Who is the 'Reverend'?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure I had heard them refer to the 'Reverend' Johnny Barker back when JB was at his best, but I'm pretty sure he never studied law or psych. Maybe that bit was thrown in just to put people off track?

Thought I read an article once where they said they used to call Angelo Lekkas the reverend, something about him being really into religion and always quoting the bible.

"The Hawthorn group immediately forgave the Reverend after his confession. We all felt redeemed in some way. Cleansed. He went on to become a lawyer, but resigned after one year. He is now studying psychology."

Thought Nick was still practicing Law....and/or temporary head to some organisation like AFL Coaches Association....unlikely to be him in that case

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jade Rawlings looked like a monk. He finished in 2004. Boyle started in 2003, Lawrence finshed in 1998

I'll have a crack and say Tim Clarke.

I called him the Reverend because every time he got the ball and tried to kick i would say "Jesus ******* christ"
Yeah but remember...he's a elite runner!!! :eek::D And a great leader because he trains so hard!! When hacks like him were found out for who they are ( not good footballers) only then did the Hawks were able to improve their list.. Clarke and Greene..Twigs!

Yeah but remember...he's a elite runner!!! :eek::D And a great leader because he trains so hard!! When hacks like him were found out for who they are ( not good footballers) only then did the Hawks were able to improve their list.. Clarke and Greene..Twigs!
When we started asking...would they play in out next premiership? that's when it started improving.

Getting kids that can kick works wonders

When we started asking...would they play in out next premiership? that's when it started improving.

Getting kids that can kick works wonders
True but there has been a greater push for runners in recent years. Hartung and Hill were chosen as much for athleticism as anything else. I reaally don't know what position Hartung will play long term in our side given how small he is. I think HBF he is a winger but having too lightweight short people on the wing isn't ideal. At least they can both kick!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back