Who do you want as our Captain in 2015?

2015 Captain

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't see anyone but VB being captain next year to be honest. Sloane's on field exploits screams captain material. Not sure about behind closed doors though.

Would like danger to focus on his game more.

Would actually be happy with Tex or Talia as well. Tex is left field but he seems the smartest footballer on the list and he has a huge presence.

I think Tex isn't that left field, he is a natural leader out there.

I'm not against the idea of big sauce as Capitan. Big presence on the field, our most irreplaceable player, puts his body on the line, runs hard, hits the scoreboard and has been playing outstanding footy.

When was the last time you said to someone, 'damn sauce just got belted'?

Who was the last captain that was a ruckman?

I think Tex isn't that left field, he is a natural leader out there.

I'm not against the idea of big sauce as Capitan. Big presence on the field, our most irreplaceable player, puts his body on the line, runs hard, hits the scoreboard and has been playing outstanding footy.

When was the last time you said to someone, 'damn sauce just got belted'?

Who was the last captain that was a ruckman?

Primus?

I remember Macca didn't want to be captain... said he already could lead by doing what he did on-field. Lead by example. I wonder if Danger needs that validation or like Macca, could just lead by example? I personally don't think either Danger OR Sloane are ready... proved that this year. Not sure about Tex. Probably more leaning towards Talia.

I think Danger would make the best captain - he's our best player and always puts his body on the line - whether he can handle it, is suited to it or even wants the job is another story. That aside, why wouldn't you want your most charismatic personality (Tex aside) to be the face of the club? Perhaps it'd give him greater impetus to succeed and to stay to be a one-club player?

Looking at a more recent example, captaincy has only really enhanced Boak's game. The captaincy was certainly a factor in Ablett desire to move to GC and it hasn't affected his game either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eddie - the most respected player on our list I reckon... is there anyone who doesn't like him...who wouldn't follow him into battle? he's a gem...

allows time for Danger, Tex, and Sloaney to develop fully...

I must admit I am a little bit in the Grant Thomas camp on this one ... as much as I don't like the sound of that.

The Captain in terms of game day - really only tosses the coin. All of the other things we associate with being captain can be done by anyone in the team. The captains goal, the leading by example, the courage etc... shouldn't make on iota of difference if you have the "C" after your name.

Where it does matter?

The media. The off-field influence of other players. The honour of being the captain of your club. The added responsibility that comes with the mantle.

Those things can propel some players to greatness, and spit others out.

For me, VB will probably not be toppled this year - but honestly, Dangerfield would be a great captain.

Eddie - the most respected player on our list I reckon... is there anyone who doesn't like him...who wouldn't follow him into battle? he's a gem...

allows time for Danger, Tex, and Sloaney to develop fully...
There is no way we would offer the captaincy to Eddie, as much as we love him - I don't see him as captain material at all.

IMO Sloane best represents Walsh's mantra

Team first
Team defence
Two way running

Is there a better player on our list that echoes Walsh's words with actions

Back