Who is the most likely to win this week?

Which team is the most likely to win this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Port. Richmond are rubbish, running on bravado and confidence but the Power are just heaps better. Every other game could go either way.
Bravado and Confidence will take us to our 10th straight win. Can't wait. Port heaps better? Nope.

You post a lot, a lot of s**t. Your posts remind me of a Talking Heads lyric.

You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything.

Can't pick any of them except I'm thinking Port will take care of Richmond. I think the AFL did the Tigers no favours awarding them the home strip and it will have the Power in a particularly nasty mood.

I'm assuming anyone who is nominating Sydney would have nominated Geelong in last year's incarnation of this thread?
why is it always the Freo fans that feel the need to retort any and every post in regards to their team, even the seemingly innocuous ones, such as game tips?
worst fanbase in the league, by far

why is it always the Freo fans that feel the need to retort any and every post in regards to their team, even the seemingly innocuous ones, such as game tips?
worst fanbase in the league, by far

Worst fanbase in the league is a bit far mate, but that's your opinion

Oooh, is this where Tom Harley predicts the Hawks are the most likely to lose in week 1 of the finals if there is an upset.........before we go on to see Richmond lose to Carlton, Pies lose to PA and Cats lose at home to Freo.

I actually really liked Tom as a player and thought he was a terrific captain of a great side.

However, as a commentator/pundit he is nothing more than a one-eyeg flog who is incapable of putting forward a balanced view.

Last edited:
My gut tells me Hawthorn. I just think they will be too good for Geelong.
Too much scoring power with great players all over the ground. Geelong would need Hawkins to have an absolute blinder to get over the line.

Sydney would be my next choice but only because of Freo's key outs. If Freo was full strength I wouldn't pick this one.

Port should beat Richmond but Richmond have won 9 on the trot don't think you can declare this decisively.

North vs Essendon - I think its an even contest. Could go either way.

I think Hawks. Geelong don't seem to be able to string 4 quarters together and it will take that.

North v Essendon is a tough one. North usually have a quarter off and Essendon usually dominate for one. If they line up at the same time then North could be in trouble. If they don't, North should win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually really liked Tom as a player and thought he was a terrific captain of a great side.

However, as a commentator/pundit he is nothing more than a one-eyeg flog who is incapable of putting forward a balanced view.
I think we needs Harley throwing to Lingy on the boundary with the moondog on special comments.

Back on thread. If I don't count my own team. ..... Hawthorn.
I'd I include my team. ...... still Hawthorn.

Port, they impressed me last week and with the manic home crowd behind them will get up but not by much. All other games 50/50 imo.

Sydney. Johnson and probably McPharlin out means Freo's defence is decimated.

Lol ok. I don't understand why this keeps getting thrown around. McPharlin has barely played in the second half of the year and Freo still managed to have the second least points scored against. Ibbotson will take Johnson's role, and Silvagni will come into the side to play as a stopper.

Freo defend as a team, not as individuals vs key forwards.

Lol ok. I don't understand why this keeps getting thrown around. McPharlin has barely played in the second half of the year and Freo still managed to have the second least points scored against. Ibbotson will take Johnson's role, and Silvagni will come into the side to play as a stopper.

Freo defend as a team, not as individuals vs key forwards.

Fair call. More just looking at the quality that you have lost. Ibbotson is hardly at Johnson's level, same with Silvagni v McPharlin.

You're team defence is very very good, but you are playing against a team that attacks as good as anyone.

Fair call. More just looking at the quality that you have lost. Ibbotson is hardly at Johnson's level, same with Silvagni v McPharlin.

You're team defence is very very good, but you are playing against a team that attacks as good as anyone.
Last year Ibbotson was in AA form and then got injured mid year. He seemed to be building some good form vs Port last weekend, and had a much better game than Johnson did, who looked well off the pace against Westhoff.

Anyway, no one can match Buddy 1 on 1, they will need to pressure the midfielders and make sure they cannot deliver to his advantage and also force 2 V 1s when they can.

Sydney. Biggest concern is the ANZ surface makes luck a bigger factor but Sydney has much better forwards and probably the edge in midfield.

Accept the bolded bit grudgingly, although it really should be "tall" forwards. Question the midfield assertion though; it's strange how our midfield is so underrated, whether it's the top three or the depth.

port as draw has made richmond look much better than they are followed by sydney. hawks v geelong can never be predicted. north should win easily but which north turns up is problem.

Back