Opinion Which WA lad to try and poach?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I agree in principle. However the 'oldest list in the comp' comes almost entirely from our KPPs. We may end up in a weird situation for a year or two where we have a gun midfield but no one at either end while we wait for the draftees to develop.
Players 29 or over are Sylvia, Crowley, Mundy, McPharlin, Bradley, Pavlich, Sandi, Johnson, Duffield. Those in bold being he KPP types.
For myself I am confident that all those roles can be filled by people on our list tomorrow. with the exception of the ones in Red. I am not saying that the players coming in are as good but McPharlin can be replaced by SCOS, Sandi has Griff or Hannath, Duffield has C Pearce or Sherridan, Crowley's role can be done by MDB freeing up a slot for Duffy or Crozier in the HFF role. Bradley and Sylvia DNP last match so not relevant.
IMHO the players likely to replace both Pav and Johnson are the untried. Johnson is less a concern as there are some prospects in A Pearce and Smith and as previously seen others can pinch hit in his role. Pav is the only genuine concern and he is signed to play next year. By the year end 2015 I would anticipate that Apeness and Tabs will have more that 20 matches between them and will be coming along.
Not ideal I agree but there are no really large holes here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back