Who have been the Top 3 Hawks during the Premiership Era of 08 13 14 15?

Remove this Banner Ad

gillo94

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2014
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Who have been the 3 most influential Hawks throughout the Journey?

I have

1 Luke Hodge
2 Lance Franklin
3 Sam Mitchell

Tempted to put in Shane Crawford at 3, champion player

I have

1 Luke Hodge
2 Lance Franklin
3 Sam Mitchell

Funny - my first reaction with Buddy was impolite to say the least. But I suppose his defection was influential for 2014!

I think a little outside the square:

1. Clarko
2. Hodge
3. Burgoyne

Mitchell was not influential in the 2008 and 2013 grand finals. Jordan Lewis has had better grand finals compared to Mitchell when you look at all 4 grand finals but I think Burgoyne has had the most impact in since 2008 overall, including the 2013 Preliminary, without which there would be no threepeat.

I think a little outside the square:

1. Clarko
2. Hodge
3. Burgoyne

Mitchell was not influential in the 2008 and 2013 grand finals. Jordan Lewis has had better grand finals compared to Mitchell when you look at all 4 grand finals but I think Burgoyne has had the most impact in since 2008 overall, including the 2013 Preliminary, without which there would be no threepeat.
Era says more than just GF day BUT Hawk could mean a coach so you win that one

Certainly Hodge number 1, no doubt about that. Then throw a blanket over another 5 or 6.

I reckon there is a doubt - Mitchell is an all time great of this club. Hodge is too but I'll take Mr Consistent first.

For me:

1. Mitchell
2. Hodge
3. Burgoyne

Burgoyne has been involved in one less Hawk flag but he has been extraordinary in big games. Had some game winning prelim moments in prior years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon there is a doubt - Mitchell is an all time great of this club. Hodge is too but I'll take Mr Consistent first.

For me:

1. Mitchell
2. Hodge
3. Burgoyne

Burgoyne has been involved in one less Hawk flag but he has been extraordinary in big games. Had some game winning prelim moments in prior years.

The reason I have no doubt about Hodgey is his performance in 2008 was superb, and the goals he kicked in 2014 and 2015 flattened the opposition and set up the easy win. The goal this year from the boundary was amazing, and opposition players' jaws just dropped. The intercepted goal in the 2nd quarter in 2015 from the kick in nailed it shut. He just did freakish things at vital moments and that's why I said Hodge, no doubt.

I have

1 Luke Hodge
2 Lance Franklin
3 Sam Mitchell

Your list looks good for the 08 premiership on its own, but definitely no Franko or Crawf for the cumulative premierships.

Mine

1 Hodge
2 Mitchell
3 Roughy

I have

1 Luke Hodge
2 Lance Franklin
3 Sam Mitchell

1. Mitchell
2. Hodge
3. Franklin
3a. Burgoyne/ Roughead

Easily the best 3 players of the era. You can argue Buddy, as he hasn't been there the last 2 years.

1. Mitchell
2. Hodge
3. Franklin
3a. Burgoyne/ Roughead

Easily the best 3 players of the era. You can argue Buddy, as he hasn't been there the last 2 years.

I bet as Hawks supporter you see Crawford as a club champion? Right?

Not sure how Buddy is different to Crawf

1. Hodge (2 Norm Smiths, in the top 5 players in each premiership) and a star performer during the era.
2. Mitchell for consistency. Two poor Grand Finals but generally good week in week out.
3. Birchall, a durable and consistent running half-back who is taken for granted.

I bet as Hawks supporter you see Crawford as a club champion? Right?

Not sure how Buddy is different to Crawf

They are both club champions. Thats why put Buddy in there.

But the question was who are the top 3 hawks during the 08,13,14&15?

Crawf was only there for 08, Buddy was only there for 08&13.

Roughy has been all of the them. Burgoyne in 3 of them (and absolutely influential in the finals of each of them).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back