Where should Dewy play this week against the Lions?

Remove this Banner Ad

For mine he doesn't have the engine to play on a wing. And he doesn't have the defensive capacity to play at HB. He's good round the goals, ok overhead and can crumb goals. HFF/FP for me with an occasional run on the ball.

We are going to need to cover for Mahoney and Dew is an option there, but that means replacing Shaun and Dewy in defence. Perhaps Poulton and Symes.

We dont need to replace Dewy in the backlines as he wasnt played there last week.

Plus I dont think he would be smart or quick enough to take some of the Lions smaller forwards/resting midfielders out of the game.

portentous said:
With our dire lack of midfield depth at the moment, where do you think we should play Stewy this week? I'd like to see him on a wing personally........

i agree, so he can bomb to the foward lines, but maybe on a flank.

We are going in with a pretty shaky forward line really. If you think back to the GF, Pickett and Thrust scored 6 between them, while Mahoney got the ball rolling in the third term, and Wangas of course may need to be played in defence or on the wing by necessity this week.

We have to keep some sort of balance up forward between marking talls and capable opportunist small forwards. Dewy and Brett will play up there, but have to be better at making the likes of White, McDonald, Scott and Johnson more accountable. I would question whether they are up to it though.

blackdiamond said:
Just off of Dewy for a moment.

When Brett Ebert received the Rising Start Nomination against Brisbane, which player was it against?

Was it Brad Scott?

Chris Johnson

Back pocket... was good in the pre season playing a similar role as Chad, running from the back lines... can't take as good a mark, but has a great kick.

I know he's still young, but Ebert really needs to work on his composure around goal if he's going to be used as a crumbing forward. I've seen him miss-kick those quick left-foot goal attempts so many times. That goal he missed after a great interception during a port flood last week looked very awkward. That said, he has had some solid games up there....

Someone just needs to tell him to kick drup punts more often. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back