Where can I watch the GF around the world?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

google omnisport afl grandfinal - costs 6 dollars to watch - used it for the qualifying & today in switzerland.
My dad watched it on TV for free in Austria. Think it was Eurosport or something. He will be in Switzerland next weekend. Hopefully there is somewhere he can watch it there.

Ended up at Walkabout and watched it live, then went to watch the delayed showing at Oz Bar as I sort of wanted to watch it again. Unfortunately it seems they won't have a license next week as they take months to apply for. Will have to be a sober showing next week.

already have a trip booked for istanbul for next week with the missus, does anyone have an idea where itll be shown there? i read somewhere the north shield last year showed it but cant get any info. would be greatly appreciated any help!!!

cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FOR NEXT WEEK

Shanghai, China
BigBamboo
132 Nanyang Rd (near Tongren Rd)

A couple of years ago had Y300 entry for all you can drink Coopers Pale and buffet of Pies, chips and other Aussie fare. Nice venue.

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Sports Bar
The Alley (Sivatha Blvd end / South end)

Small but about the only bar-based GF party in town. A few plasma TVs, clay BBQ, great staff, good atmosphere.

Ended up at Walkabout and watched it live, then went to watch the delayed showing at Oz Bar as I sort of wanted to watch it again. Unfortunately it seems they won't have a license next week as they take months to apply for. Will have to be a sober showing next week.
We were talking to the manager and he said it may be possible to push through an "emergency licence" or something like that. It takes 72 hours and they can prove that they didn't know the event was going to happen until now plus they can also prove there was no trouble this week.

We were talking to the manager and he said it may be possible to push through an "emergency licence" or something like that. It takes 72 hours and they can prove that they didn't know the event was going to happen until now plus they can also prove there was no trouble this week.

That would be good if they could manage it. I told myself with my first beer at 5am that it was OK to drink so early as the Grand Final only comes round once a year...

Thanks for the info.

Help needed please! Looking for a place in Krakow to watch the replay. I watched the game yesterday in the Ned Kelly Bar in Munich if anyone in Munich wants to know.

That would be good if they could manage it. I told myself with my first beer at 5am that it was OK to drink so early as the Grand Final only comes round once a year...

Thanks for the info.

How was it in terms of numbers, atmosphere etc? I ended up just watching in the house on ESPN but if Walkabouts any good I might try to get a few mates up for the replay.

How was it in terms of numbers, atmosphere etc? I ended up just watching in the house on ESPN but if Walkabouts any good I might try to get a few mates up for the replay.

There were a good 30 people there, maybe more. Atmosphere was alright, a fair few shouts for both teams.

Seemed to really get going in the second half, particularly at the end.

They had a big screen projector up as well with plenty of additional tv's. My only criticism was the urinal tv's weren't on.

already have a trip booked for istanbul for next week with the missus, does anyone have an idea where itll be shown there? i read somewhere the north shield last year showed it but cant get any info. would be greatly appreciated any help!!!

cheers
I was in Istanbul last year. They were showing a Carlton v Saints game live in a sports bar just up the road from the Blue Mosque. Its on the tram route, so catch a tram towards the Bazar - its on the right hand side, maybe 1 stop after the blue Mosque. Check out before the day. Beers pricey too.

Much will depend on rights agreements - no news of ESPN as far as I can.

Stockholm, Sweden
The Liffey, Gamla Stan
Årsta Swans AFC website

We were over 150 on Saturday and it was a great atmosphere. Could be even bigger this time round.

2010 Euro Cup in Milan, Italy
Milan, Italy
AFL Grand Final replay in the big tent at the 2010 Euro Cup in Parabiago in Milan starting at 6:30am.

http://www.eurocup2010.info/

Come join over 300 players from all over Europe (20 countries!) present for the Euro Cup international tournament of Australian Football playing nations, the largest annual international footy tournament in the world!

Then stick around and watch the best locally developed talent (non-Aussies except from 1-2 developing countries) from 15 European countries fight it out for the Euro Cup over the course of the day.

Another highlight will be the first ever international women's match between European powerhouse Ireland and the host nation Italy.

A massive day of European footy is guaranteed!

Help needed please! Looking for a place in Krakow to watch the replay. I watched the game yesterday in the Ned Kelly Bar in Munich if anyone in Munich wants to know.

I watched a lot of the World Cup in an Irish bar called "Irish Mbassy Sports Bar" when I was there in June (see map below). I'm sure they will show the GF. If not there are 2-3 other sports bars on the same street that are just as likely to show it. As a precaution it may be worth popping in and letting them know that its on and that you're interested in watching it. Good luck.

http://maps.google.com/places/pl/kraków/stolarska/3/-irish-mbassy-pub-restauracja-irlandzka?hl=en

I know this is a long shot but I'm off to Hachinoe in Japan. Doubt many people have actually been there but any advice on a bar to watch the match would be greatly appreciated.

Port Moresby, PNG
When: Saturday 25th September
Where: Avia Club - Aviat Street, Port Moresby PNG
80 Kina (AUD $30) Beer, wine, spirits and finger food. 3 major raffles throughout the day. Neat casual dress 18+. Sponsored by UMW and AFLPNG.
Email - info@afl-png.com Ph: 3254943

This event was the shizzle. When they say all you can drink spirits, they meant any spirits. We drank them dry of chivas regal. For $30, you're laughing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back