic clues and making fun about the melts we'll have if/when something doesn't eventuate.
It's possible that you read all of our posts as being 100% serious, 100% of the time, but it's actually pretty much the opposite. Too many of our posters don't take the board seriously at all, but we love it that way.
Your board has been discussing that Teague, Liddle and Lloyd would be gone for some time. Long before the review findings were announced.
The poster you all look to as the Oracle of truth has posted as much. They also posted cryptic posts about Cook joining up as CEO long before Liddle was sacked, as have other posters who whip your board into a frenzy.

The narrative in here that the club didn’t know what the findings were, haven’t chased Lyon, Clarkson and Cook, and that it’s all a media beat up is a bit much.

5EA499A4-7D47-406B-8D7E-A4E6D43E3854.jpeg

Your board has been discussing that Teague, Liddle and Lloyd would be gone for some time. Long before the review findings were announced.
The poster you all look to as the Oracle of truth has posted as much. They also posted cryptic posts about Cook joining up as CEO long before Liddle was sacked, as have other posters who whip your board into a frenzy.

The narrative in here that the club didn’t know what the findings were, haven’t chased Lyon, Clarkson and Cook, and that it’s all a media beat up is a bit much.

View attachment 1237212
I don't get your point?
You're saying we shouldn't believe one of our best rumour posters, who according to you had been saying for some time that Teague, Liddle and Lloyd would be gone, when Teague and Liddle are gone and Lloyd looks on shaky ground and has even interviewed for a position at another club?
In one breath you appear to be saying that B70 pretty much got this 100% correct a fair way out, and in the other saying that we shouldn't give his rumours a second thought and discuss them as possibly being valid?

I don't get your point?
You're saying we shouldn't believe one of our best rumour posters, who according to you had been saying for some time that Teague, Liddle and Lloyd would be gone, when Teague and Liddle are gone and Lloyd looks on shaky ground and has even interviewed for a position at another club?
In one breath you appear to be saying that B70 pretty much got this 100% correct a fair way out, and in the other saying that we shouldn't give his rumours a second thought and discuss them as possibly being valid?

Didn't he call Clarkson weeks before Teague was fired? Kind of putting in to question the version of events spun by btdg about the process being totally professional?

I don't get your point?
Yeah, you’ve completely missed the point.

You replied to my post regarding just how many people believe what is posted on your board. Clearly lots of posters do.

The argument being had here that you involved yourself in, was that Carlton did not work on removing Teague and Liddle a long way out. The poster in question suggested that it was just a media beat up, and nothing to do with what Carlton were actually doing.

In the face of that though, B70 and others declared that Teague and Liddle were being removed quite some time ago, and it was cheered on as fact by the majority. As was the approach to Cook and Clarkson.

You can’t have posters now coming in here claiming that it’s all just a media beat up, while at the same time so many on your board congratulate B70 for being correct all the time and hanging on his every post.

Agree with all of this, and that is exactly why I’d want Clarko to undergo the same process we were requesting Ross undertake.

It might just work out that Pyke or Scott fit in better with what we’d expect. I’d just about take Pyke over Clarko in some ways.

I’m open-minded about bringing a first time coach if they’re deemed the best candidate available, but the club has indicated they’d prefer an experienced senior coach.
be very careful asking for a 1st time coach. You might get a decent one like simon goodwin or Ben Rutten or could land one as bad as Mark Neeld that can destroy the teams confidence.

Who on earth would want to coach Carlton next year when they know they'll get stabbed in the back for another attempt at Clarkson? One of the most incompetent footy boards I've ever seen.

the said thing is the playing squad isnt bad.... Well the core isnt. Weitering is a solid tall defender. They got the current coleman medalist in Harry McKay. Cripps, walsh and Docherty (when fully fit ) are solid mids. They could add another young mid in Cerra in the trade period too.

Clarkson would work well with the blues list.

Hell even Don Pyke would too or any semi decent coach.

If Carlton doesn't know what Ross Lyon can bring to the table, no amount of PowerPoint presentations will convince them of anything else? What a bunch of dickheads. I have been critical of Ross the boss, but he is easily the best candidate available right now, it's insane! Isn't the idea to hire the best person possible for the job?
you know as well as I do, I would get excited if ross lyon coaches again. lol

Yeah, you’ve completely missed the point.

You replied to my post regarding just how many people believe what is posted on your board. Clearly lots of posters do.

The argument being had here that you involved yourself in, was that Carlton did not work on removing Teague and Liddle a long way out. The poster in question suggested that it was just a media beat up, and nothing to do with what Carlton were actually doing.

In the face of that though, B70 and others declared that Teague and Liddle were being removed quite some time ago, and it was cheered on as fact by the majority. As was the approach to Cook and Clarkson.

You can’t have posters now coming in here claiming that it’s all just a media beat up, while at the same time so many on your board congratulate B70 for being correct all the time and hanging on his every post.
There's a lot of posters that don't post on the Carlton board mate, you can't tell anyone not to post in here because of what's happening on the Carlton board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back