Who is the 'Reverend'?

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty confident that it is Beau Dowler.
Beau Dowler didn't start with Hawthorn until 2006 season. The article mentions Glenferrie Oval as the location of the incident and we finished using that as a training base in 2005.

Re-reading the article, it doesn't say or even suggest (other than the nickname) that The Reverend is actually religious so we may be incorrect to assume this. He may have been called that because he looked like a Reverend or spoke like one or something. Still have no idea who it is though....

Mark Graham was known as The Reverend "Billy Graham" among some groups of supporters. He may have got this also from the players, and he was around in Boyle's early days. However, he doesn't fit the lawyer / physc things. He works in orthopaedics. He would have also been a senior player, and probably had more integrity than to sign the jumper.

Beau Dowler didn't start with Hawthorn until 2006 season. The article mentions Glenferrie Oval as the location of the incident and we finished using that as a training base in 2005.

Quite correct. I got my 'Beaus' mixed up. Lock in Bo Nixon. I know someone above has suggested 'SENIOR' player and Nixon may not qualify - but he is the player.

Quite correct. I got my 'Beaus' mixed up. Lock in Bo Nixon. I know someone above has suggested 'SENIOR' player and Nixon may not qualify - but he is the player.

I checked Bo Nixon. Listed as a lawyer and still working as a lawyer. Doesn't fit the bill as a 'senior player'.

Im note convinced the article said the culprit was a senior player, it certainly alluded to senior players putting the pressure on to fess up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back