Which show is better Family Guy or Southpark?

Remove this Banner Ad

This times ∞

SP just gets better and better. Post axing resurrection, FG has just got progressively more and more garbage

The last few seasons of Family Guy are not that funny. South Park is still classic :D Eric Cartman's father :D

Watching Family Guy drunk with friends is pretty good. It does its job of being mind numbingly ridiculous. Apart from that though there isn't much to it. Random humour can be funny but Family Guy completely relies on it, which makes it lose its charm very quickly.

South Park however has been brilliant since about season 4 in my opinion. Incorporates random humour into witty humour and clever, well thought out, topical story lines. Also, Randy Marsh is just plain hilarious.

I'd be very surprised if anything in my lifetime ever comes close to what the Simpsons used to be though. Its amazing how episodes that were made 20 years ago are still excellent.

American Dad is much funnier then Family Guy.
Anybody who thinks that Family Guy is better these days fails at comedy

Anyone who thinks American Dad was ever or will ever be funny fails at comedy.

You are just a dumbarse, or have watched about 2 episodes and rate new simpsons and the last few seasons of family guy.
American Dad is a much better and smarter show then Family Guy to anybody with a IQ that requires at least 2 digits, but South Park is better then both.
And you are agreeing with Mantis which only further proves you fail at life and comedy.

South Park >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Family Guy

And i like FG. Always good for some cheap laughs, but it's no contest between these 2.

First 8ish seasons of The Simpsons is the only animation that can claim to be better than South Park.

You are just a dumbarse, or have watched about 2 episodes and rate new simpsons and the last few seasons of family guy.

Or maybe someone can just disagree with you on whether a particular show is funny or not without that making them an idiot. I can't stand the new Simpsons or Family Guy. Or American Dad. Just because you don't agree with my taste on a particular show, doesn't mean I like s**t like that. Tool.

I like Family Guy, but love South Park.

Family Guy is starting to annoy me though. The cut aways are rarely funny anymore. They just have so many and so many of them miss. They're just lame, obscure 1980's pop culture references.

Seth, rather than making fun of things from your childhood why don't you make fun of things that are relevent?

Nobody cares about Peter riding late 70's Bruce Jenner home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After the South Park movie and from about Season 4/5 onwards, South Park really matured as a show (if you listen to the episode commentaries (which are on Youtube btw) you can hear Matt and Trey discuss how they learnt heaps about Story structure and pacing from that). It became much tighter, much more focused and much more satirical, without losing the gross-out humour. Season 5-11 and the first halves of 13 and 14, in my mind, are of the same quality as The Simpsons 3-8 and Futurama 1-4, and it's definitely been the superior animated comedy of this decade.

Family Guy is alright, but I feel like I have to switch my brain off to enjoy it. I can enjoy a South Park episode anytime/anywhere.

There's been a lot of love for Randy in this thread, but I need to send more out to Butters. In my mind, there's no coincidence that the rise in quality of South Park coincided with the fleshing out of Butters as a character. Managing to give distinct personalities and involve most of the other fourth grade boys in these last few seasons has also been a reason for the increased quality.

There's been a lot of love for Randy in this thread, but I need to send more out to Butters. In my mind, there's no coincidence that the rise in quality of South Park coincided with the fleshing out of Butters as a character. Managing to give distinct personalities and involve most of the other fourth grade boys in these last few seasons has also been a reason for the increased quality.

The speech Butters give in the Raisins episode, after he's been dumped by his shawtie, is fantastic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back