Who has been the greatest live act ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Who.

Can't wait to see them play Quadrophenia in America next year.

Did you see them on the halftime show in the NFL SuperBowl a few years back?

So very, very bad..:thumbsdown:

Queen and John Cougar Mellencamp in his heyday. Early Brian Adams and The Angels circa late 70s up until about the mid 80s. Saw Meatloaf at Festival Hall in the mid 80s and he was awesome.

Saw Madonna at the 'G' in about '94 and was very disappointed. Someone mentioned KISS at VFL Park. They were terrible mainly because the acoustics were ****ed.

Wish I'd seen Springsteen. Saw AC/DC twich with Bon Scott and twice without including when the Tennis Centre was first opened (actually enjoyed the Party Boys more as the support act)

Saw Billy Thorpe in the mid 90s in Broome and was definitely one of the better shows I've been to. Spent about 5 or so hours afterwards with him, his band and my shipmates swilling booze and telling stories at the Nippon Club. Was one of my most memorable nights.

Arcade Fire - Forum
Sigur Ros - Palais
Radiohead - Festival Hall

Would have liked to see - Bowie.

Off to see the Stones this week. Can't wait.

Ministry were louder than Motorhead I've seen Motorhead three times and Ministry twice. Ministry are definitely one of the most amazing live shows I've ever seen. It's hard to pull a greatest from the thousands of acts I've seen but Ministry are a top 5.

I reckon The Stooges around 1970 would be the greatest live band the world has ever seen and the Mick Taylor era Stones would have been something special to see.

Friend of mine saw both Zeppelin and the Stones at Kooyong in the early '70s (Zeppelin '72, Stones '73) and he said as great as Zeppelin were the Stones were better.

The Who were probably better again. Especially between '69-'76.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The band that ticks most of the boxes for a live act right now would most likely be Muse.
Some complain that the band don't interact with the audience but that's just fine for me. I'd sooner get the music than some oral padding.

This is just from last nights concert a few hours ago.

Portisehead at harvest last year are one of the best live acts i've seen and there was no crowd interaction. Amazing.

Midnight Oil are the best I ever saw. I've got a couple of hundred live recordings of them and not a single instance of the same set list appearing twice. Played every show like it was their last.

U2 are pretty good but relying too much on tapes and extra hidden musicians these days. They were actually the first band I ever saw, back in 1984.

Pink Floyd was amazing of course, as was Roger Waters Wall tour, though that's probably more a theatrical event than a rock one.

The ones I didn't see but wish I could have - Zeppelin, Queen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back