Where to now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Half measures undermine the authority of the coach, who will already be part way there with the title Interim in front of his name.

Pick the assistant to fill the role, sit him in the chair, move one of the junior assistants into the box, and external to this the board can start the replacement process. That's all that needs to be done for the rest of the 2015 season.

Probably right. Just thinking it's a lot to have to prepare for in the space of a week.

We just need to stay on this train that we are on. Have an almighty crack and see where we end up. Make the big decisions at the end of the year. Cannot criticise any of the players from this point on in 2015. Lets get behind them, get them through the year. Anything can happen. We could get belted every week or we could do the opposite. I thought about the latter today. It made me smile and cheered me up. It was only a dream but wouldn't that be one of the all time great sporting stories of history.

Roo on MMM: everyone is struggling to understand it. All players and staff have stayed together and are talking. Players in full training today, listening to their coaches and will do their job in Perth. Next week will actually be tougher. Meredith and Quinn are together. Fagan has been bloody sensational and Chapman is doing us proud. Looking at interim coach coach even though it doesn't feel right that they have to. Making some serious calls like strong clubs do.

Was in tears.

We just need to stay on this train that we are on. Have an almighty crack and see where we end up. Make the big decisions at the end of the year. Cannot criticise any of the players from this point on in 2015. Lets get behind them, get them through the year. Anything can happen. We could get belted every week or we could do the opposite. I thought about the latter today. It made me smile and cheered me up. It was only a dream but wouldn't that be one of the all time great sporting stories of history.

I would go in unchanged against WCE, possibly the Showdown, after that, the players who haven't been performing, are dropped.

Going in unchanged is unfair as well; guys who were in line for a Debut, they earnt that shot.

I would go in unchanged against WCE, possibly the Showdown, after that, the players who haven't been performing, are dropped.

Going in unchanged is unfair as well; guys who were in line for a Debut, they earnt that shot.

Some players won't mentally be up to playing. We will have some players drop out fir this reason.

Agreed - and I've got no problem with this.

Whatever happens this seasons.....just happens. The rest of this season is just going to be a blur.

If we lose every game, so be it. Day 1 of the 2016 pre season, we start again with a fresh new start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great result. Exactly what we needed.

Great thing for Worsfold to do. Total respect to him.
Under the circumstance I can't think of a better outcome. This is pleasing to me.

I remember what it was like to see Woosha in the club colors when he was over for the NAB Cup match. Lent the coaching box an enormous air of gravitas and credibility.

The worst circumstances but this is a great appointment by the club.

This is amazing. I don't think we should underestimate what this means. Worsfold had lived in Perth all of his life and makes a decision to do this within 24 hours for Walshy and our coaches and players. We should all feel very humbled by it.

Exactly how I feel mate - big statement and a show of the character Worsfold has; and of the man Walsh was.

s**t situation, clearly, but this is the best outcome we could hope for, given the circumstances.

Great news. The only doubt I have is that for Worsfold it's almost a knee jerk reaction. Hopefully when things calm down he doesn't have any regrets. There's not long to go until the end of the season though, so I'm thinking all will go well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back